Difficulty getting my stuff improted into where it should go

Much of what I bought was in the classic mac stuff from some time ago. I have tried to download it again with the importer, but it seems to end up in some shared folder and not within the poser content folders. As a result, I can use it in Poser. 

You may suggest I use DAZ studio, but I would like to get my stuff into Poser before adding the DAZ Studio. Any suggestions on how to get my stuff down loaded would be appreciated.

Also, will the importer also put your bryce stuff where it belongs?

Thanks

Comments

• You need to set the paths to which you wish to install - in this case, the application path for Bryce and the location of the Runtiem folder (e.g. Poser X Content) that you wish to use. In Install manager click the gear icon at top-right and select Advanced Settings. In the Applications tab, if you didn't install Bryce through DIM, click the + to add a new application, enter its details, and click the ... button to select the folder with the .app file. In the Instalaltion tab either right-click (control click) on the current path and select the Edit option or just add a new path, select the folder that contains the Runtiem folder using the ... button, and when done make sure that is the active instalaltion destination. You can then select all the items that went to the Public docuemnts folder in the Installed tab of the main window, right-click, and select the option to Re-install Packages, which should place them correctly for Poser.

• Thank-you. I will give it a try.

• KeryaKerya Posts: 10,943
    edited April 2020

Personally I am downloading the zips through DIM, but don't use it to install. That is because I have a lot of Runtimes (for different figures and things). I am unzipping and move the Runtime inside that unzipped folder to the relevant runtime. Sometimes after renaming folders inside the runtime (not folders inside Geometries or Textures!) ... but that is just me.

Post edited by Kerya on