can i unweld verts to make flesh wounds, torn shirts?

MistaraMistara Posts: 38,675
edited December 1969 in Daz Studio Discussion

it would be nice to not have to transmap all the time to fake a tear in mesh.

especially with the ds geoclone feature. could put a wound under the skin layer.

Comments

• SickleYieldSickleYield Posts: 7,629
    edited December 1969

I don't know what you mean by "geoclone," but as far as I know, no, you can't. Geografts can technically be used that way, but only for one mesh and one texture for that mesh, where a transmap can be used on any texture with the same UV. That's why transmaps get used more often.

• MistaraMistara Posts: 38,675
    edited April 2014

it's on the create menu with the primitives and null and the instances. geo something. ... i think. :roll:

iz a drawback to staying up late with the tutorials. harder to retain.

i heard drinking beer improves memory. :lol:

Post edited by Mistara on
  • WendyLuvsCatzWendyLuvsCatz Posts: 37,938
    edited December 1969

HD wounds might be possible if we get the tech, see through not practical as one would have red flesh under skin anyway so texture needed.
    with HD it could be sunk in better and the wounds could be more realistic with thin double flaps of skin etc

• backgroundbackground Posts: 360
    edited April 2014

You could create a geograft to replace part of the body, with any kind of geometry on the new part, so long as the edge polygons exactly match the area where the geograft will replace.

If you don't want to go down the geograft route, then while you can't add or remove vertices from a model, you can remove one or more polygons, or a line of polygons. So you could make a tear in a mesh. It is all around easier to do it with transparency maps and textures though.

Post edited by background on
  • JaderailJaderail Posts: 0
    edited December 1969

The term your hunting is Geo Shell and they to are a full mesh. No way to unweld them.

• SickleYieldSickleYield Posts: 7,629
    edited April 2014

Jaderail said:
    The term your hunting is Geo Shell and they to are a full mesh. No way to unweld them.

The idea of putting a wound layer on a geoshell might have merit if you want to then use a transmap on the character above it.

Geoshells can be set to negative offset. That's still a transmap solution, mind you, but it's a pretty good one, especially since you can now use a different UV on the geo than the body. The quick way you'd only have to do a transmap for an existing UV and then put the M4 or V4 muscle maps on the offset geo shell.

Then you'd use something like rigged water, an LIE layer, or another geoshell as a top layer to add bleeding if you wanted bleeding.

Post edited by SickleYield on
  • JaderailJaderail Posts: 0
    edited December 1969

Now that is a use of a Geo Shell I'dd not thought of. Clothing modifiers, layering, and texture swapping I've done. Cool Idea there.