DAZ Studio Tutorials

DAZ_bfurnerDAZ_bfurner Posts: 62
edited April 2012 in Daz Studio Discussion

Here is a link to the DAZ Studio 4 tutorials found in the DAZ 3D Document Center. This link will go directly to the video tutorial section: DAZ STUDIO 4 VIDEO TUTORIALS

DAZ 3D Forum Tutorials provided from the Community of DAZ 3D great people: DAZ Forum Tutorials

Post edited by DAZ_bfurner on

Comments

• xiao yexiao ye Posts: 4
    edited December 1969

hi ,
    thanks the tutorials,but why i can't look at the videos?
    bucause i'm from china
    so could you help me ,send me some tutorials by the other ways?
    thank you

• wancowwancow Posts: 2,708
    edited December 1969

I don't know that this qualifies as a tutorial, but here's a discussion on SSS and Skin Materials in DS4.5 in which we all learned one whole heck of a lot
    http://www.daz3d.com/forums/discussion/12943/

• ReDaveReDave Posts: 815
    edited December 1969

@xiao ye: can you make a list of video sites that are not blocked in China? Is Vimeo blocked too? Or is it done on a case by case basis? Hopefully DAZ will realise the chinese market is interesting for them to invest (dare I say it, perhaps even in translations?).

edited December 1969

hi ,thanks your reply. i don't look at the yourtube videos in china.so i hope everyone when purchased the DAZ3D softwere can download the tutorials at one psition.
    but now i can't get any videos to learn how to use the softwere. in china ,have lots people use the CINEMA4D,3DMAX,MAYA etc softwere,but almost no one use the DAZ3D.
    so the tutorials is key,and i know the DAZ3D is the better softwere.
    so can you do something to help DAZ3D AND CHINESE.
    THANKS

• ReDaveReDave Posts: 815
    edited December 1969

@DAZ: list of video sites visible in China, http://www.danwei.org/internet/updated_china_video_website_li.php, I imagine videos at least subbed in (mandarin) chinese would be best.

edited December 1969

Hi Sir,
    sorry,i can't look at the video sites,i don't know the reason.can you download the tutorials and upload one online space and send me again
    thanks

edited December 1969

Seliah has just sent you a Private Message titled ‘Daz Studio Video
    Tutorials’.

Hi Seliah
    i get your private message yesterday ,but i don't find where the daz3d inbox,so reply you at here.
    i can't spoken english like writen it as well,but i can read english well
    so please help me as your said.
    where are you?do you have skype or email?
    my email :[email protected]
    thank you verymuch.

• ChoholeChohole Posts: 33,604
    edited December 2012

xiao ye said:

but i don't find where the daz3d inbox,so reply you at here.

PM_box.jpg
    386 x 376 - 65K
    Post edited by Chohole on
  • crafty66067crafty66067 Posts: 44
    edited December 1969

Can anyone tell me how I can get my parameters tab to move back down, my grand daughter came in here while i was doing something in the other room and when I came in she had it pulled clear off the top of screen and I can not get to the top of it to pull it back down. I have restarted Daz and i have reset preferencest and still can not get it down. There is nothing to grab on to so I can pull it down.

• fixmypcmikefixmypcmike Posts: 19,565
    edited December 1969

Can anyone tell me how I can get my parameters tab to move back down, my grand daughter came in here while i was doing something in the other room and when I came in she had it pulled clear off the top of screen and I can not get to the top of it to pull it back down. I have restarted Daz and i have reset preferencest and still can not get it down. There is nothing to grab on to so I can pull it down.

Switch to a different Layout and then switch back.

edited December 1969

thank you so much that worked, I will have to remember that!
    Pat

edited December 1969

Converting ANY Victoria 4 Long Dress to Genesis:
    http://www.daz3d.com/forums/discussion/16879/

edited December 1969

I have tried that makes no difference , thanks so much!
    Pat

edited February 2013

I just converted Jyou44's dress 4, 5 and 6 using this method. This is with DS4.5.1.56

Post edited by wancow on
    edited December 1969

3Delight Stand Alone Render Engine: how to use with DAZ Studio
    http://www.daz3d.com/forums/discussion/17016/

• Richard HaseltineRichard Haseltine Posts: 96,731
    edited July 2015

Modifying an auto-generated morph - not the way to change the morph, but the steps for exporting the auto morph and loading a modified morph in its place.
    http://www.daz3d.com/forums/discussion/17277/

Modifying the V4 Historical Armor after auto-fitting to Genesis, using the leg plates as an example
    http://www.daz3d.com/forums/discussion/10204/

Turning Smart props into a conforming figure
    http://www.daz3d.com/forums/discussion/18760/

Extracting a morph and displacement maps from a ZBrush sculpt via GoZ
    http://www.daz3d.com/forums/discussion/23430/

Overview of using ExP Exporter to create a distributable fourth generation morph
    http://www.daz3d.com/forums/discussion/51646/#751891

Post edited by Richard Haseltine on
  • JonnyRayJonnyRay Posts: 1,744
    edited December 2013

I've recently started resurrecting some of my old tutorials / lessons on the basics of surfaces and lighting. They aren't so much about DAZ Studio directly as they are about how rendering engines work. However they do use DAZ Studio and DS settings in their examples. I'm posting them in my blog as I've lost them (twice) on other forums when the forum hosts (including DAZ) decided to upgrade and lost the content.

