Installation Problems

ArchAngel1982ArchAngel1982 Posts: 0
edited April 2014 in The Commons

Hey all, i do hate to seemly be starting threads that just relate to issues but unfortunately i seem to have come across another! (sorry!)

Ok, so, installed the Sci-Fi bedroom, opened up DAZ and try to load the set and am getting the error
Could Not Open File:SciFibedroom.duf file does not exist.
so i think ok, went to go check the product page, it says the file comes with it. Hmmm. So, i tried the Ps version and this is what i got
Could Not Open File:SciFibedroom.pp2 file does not exist
I uninstalled the files and reinstalled them but i appear to be getting the same error each time, Everything is ilnked (as per my previous thread where i was failing lol. But this one has me stumped, is the package on sale missing files?

Cheers

AA

EDIT: Ive now manually downloaded these files merging them with my content folder and its still telling me files dont exist :/ a little irked by it to say the least

Post edited by ArchAngel1982 on

Comments

• ArchAngel1982ArchAngel1982 Posts: 0
    edited December 1969

Right, so via the install manager ive taken a look at the package files, where it says these files are in the package, but when checking the installed files, the install manager just isnt installing these files! So it looks to be an install manager bug

AA

edited December 1969

In a funky new twist (heh, busily chatting away to myself lol) the files are exactly installed where they are meant to be! including the .duf's and .pp2's Sooooo, it appears that its DAZ that isnt finding them or saying that they dont exist when they do :/

AA

• thd777thd777 Posts: 933
    edited April 2014

I don't want to interrupt your little conversation, but for what it's worth...
    I download the zip file (for DS) and installed manually by merging into the My Library folder. Scene, lights and Camera load without problem.
    Not sure what the issue in your case could be. Which version of DS are you running?
    TD

Post edited by thd777 on
  • Richard HaseltineRichard Haseltine Posts: 99,423
    edited December 1969

Are you sure it's the .duf and not a .dsf that it's complaining about? Are you loading from Samrt Content or the Content Library?

edited December 1969

No no, by all means! Interupt away! Lol. Ok as an update, I managed to find the files within daz by rummaging around the content directory. But using smart content this is when its bringing up the error messages. Nope its definitely saying the duf files richard. So how comes by going through the content directory im able to find them but the smart content isnt playing ball? This is the first time ive used the smart content since my return as the older versions didnt have it and I must say I really like it. Im using the latest version thd777. :)

AA

• FirstBastionFirstBastion Posts: 7,749
    edited December 1969

As a courtesy to Stonemason, you could probably change your thread heading to something about install problems or studio problems, because you seem to have determined that its not really about the bedroom

• DekeDeke Posts: 1,623
    edited December 1969

How is the bedroom set. Worth the $19? Looks terrific and I really like the other stonemason items I've bought.

edited December 1969

As a courtesy to Stonemason, you could probably change your thread heading to something about install problems or studio problems, because you seem to have determined that its not really about the bedroom

a valid point Bastion and as a keen follower of stonemason, owning a vast majority of his pieces and using them in many of my pieces I wpuld never wish to tarnish anuthing of his and so will alter the title.

AA

• thd777thd777 Posts: 933
    edited April 2014

dkutzera said:
    How is the bedroom set. Worth the $19? Looks terrific and I really like the other stonemason items I've bought.

I think it is great. Just what I was looking for...
    (Rendered in Vue 2014 Infinite)
    TD

Patrol.jpg
    1920 x 1080 - 282K
    Post edited by thd777 on
    edited December 1969

dkutzera said:

I can assure you that even if I didnt own the set I would encourage you to get it. Never has any of stonemasons sets dissapointed me and I very much doubt they ever will. I would recommend getting the set. You eknt be dissapointed :)

AA

• JaderailJaderail Posts: 0
    edited December 1969

I just checked my install, I can load the full set properly from Smart Content from both views, File and Products. It loads from Content Library Tab in the Props> Stonemason Folder and also loads from the Content Library Products View section. Both the Smart Content and the Content Library Tab Products view use the CMS database. My content was installed by DIM and to my default Content folder. I have no clue what the possible reason could be for it to load for you in the Content Library Tab but not the other CMS based sections. It could be possible the Matadata file was not read properly on install, it also could be that your CMS database has a bit of a error in it. The database and or metadata have my vote for the cause of what you are seeing.

edited December 1969

Agreed Jaderail, ive tried a metadata reload but still getting the same issues. Its not the end of the world now that i am able to access all the scenes yumminess and the last time i started getting bold towards fixing.... well, you know what happened haha. But its all loaded in and currently rendering with what appears to be no issues atall so im a good 90% happy :) lol

AA