Bargain Bundle - Inside the Assylum

barbultbarbult Posts: 23,935
edited April 2014 in The Commons

I just stumbled across this in the store. Where did this bundle come from? Did you ever see it as a new release? Maybe I just missed it. Too bad I already bought all these items.
Inside the Assylum

Wait -- Here's another bargain. Day at the Beach

And even more -- Slaying the Dragon

Post edited by barbult on

Comments

• atticanneatticanne Posts: 3,009
    edited December 1969

Maybe it's something new that's coming out. I've never heard anything about any of them AFAIK.

• icprncssicprncss Posts: 3,694
    edited December 1969

The page for the last one doesn't even look like it's been finished. The volleyball set and daggers are freebies from the old days when they were free to all members for a week and then went to regular price. The dragon tower is a PC freebie that became a value item.

As far as I can tell, these are new bundles.

• WendyLuvsCatzWendyLuvsCatz Posts: 38,054
    edited December 1969

looks aimed at new users with a lesson
    prob a new training series for newbs
    we need to get them addicted!

• Charlie JudgeCharlie Judge Posts: 12,642
    edited April 2014

One more and this one is free:
    http://www.daz3d.com/sci-fi-warrior-bundle

They appear to be low cost bundles to supply the products required for "Interactive Lessons" as part of DAZ Studio; but I can't find the 'interactive lessons' in DAZ Studio. Maybe a new feature coming out???

Post edited by Charlie Judge on
  • NovicaNovica Posts: 23,874
    edited December 1969

As Charlie said, they have to do with lessons (I hit View Source for the page.) This is what the webmaster typed in

"Create an intense horror scene with the Inside the Asylum Bundle. This bundle contains all the products and presets necessary to utilize our Inside the Asylum Interactive Lesson

DAZ Studio Interactive Lessons are a powerful resource for anyo"

But what the heck is anyo? (and yes, it was the end of the sentence.)

And only $2.00!

edited April 2014

Novica said:
    As Charlie said, they have to do with lessons (I hit View Source for the page.) This is what the webmaster typed in

"Create an intense horror scene with the Inside the Asylum Bundle. This bundle contains all the products and presets necessary to utilize our Inside the Asylum Interactive Lesson

DAZ Studio Interactive Lessons are a powerful resource for anyo"

But what the heck is anyo? (and yes, it was the end of the sentence.)

And only $2.00!

Looks like the second paragraph in your description got cut short and 'anyo' should be 'anyone'.. Second paragraph of the product description reads:
    DAZ Studio Interactive Lessons are a powerful resource for anyone new to 3D or DAZ Studio. Learn to build basic scenes that will teach you all the essential functionality of DAZ Studio from start to finish.

• jakibluejakiblue Posts: 7,281
    edited December 1969

how on earth did you find those?? and are there any more? *grin*

• namffuaknamffuak Posts: 4,126
    edited December 1969

Looks like they're getting still closer to the "Make Art" button. And I gotta admit, as an old Unix command-line type, any one of these interactive lessons would have dropped about 3 months off the front of the learning curve when I was starting out . . .

• barbultbarbult Posts: 23,935
    edited December 1969

I did a store search for "interactive", and these popped up out of the blue.

edited December 1969

i like to study the light setup in those "tutorials"

• SixDsSixDs Posts: 2,384
    edited December 1969

Someone must have been doing some testing. The links all give me a 404 error now. Either that or my browser is being a knucklehead again.

edited December 1969

if you do what barbult did, search for "interactive" in the store, they are still listed.....clicking on teh product page returns a 404 but for some reason clicking on add to cart on the SEARCH page, adds it to the cart. Weird.

• LindseyLindsey Posts: 1,985
    edited December 1969

One more and this one is free:
    http://www.daz3d.com/sci-fi-warrior-bundle

They appear to be low cost bundles to supply the products required for "Interactive Lessons" as part of DAZ Studio; but I can't find the 'interactive lessons' in DAZ Studio. Maybe a new feature coming out???

Was able to cart and check-out the Sci-fi Warrior interactive lesson before it was taken down. Worked flawlessly just like the Barefoot Dancer and Dagger Dancer interactive lessons that came with DS4.6. Considering what the viewport looked like, I was pleasantly surprised with the final render.

