IE11 and checkout

TaozTaoz Posts: 9,876
edited December 1969 in The Commons

I'm having problems with checking out after upgrading to IE11 in Win 7/64 when using store credit (maybe also when checking out normally, but I've been using store credit for a while so I can't tell). When I click the "Continue" button it says "Loading next step" but nothing happens. If I open the cart again I can see that the store credit now is being subtracted (Total = 0), but it's still not possible to check out. I have to use another browser for checking out.

Anyone else having this problem?

I'm also having other strange problems with IE11, in general it looks quite buggy to me, or maybe, now that IE has finally become more or less HTML5 compatible, all the IE compatibility workarounds on the sites are backfiring. At least that's what some claim:

"IE11 is highly compatible with Web standards. It is sites that are still using Webkit- prefixes for everything instead of upgrading to standard syntax that cause the vast majority of issues."

"Yes, IE11 is the most standard compatible version of IE. It’s also the least standard compatible of current browsers. Even Amazon (a fairly conservative site) has to downgrade itself on IE thanks to a total failure to support transform-style: preserve-3d. Having said that though, after all these years of suffering through MS unilateral extensions to HTML, nothing amuses me more than watching -webkit prefixes damage the perceived compatibility of IE."

http://www.theverge.com/2014/4/8/5593584/the-most-hated-browser-in-the-world-is-finally-dead

Comments

• icprncssicprncss Posts: 3,694
    edited December 1969

After IE 11 several threads over at Rendo on IE 11 doing a number on lower versions of Poser (if you have older compiled Python scripts that the vendors won't update for whatever reason you have to keep at least P6 or 7 on your system) I have no intentions of installing. I still have one sytstem running XP. MS can keep Win 8 and IE 11. I have no use for either one.

• TaozTaoz Posts: 9,876
    edited December 1969

Thanks, I've checked out the threads at Rendo. Looks though as if SM has made IE11 fixes for the later versions of Poser which I'm using so I guess at least that won't be a problem (can't check as it's a new PC and I haven't got them installed yet).

• frank0314frank0314 Posts: 13,918
    edited December 1969

I uninstalled IE11 cause it was crashing my Poser and wouldn't even open it. No big deal to me cause I don't even use IE

• icprncssicprncss Posts: 3,694
    edited December 1969

SMS patched Poser 10 and Pro 2014. I think either the current patch also works for P9/Pro 2012 or they have patched it. Problem is, if you use P8 or lower or the first Pro version, SMS has not intentions providing a patch. I keep lower versions for beta testing and for compiled python scripts that can't be updated because they use tKinter.

• ChoholeChohole Posts: 33,604
    edited December 1969

I used the Microsoft fix to stop IE updating to IE 11, as I use an older version of Poser.

edited April 2014

I just hid the update so I don't get the message anymore that there is an update. I know there was a fix but I don't recall where its at and no ambition to go looking.

Post edited by frank0314 on
  • TaozTaoz Posts: 9,876
    edited April 2014

IE10 has a box you can uncheck to prevent automatic updating, in the About box under Help:
    --

IEnoupdate.jpg
    375 x 296 - 21K
    Post edited by Taoz on
  • Subtropic PixelSubtropic Pixel Posts: 2,378
    edited April 2014

I use Firefox on my workstation and laptop to make all purchases. And once during Christmas time I used my iPad's Safari browser to make a purchase before the 23:59 end-of-day deadline. For that last one, I used DIM on my laptop to download the items later. No problems with either.

EDIT: I should add that I almost always use PayPal to pay (if I have no gift card previously purchased at a discount), but I think one time I used a credit card. Again, never a problem.

Post edited by Subtropic Pixel on
  • Paula SandersPaula Sanders Posts: 321
    edited December 1969

I upgraded to IE 11 about a month ago and it is running very smoothly. I have Win 7 64 bit

• LeatherGryphonLeatherGryphon Posts: 11,450
    edited April 2014

I have InternetExplorer11. It's been installed for a couple months or so. I have had no trouble using it at the DAZ website and almost no trouble with it other places. However I did have a problem at first connecting to one of my banks. It wouldn't accept my login info for that bank. I had to switch to Google Chrome browser to connect to that bank for a few weeks. Then after some automatic Microsoft updates or possibly the bank making some changes to their server, I was able to get in to my bank's account with IE11. However, it still gives an error the first time I connect but then automatically restarts its link to the bank and will work the 2nd time just fine.

I'm running Win7-Pro 64-bit.

Post edited by LeatherGryphon on
    edited December 1969

It completely shut my Poser down and wouldn't let it open. I haven't installed the update from SM. I don't like to do that in the middle of a project just in case they messed something up

• ChoholeChohole Posts: 33,604
    edited December 1969

And I had the same problem as Frank. IE 11 stopped Poser from working. Microsoft issued the fix to remove IE 11 and stop IE updating to it in future before SM issued the fixes for Poser. So I removed IE 11 and ran the MS fix. Seemed logical to me. IE 11 is designed mostly for Win 8 anyway. Win 7 works perfectly well with previous iterations of IE if you have to use IE.