The first one ( Displaced Bumps ) talks about the difference between bump maps and displacement maps. I followed it with ( Is This Normal? ) a brief post about normal maps as well.

Post edited by JonnyRay on
    edited December 1969

I got my 3 Light Tutorial updated and posted to my blog as well. It goes over a simple lighting setup for portrait style renders.

edited December 1969

Part 1 of a 3 part tutorial on how surfaces and light interact in 3D rendering is posted to my blog.

3D Surfaces and Light (Part 1)

edited December 1969

Part 2 of 3 is now posted on my blog
    3D Surfaces and Light (Part 2) - Basic surface shader

edited December 1969

Part 3 (of 4 now) of my discussion of surfaces in 3D graphics is posted
    3D Surfaces and Light (Part 3) - colors and texture maps

• Mage 13X13Mage 13X13 Posts: 433
    edited February 2014

I have done a quick tutorial dealing with the problem of specularity, glossiness, and reflectivity of the Genesis 1 eyes when a default adult texture is used on the figure. When I was using the figure, I found that the only texture set among those that are included in the Genesis Starter Essentials that has these things working was the Kids 4 one. The resulting renders using the default adult texture sets for Genesis have eyes that look dead! So I explored the problem and sought a solution that would allow me to get them to look alive. I created a thread for the tutorial. At this time is is all text, but it is step by step instructions which should be easy to follow, and information has been included concerning what is needed for the method to work. Please note that this tutorial is for DAZ Studio 4.5+. Earlier versions of DS4 may have differences.

I am posting a link to that thread here so users can find it:
    http://www.daz3d.com/forums/discussion/36542/

Post edited by Mage 13X13 on
    edited December 1969

I finally finished the Examples part of my tutorial series on 3D surfaces.

3D Surfaces and Light (Examples)

• EndiEndi Posts: 35
    edited December 1969

here turkish daz: https://www.facebook.com/pages/3D-Türkiye/553254504708180

today uploadad: smart content creation

edited December 1969

I have created my first fully articulated prop! I used Wings 3D for the modeling, UV mapping, and material zoning. I used DAZ Studio's Joint Editor to set the pivot points (origins) and end points of the movable parts of the model. I used the Parameters tab to set the limits for rotation and translation. I then parented each of the movable parts to the base. Test show that it is working exactly the way I want.

So here is my request:
    I need to find a good tutorial that tells how to save these types of models in Poser and DAZ Studio formats, using DAZ Studio. I do not have the funds to pay for a tutorial, so it will have to be a freebie. I have already found one for Poser, but I do not have Poser at this time, though I am working toward getting it in the near future. I am currently using the latest version of DAZ Studio 4.6.

Thank you &
    Stay Awesome!

• king.bidzinskiking.bidzinski Posts: 66
    edited December 1969

Can you use jpeg's in daz? if so how would one get them into daz? how is a file created from an image ? or can you create your own characters from a jpeg?

• VhardamisVhardamis Posts: 576
    edited December 1969

Can you use jpeg's in daz? if so how would one get them into daz? how is a file created from an image ? or can you create your own characters from a jpeg?

I thought you could under environments? Now i can't find it/

• king.bidzinskiking.bidzinski Posts: 66
    edited December 1969

I will try under environments but do not know where to look either as I am new to the software but thanks for the reply

edited December 1969

If you wish to use a jpeg image for a backdrop, you will need to find and open the Environments pane. At the top of the pane you should see:
    Active Type] None
    Click on None, and you get two options; None and Backdrop. Click on the second one to activate a parameters type panel. At the top is a Parameter named Background with a color picker bar to the right, and a thumbnail image box to the left. Click the thumbnail image box to activate a navigation window that you can use to find the image you wish to use. Navigate to your image, which can be .bmp, .png, .jpg, etc. Click the image to load it. It will appear in the current shape of your Render Aspect Ratio in the Work Space Window.
    Alternatively, you can create a 2D Primitive Plane, Rotate it to face your camera or view. Scale it to fit your desired image, go to the Surfaces Editor, and in the Diffuse Channel use the Thumbnail box to find the image you want and load it onto the plane as a texture. The advantage of this method is that it can be used to give reflective surfaces something to reflect. You can also save the image and plane as a Scene Subset for later use.

Hope this helps.

• JonnyRay said:

I finally finished the Examples part of my tutorial series on 3D surfaces.

3D Surfaces and Light (Examples)

Thanks! Excellent tutorials :) I was confused about 'glossiness'. Thanks for the help!