Question about Genesis morphs, DIM and directories

MiloMilo Posts: 511
edited April 2014 in Carrara Discussion

I am not that familiar with Genesis. I have been using the DIM system and created different directories for various figures. I have been putting all my genesis stuff in one directory (Genesis and Genesis 2) A person I am aquatinted with has made a set of Genesis morphs, so I am doing a little beta look through. If I move the files into the Genesis directory they work.

Question: Is there any way of having them in another directory and loading them instead of putting them in the DIM genesis directory? He set them up for DS and I am trying them out in Carrara. (I am still struggling what to do with 'other' content, and now other content for Genesis that isn't DIM ready).

The second is going to be a question since I was playing around. I got the V5 Bundle and it has the Genital addon, since that is a Geograph? It appears that it has to have its own shader with its own UV map.

Post edited by Milo on

Comments

• MiloMilo Posts: 511
    edited December 1969

Also can you remove something Geographed on, or do you have to basicly reload the figure.

• MiloMilo Posts: 511
    edited December 1969

Any thoughts on the 3 questions?

• DartanbeckDartanbeck Posts: 21,326
    edited December 1969

Since morphs for Genesis get installed to Genesis, not added as INJ files from the library, I'm not sure how that would work, unless you also installed Genesis to that other directory, which would probably work. You'd just want to come up with a good way of being able to update the stuff, either through DIM, or by hand.

I've heard (I think) that geograft items don't work properly in Carrara, but I'm not sure. The only geograft stuff I have are the gens, and I don't use those... so I've never tried them. But I do think that they have their own UV Maps and texture sets, looking at my textures folders.

I think that you can remove the geograft items like anything else.