Octanerender 2020.1 released with the Carrara plugin

Just a headsup that the latest Octanerender 2020.1 is out and Sighman continues to support Carrara with his plugin. It is now possible to rent OR and all plugins for 20$/€ per month for a single month. There are free plugins for DS, Blender, UE, Unity. http://www.cgchannel.com/2020/04/otoy-ships-octanerender-2020-1/ https://render.otoy.com/forum/viewforum.php?f=79

Comments

• WendyLuvsCatzWendyLuvsCatz Posts: 38,037
    edited April 2020

glad he is still supporting it but I cannot afford to give Otoy any munnies

I cannot afford a RTX card either or even more badly needed RAM on my crappy rig blush

OR4C works still and I am using it yes

pushes my machine to it's limits

hope others can heart

Post edited by WendyLuvsCatz on
  • 3drendero3drendero Posts: 2,024
    One reason for renting and not buying, is the next beta version already out, Octane X. It seems to be a huge update with support for non nvidia cards and probably the next gen raytracing cards.
  • Does the new Octane costs money to upgrade? Or is it free like from O3 to O4?
    Just wondering as it's never really clear to find on the Otoy site.

• WendyLuvsCatzWendyLuvsCatz Posts: 38,037
    edited September 2020

it costs but as you said prices are not clear on site

it may actually vary by user at their discretion for all I know

I think I am stopping at 4, after this any spare hobby money I have needs to go into hardware instead 

the Embergen particle thing looks awesome and the subscription is actually reasonable when you look what that costs to subscribe to on its own 

so for a short term usage making some awesome video production once one has the hardware it could be worth it

Post edited by WendyLuvsCatz on
  • I can't even use O4 right now as i only have 2x GTX560ti and one of them is broken, so render tooks a bit longer but i am thinking about upgrading my cards but not sure yet if it's worth to take a look on a RTX card or if i should still use a GTX card as i think i will stick to O4 if the higher versions cost's money or needs a subscription.

• well then your card definitely won't be supported with the newer versions either

so like me, save your cash

I feel all the GPU based renderers free as well as paid are moving beyond my hardware budget

especially the free DAZ studio iray

it all seems aimed at selling graphics cards

• TugpsxTugpsx Posts: 737
    edited September 2020

Here is the settings for rendering animation with "Pathtracing" using GTX660Ti.

I'm getting 5sec per frame.

OctaneAnimSetting.JPG
    660 x 549 - 62K
    Post edited by Tugpsx on