My Morphs aren't loading. Why?

VerininceVerinince Posts: 51
edited December 1969 in The Commons

Comments

• JaderailJaderail Posts: 0
    edited December 1969

No clue, the Postage size image on another site is no help. You can post images inline here with the Choose File option in a Post. And the Forum Software will auto resize for display but allow others to view them full size as long as the file limit is not exceeded.

• VerininceVerinince Posts: 51
    edited December 1969
    edited December 1969

I meant you can post the Image here without a link but that works... I think your Paths for DAZ Studio are not set up properly... The Poser folder must be in the Content Path. Here is a Default Paths set up with both of the Default Content folders listed properly...

Paths_Both_Default.png
    429 x 467 - 62K
    edited December 1969

From the looks of it I have them set up right.
    https://www.flickr.com/photos/60108153@N05/13770912803/

• fixmypcmikefixmypcmike Posts: 19,580
    edited December 1969

Can you expand the Poser Formats as well? That should have the same entries as the DS-formats. If you're talking about morphs for pre-Genesis figures, they are in Poser format.

edited December 1969

Can you expand the Poser Formats as well? That should have the same entries as the DS-formats. If you're talking about morphs for pre-Genesis figures, they are in Poser format.

Yes, paths are the same as the DAZ paths.

edited April 2014

Yes, as Noted in my Image both folders are mapped, as both formats, that allows DAZ Studio to read the Poser content as well as the DAZ Studio content. V4 is poser format and should work once the paths are corrected.

Post edited by Jaderail on
    edited December 1969

What figure are you having trouble with, and what error messages do you get?

edited December 1969

Is your V4 content in a Runtime folder that is not mapped? If so the Runtime should be Mapped to the Poser Formats Path below the other folders. Then DAZ Studio could read it as well.

edited April 2014

Alright, here is the location of my V4
    C:\Users\Public\Documents\My DAZ 3D Library\Runtime\Libraries\!DAZ\Victoria 4
    Is this right?

Also, I get this error with a lot of characters but currently it's Susierags

Post edited by Verinince on
    edited December 1969

Which folder on your PC holds your V4 content? That folder has the POSER files in it that DAZ Studio is not seeing. If your V4 content was not installed to a Proper Runtime folder structure as created by DIM install or Copied from a ZIP content folder they will not function in DAZ Studio. At this time without more info like which OS you are running, I think I see Win, and how and where the content for V4 was installed there is not much that can be done. The proper folder needs mapped ad it also needs to be a proper Runtime format folder for Poser. DAZ Studio uses both.

edited April 2014

Verinince said:
    Alright, here is the location of my V4
    C:\Users\Public\Documents\My DAZ 3D Library\Runtime\Libraries\!DAZ\Victoria 4
    Is this right?

Also, I get this error with a lot of characters but currently it's Susierags

Then you should have this in your Poser Paths, and only this for the path to that folder.
    C:\Users\Public\Documents\My DAZ 3D Library
    If that is not working, the morphs you are trying to use are not installed properly to the content. They must go into the Same folder that has your V4 figure at install.
    Post edited by Jaderail on
    edited December 1969

That is my path and I didn't install Victoria, my DAZ Install Manager did.

edited December 1969

How was RMSusie Installed? The Error says that one of the morphs is not in the Runtime.

edited December 1969

Jaderail said:
    How was RMSusie Installed? The Error says that one of the morphs is not in the Runtime.

I installed her like I do everything. I drop the folder into the directory where runtime is. I get the error with all of my injections though and nothing else. Materials and everything work fine, just not injections.

https://www.flickr.com/photos/60108153@N05/13772035214/

• jerhamjerham Posts: 153
    edited December 1969

Maybe a stupid question, but i presume you do own and installed the morph ++ pack also?

You should have installed the following files (DIM, all to the same content folder):

Victoria 4.2 Base
    Victoria 4.2 Powerloader
    Victoria 4.2 Base Studio CF

Victoria 4.2 Morphs ++
    Victoria 4.2 Morphs ++ Powerloader
    Victoria 4.2 Morphs ++ Studio CF

When loading Victoria 4.2 the powerloader screen should pop-up, which shows all the morph packs that can be loaded (sees creen shot). If not make sure as mentioned above that you have the correct libraries are added in DAZ Studio (maybe you can try reinstalling from DIM),

Naamloos.jpg
    1900 x 1048 - 407K
    edited December 1969

Can you crop the screenshot of the error messages? I'm afraid I can't read them.

edited April 2014

jerham said:
    Maybe a stupid question, but i presume you do own and installed the morph ++ pack also?

