Welcome, Nikisatez!

BeeMKayBeeMKay Posts: 7,018
edited April 2014 in The Commons

This is for renders with the new PA's articles. :-)

First of all, a warm welcome to Nikisatez. :-)
Your clothes and hair make a nice addition to the existing portfolio, and I'm honestly looking forward to see you stretch your wings. You made a good start, in any case.

Being me, I try out the new clothes and hair I bought "across the genepool", to see how things look on other figures than the G2F they were made for.
Below, you see G2Male, Troll (G1), and G2F.

It seems that the Bustierdress throws some whacko polygones in the skirt area with both, G2M and Troll, but the overall result is still nice. :-)
The Lyar Lyar outfit and the Tempress hair work really nice on all three figures, except for the feathers of the hair piece, which get thrown out of the loop with G2M and G1. Another downer is that the hair and the costume are really at odds with each other, which is a shame, as the hair is really nice otherwise.

Threesome-Lyre-Lyre.jpg
1545 x 1236 - 341K
Threesome-Bustierdress.jpg
1545 x 1236 - 309K
Post edited by BeeMKay on

Comments

• TaozTaoz Posts: 9,879
    edited April 2014

Wonder if the texture add-ons for the old V4 Tempress hair at Rendo (no longer available it seems (the hair)) will work for the G2F version?

Post edited by Taoz on
  • BeeMKayBeeMKay Posts: 7,018
    edited April 2014

Possible. It's worth a try.

Meeting-again.jpg
    2000 x 1600 - 613K
  • barbultbarbult Posts: 23,938
    edited December 1969

The PA name is actually "Nikisatez". Note Niki, no c or y in the name.

• TaozTaoz Posts: 9,879
    edited April 2014

lee_lhs said:
    Possible. It's worth a try.

Well gave it a try, and it looks like Wolfie's Touchable Temptress textures (includes DS textures) works fine with it. It's in clearance btw, so it may disappear soon...

--

tempress_wolfie.jpg
    951 x 1034 - 264K
    Post edited by Taoz on
  • BeeMKayBeeMKay Posts: 7,018
    edited April 2014

barbult said:
    The PA name is actually "Nikisatez". Note Niki, no c or y in the name.

Fixed. :red:

On a diferent note, if you use auto-fit with G1 for the head piece, it generates problems once you start moving the head, as you can see below. The skirt problem unfortunately persists with G1 female shape.

EDIT: I have solved the head gear problem. When you autofit, fit it as "G2F" and "Hair--> short". Then, it will work perfectly fine. :-)
    Render's upcoming for that one.

G1-fixed-hairpiece.jpg
    1500 x 2000 - 642K
    Testing-on-G1.jpg
    2000 x 2000 - 608K
  • alexhcowleyalexhcowley Posts: 2,378
    edited April 2014

Welcome, indeed, to Niki. There are some very good V4 gowns in her Renderosity store. Hopefully, we'll be seeing some similar outfits for G2F/V6 at DAZ soon.

Post edited by alexhcowley on
  • scorpioscorpio Posts: 8,366
    edited December 1969

I will admit after looking through their store at Rendo I was very reluctant to purchase anything as everything over there seems to have no DS support, so I was wondered how the mats held up in DS and whether they require much work to look good.

edited December 1969

I will admit after looking through their store at Rendo I was very reluctant to purchase anything as everything over there seems to have no DS support, so I was wondered how the mats held up in DS and whether they require much work to look good.

It's been a while since I tested any of Niki's gowns in DS but I don't recall any problems. I also tend to use the V4 gowns in kit-bashing, with textures done using Marieah's Ye Olde Clothe bundle and Silkessence shaders, from the Fabricator series. These are a good way round the "will the textures work in DS" problem.

Check out Powerage's Extravaganza III gown as an example of this. The gown's mesh works fine in DS but the textures look like something out of a bad LSD trip. It's easy to replace them using Marieah's shaders. You can do the same thing with Niki's stuff, if necessary.

Cheers,

Alex.

edited December 1969

It's been a while since I tested any of Niki's gowns in DS but I don't recall any problems. I also tend to use the V4 gowns in kit-bashing, with textures done using Marieah's Ye Olde Clothe bundle and Silkessence shaders, from the Fabricator series. These are a good way round the "will the textures work in DS" problem.

Check out Powerage's Extravaganza III gown as an example of this. The gown's mesh works fine in DS but the textures look like something out of a bad LSD trip. It's easy to replace them using Marieah's shaders. You can do the same thing with Niki's stuff, if necessary.

Cheers,

Alex.

Thank you but I'm not buying something where the textures don't work in DS, I can do my own mats ands settings if necessary but I stopped supporting vendors who didn't support DS a long time ago, there are a few who are the exception.
    As the items sold here are suppose to have DS mats I was wondering if they were any good, from your post I presume they are not.

• ChoholeChohole Posts: 33,604
    edited April 2014

Cheers,

Alex.

Thank you but I'm not buying something where the textures don't work in DS, I can do my own mats ands settings if necessary but I stopped supporting vendors who didn't support DS a long time ago, there are a few who are the exception.
    As the items sold here are suppose to have DS mats I was wondering if they were any good, from your post I presume they are not.

Items sold in the DAZ 3D store that say they have DS mats will indeed have DS materials. I don't quite understand your presuming they won't.

Products from other stores say no DS mats is how I understand the post

Post edited by Chohole on
    edited December 1969

chohole said:

Cheers,

Alex.

Items sold in the DAZ 3D store that say they have DS mats will indeed have DS materials. I don't quite understand your presuming they won't.

I know they have DS mats I want to know if they are any good, some DS mats are totally useless.
    Do they use AoA shader or Ubersurface? Or are they just thrown in by someone who doesn't really know DS to get the DS share of the market
    As I stated their store at Rendo states that the majority of their products are not supported or tested in DS so I am getting the impression that they don't know DS very well, I know you only use Bryce or Poser so don't understand DS but I'm really tired of poor DS settings and venders that don't utilise DS technology - not even realising sometimes what is available.

edited December 1969

chohole said:

Cheers,

Alex.

Chohole,

You are correct, my comments apply to materials from Renderosity not the DAZ store. Most of the materials I have bought from Renderosity do work in Studio. The example I quoted, the Extravaganza III gown, is one of the few exceptions.

Cheers,

Alex

• jbaker50jbaker50 Posts: 13
    edited December 1969

I know they have DS mats I want to know if they are any good, some DS mats are totally useless.
    Do they use AoA shader or Ubersurface? Or are they just thrown in by someone who doesn't really know DS to get the DS share of the market
    As I stated their store at Rendo states that the majority of their products are not supported or tested in DS so I am getting the impression that they don't know DS very well, I know you only use Bryce or Poser so don't understand DS but I'm really tired of poor DS settings and venders that don't utilise DS technology - not even realising sometimes what is available.

I have bought both the Bustier dress and the evening gown one from Rendo and both worked fine for me in DAZ. I've even used a texture set for the Bustier dress with no issues. I haven't tried the V6 version yet and will have to try one of the V4 texture sets with it, although I'd imagine it will work.

Honestly, given my relative newbness at this, I haven't had many issues with anything I've bought from any site so far. I can count on one hand the number of things that just flat out caused issues and all but one has been worked around with resurfacing them with DAZ sets, something I'm getting better at doing (thank you March Madness for the many surface shaders you had on sale). Of course, there is the great likelihood that I'm not at the level where I would really notice the differences.

• NikisatezNikisatez Posts: 88
    edited December 1969

Hi All

Thanks for the Warm Welcome. It's very much appreciated.