From one photo...

RoygeeRoygee Posts: 2,247
edited December 1969 in Carrara Discussion

Hi all :-)

This being a wet and cold Saturday morning, tried a little experiment.

Took this photo of sunset from outside my home, used a greyscale copy to generate the terrain, then used the original in the background, as backdrop and to texture the terrain and plane for the river.

So everything in the image is from one photo;-)

canyonfin.jpg
800 x 600 - 55K

Comments

• evilproducerevilproducer Posts: 9,040
    edited December 1969

Pretty cool. I love digital technology for this very reason.

• Joe CotterJoe Cotter Posts: 3,259
    edited December 1969

v'n Roygee, I started a thread called "Art that inspires Art" but seeing this I realize maybe I should have called it "What inspires us." :)

• RoygeeRoygee Posts: 2,247
    edited December 1969

Yep, Carrara is so easy to play around in - next trick is to turn the histogram into music...

• GarstorGarstor Posts: 1,411
    edited December 1969

Roygee said:
    Took this photo of sunset from outside my home...

That's from outside your home?!?! I am jealous of where you live! Texas sure doesn't look like that!

• RoygeeRoygee Posts: 2,247
    edited December 1969

Hi Gastor

Yes, I'm fortunate to live in one the world's great beauty spots, Cape Town, South Africa - a photographer's dream. From what I've seen in the movies, Texas has it's own brand of wide open, desolate beauty - much like our Karoo.

• GarstorGarstor Posts: 1,411
    edited December 1969

Roygee said:
    Hi Gastor

Yes, I'm fortunate to live in one the world's great beauty spots, Cape Town, South Africa - a photographer's dream. From what I've seen in the movies, Texas has it's own brand of wide open, desolate beauty - much like our Karoo.

Nice! One of my former Microsoft bosses was from Cape Town and I have a friend from Port Elizabeth. Plenty of family members of mine have visited Africa -- alas, I am not (yet) one of them.

I've only been in Texas a little over 5 years. West Texas has the desert desolation. I live near Dallas and that is suitably urban for my tastes! :-)