Redshift For Daz3D

Would someone PLEASE make a plug-in or some sort of product to allows for the use of Redshift in Daz3d? Redshift is renowned for reducing 3d render times and is popular throughout the world for use in animation.

Comments

• TDBAGZTDBAGZ Posts: 165

Till then, have you checked out these yet?

Scene Optimizerhttps://www.daz3d.com/scene-optimizer

Camera View Optimizerhttps://www.daz3d.com/camera-view-optimizer

• nonesuch00nonesuch00 Posts: 18,032

It looks to me as if Maxon has no public API published with which anyone not working for and tasked by Maxon to make such a plugin could attempt to do so.

• SevrinSevrin Posts: 6,305

Yeah, Maxon would have to do it, just like Otoy made the Optane plugin.

• AsariAsari Posts: 703
    Redshift is amazing. I doubt that Maxon would build a DAZ integration - considering a stand alone license of Redshift costs 500 usd and few DAZ users would pay that price for a renderer but well and Maxon wouldn't give away Redshoft for free for DAZ users. But maybe there are other benefits for Maxon? Dunno. But it would be amazing if that happened.
  • FSMCDesignsFSMCDesigns Posts: 12,721
    Asari said:
    Redshift is amazing. I doubt that Maxon would build a DAZ integration - considering a stand alone license of Redshift costs 500 usd and few DAZ users would pay that price for a renderer but well and Maxon wouldn't give away Redshoft for free for DAZ users. But maybe there are other benefits for Maxon? Dunno. But it would be amazing if that happened.

Agreed. I'd like a plugin for Vray or Maxwell renderers myself, but with what they cost I am not holding my breath.

• MoonCraft3DMoonCraft3D Posts: 379

Redshift as I understand it significantly decreases the speed in chich renders happen, making animations much faster and easier to render....a major issue with Daz.

• AsariAsari Posts: 703
    edited April 2020

Redshift as I understand it significantly decreases the speed in chich renders happen, making animations much faster and easier to render....a major issue with Daz.

Sure, but Redshift is also a production renderer aimed at studios and professionals. DAZ isn't mainly marketing toward hobbyists directly but since they tie all the stuff sale to DAZ Studio they actually are mainly catering to hobbyists who do stills. Daz Studio does a great job at what it's supposed to do but can't or won't do anything besides that which limits 3D artists in many ways who want to go beyond the render stills of pre-made content. I'm not saying hobbyists is their only demographic but certainly their largest. That isn't a target audience that Maxon seems to be interested in, I'm afraid. Their acquisition of Redshift makes a lot of sense business-wise ... Solid Angle went under the Autodesk umbrella so C4D and Redshift makes totally sense business-wise. I don't think Maxon wishes to expand to the Daz demographic. So, like FSMCDesigns says, not holding my breath. Not likely to happen. As unlikely as Cycles and Eevee ...
    Post edited by Asari on