You should have installed the following files (DIM, all to the same content folder):

Victoria 4.2 Base
    Victoria 4.2 Powerloader
    Victoria 4.2 Base Studio CF

Victoria 4.2 Morphs ++
    Victoria 4.2 Morphs ++ Powerloader
    Victoria 4.2 Morphs ++ Studio CF

When loading Victoria 4.2 the powerloader screen should pop-up, which shows all the morph packs that can be loaded (sees creen shot). If not make sure as mentioned above that you have the correct libraries are added in DAZ Studio (maybe you can try reinstalling from DIM),

Okay, I am installing it. Let me see if this works.

edited December 1969

Okay, for Susie rags it says AIKO 4 and morphs ++ are needed as well as DAZ. I installed all of those things. It quit giving me any errors after I installed them but now when I apply the injection it only moves slightly. Like it literally applies a very very tiny adjustment. It doesn't seem to be applying the A4 Petite like it should be. This is driving me crazy.

edited April 2014

Verinince said:
    Okay, for Susie rags it says AIKO 4 and morphs ++ are needed as well as DAZ. I installed all of those things. It quit giving me any errors after I installed them but now when I apply the injection it only moves slightly. Like it literally applies a very very tiny adjustment. It doesn't seem to be applying the A4 Petite like it should be. This is driving me crazy.

Glad to hear that the error part is solved. Since i do not own Susie it's kind of difficult to help with that one.
    Hoewever, are you loading the susie morph on the victoria base shape or on the Aiko 4 base shape (form the content library)?

If you only tried on the Victoria base shape, maybe it is solved when loading on the Aiko base shape. You can find the Aiko base shape in the content library under poser formats -> <<name of you're runtime>> -> Figures -> Daz people -> Aiko 4

I know of some figures that need a specific base shape loaded, mabe this works.

Post edited by jerham on
    edited April 2014

jerham said:
    Verinince said:

Glad to hear that the error part is solved. Since i do not own Susie it's kind of difficult to help with that one.
    Hoewever, are you loading the susie morph on the victoria base shape or on the Aiko 4 base shape (form the content library)?

If you only tried on the Victoria base shape, maybe it is solved when loading on the Aiko base shape. You can find the Aiko base shape in the content library under poser formats -> <<name of you're runtime>> -> Figures -> Daz people -> Aiko 4

I know of some figures that need a specific base shape loaded, mabe this works.

I am no longer getting the error because I browsed to the location of the file. Unfortunately upon pressing okay the model failed to inject.

I start by loading Victoria into the scene:
    https://www.flickr.com/photos/60108153@N05/13784052613/

Then I manually apply the ++:
    https://www.flickr.com/photos/60108153@N05/13784060005/in/photostream/

Then, this:
    https://www.flickr.com/photos/60108153@N05/13783965035/in/photostream/

Take note, the face inject works perfectly fine but the body does not.

I have tried doing this with Aiko Base. I currently have Aiko 5. Here is the requirements page for Susie:
    http://www.renderosity.com/mod/bcs/rm-susie/82920

Also take note of how friggin thin she is in the images. The base Victoria looks overweight compared to her.

Here is AIKO 5 not working
    https://www.flickr.com/photos/60108153@N05/13784195113/

edited April 2014

Ok, i think i know what the problem is, you have Aiko 5 which is for Genesis and not for Victoria 4.

You need the Aiko 4 base model, that one contains the correct morphs you need for this figure (and will also show in the list, see my previous screenshot, third from above)

Post edited by jerham on
    edited December 1969

jerham said:
    Ok, i think i know what the problem is, you have Aiko 5 which is for Genesis and not for Victoria 4.

You need the Aiko 4 base model, that one contains the correct morphs you need for this figure (and will also show in the list, see my previous screenshot, third from above)

I have Aiko 4, one sec, I will install it and be back.

edited December 1969

Verinince said:

btw, You can skip this step, when the morph packages are selected in the morph loader, they will all be loaded. You can check this/see this in the parameter tab.

Naamloos.jpg
    1920 x 1080 - 365K
  • DAZ_SpookyDAZ_Spooky Posts: 3,100
    edited December 1969

You say you are using Install Manager and merging the folders with your Library.

That implies that you are not having Install Manager Install your files. If that is the case, it is likely just a matter of not initializing the morphs.

In your Content Directory is a "Runtime" folder. In there is a "Libraries" Folder and in that is a "!DAZ" Folder. In the !DAZ folder should be a file named "DzCreateExPFiles.exe" run that and see if it clears up your issue.

edited April 2014

Well, after I installed A4 the body morphs ran but again, they morphed her but she still doesn't look like Susie. My character won't even pose like she's supposed to. I also initialized DzCreateExPFiles.exe. A window blinked for a second and that was all that happened.

https://www.flickr.com/photos/60108153@N05/13784746313/

edited December 1969

Based on the last screenshot, is that Aiko 4/Victoria 4? Because i'have the impression thats Genesis/ aiko 5 with a V4 pose applied?

The "blinking" windows is ok and should have initialized the morphs for V4 (sorry missed that one in the printscreen ;-) ).

Please do the following.

- Load Victoria 4 from the smart content or content library.
    - Check the Morph loader import pop-up screen, if all morph packages are visible and selected
    - V4.2 : Aiko 4 Morphs
    - V4.2 : Morphs++
    - V4.2 : Base Morphs
    - Load the Susi character morph from its poses folder

edited April 2014

Alright, I think I figured it out. Thank you everyone for your help. This really is a great community. Daz isn't my primary software and you guys make me wish I worked in it more often. Everyone here was a great help.