Importing FBX Issues

Hey folks,

I'm trying to import an animation I made in Maya, into Poser. I don't need the rig working, the animation on the character is final, I'm just looking to bring it into Poser to do a very specific style of render on it. I've tried exporting from Maya as an FBX but have had trouble doing this without the rig, whilst keeping the animation. WHen I try to import into Poser, it crashes at the "Importing nodes" section. I'm assuming this is the rig attached to the character causing these issues as this character isn't specifically rigged for Poser, I only want the geo. Does anyone know anything about this that could help? It would be really really appreciated!

Many thanks

Nathan

Comments

• WendyLuvsCatzWendyLuvsCatz Posts: 37,795

well if it is animated you would need the rig,

I don't have Maya but my iClone animated FBX imports import with rigging and animation, the body parts as well as clothing acting as conformed figures

you can save them as cr2 characters and the animation take chosen on import as a pp2 pose

I imagine Maya would export something similar as FBX

• well if it is animated you would need the rig,

I don't have Maya but my iClone animated FBX imports import with rigging and animation, the body parts as well as clothing acting as conformed figures

you can save them as cr2 characters and the animation take chosen on import as a pp2 pose

I imagine Maya would export something similar as FBX

Thanks for this! The rig wouldn't be compatible with Poser, unless I did some major changes to it, which would then affect the animators who're already working on it in Maya