2_Sci-Fi_Warrior_Lesson.jpg
    700 x 910 - 370K
    1_Sci-Fi_Warrior_Viewport.jpg
    805 x 934 - 84K
  • JaderailJaderail Posts: 0
    edited December 1969

These appear to be the Promised Lessons for the new tutorial thing. I say they are getting them ready to go live with a newsletter soonish. Or that would be my guess. I was wondering when that interactive thing in the last couple of Updates would get more stuff. Now we know.

• scorpioscorpio Posts: 8,366
    edited December 1969

I was just able to check out with the free scifi bundle so they are still active.
    I might buy the Asylum one for the Newport outfit I think I bought it less than 30 days ago, just need to check.

• RonSRonS Posts: 299
    edited December 1969

Looks like they may be part of the "Ready to Render" sets. I've used one of the early products and fount it really well done, albeit a bit simplistic.

• barbultbarbult Posts: 23,935
    edited April 2014

Maybe they were an Easter Egg for Easter. :lol:
    I guess they are gone now. I thought they were something old that I missed, since they weren't in new releases. Maybe we'll get them later.

Post edited by barbult on
    edited April 2014

barbult said:
    Maybe they were an Easter Egg for Easter. :lol:
    I guess they are gone now. I thought they were something old that I missed, since they weren't in new releases. Maybe we'll get them later.

Well, Not totally gone yet. They don't show up in a search anymore; BUT click on the links in your first page and the product page is back. You can use the big green 'Add to Cart' button there to still add them to your cart.

Charlie

• DZ_jaredDZ_jared Posts: 1,316
    edited December 1969

The should be back up. There was some confusion as to whether or not they were supposed to be live, but they are.

The bundles include an Interactive Lesson, presets, and all the content needed to complete the lesson.

Obviously these lessons are geared towards new users. Rather than clutter the new release page with stuff that has essentially already been released we decided to sort of make these a silent release and then drive traffic with an email campaign to new users.

The bundles are there for everyone, though, so if you'd like to check them out feel free. I think the most expensive one is $5.00, so even if you own most of the content in the bundle, it may still be worth it to get it.

If you are using a MAC make sure you download and install the Interactive Lesson Resources for DAZ Studio package. The interactive lessons will still run without this package, but MAC users will have a much better experience with this package installed.

Windows users won't need this package, in fact, I don't think you'll even see it in DIM.

• Miss BMiss B Posts: 3,071
    edited December 1969

barbult said:
    I did a store search for "interactive", and these popped up out of the blue.

Well I just searched "interactive", and got none of these to show up. In fact, the 15 or so items that did show up didn't seem interactive at all to me. ~shrugs~
    edited December 1969

Go into the "Tutorial" category and you'll find them.

• TJohnTJohn Posts: 11,072
    edited December 1969

DAZ_jared said:
    Go into the "Tutorial" category and you'll find them.

Thanks, Jared!
  • MarcCCTxMarcCCTx Posts: 912
    edited April 2014

Dumb question but, can you move or hide the text window on the interactive tutorials? For instance, the Dragon Slayer one says see the pokethru, but you can't because the tutorial window is in the way.

BTW, the tutorials are beautiful, but actually could use even more explanation of what you're doing/why you're doing it.

edit: grammar

Post edited by MarcCCTx on
    edited December 1969

MarcCCTx said:
    Dumb question but, can you move or hide the text window on the interactive tutorials? For instance, the Dragon Slayer one says see the pokethru, but you can't because the tutorial window is in the way.

BTW, the tutorials are beautiful, but actually could use even more explanation of what you're doing/why you're doing it.

edit: grammar

In DAZ Studio 4.6.2 the text box is essentially static. We are taking steps in 4.6.3 to improve the user experience for Interactive Lessons. One of the things we are looking at improving is viewport visibility for the end user. So that when you are doing something during the lesson you can see the changes you are making in the viewport.

• patience55patience55 Posts: 7,006
    edited December 1969

tip-toeing in here ... okay, as I'm back a version of D/S and I suspect that the tutorial gears are for the most recent one ... I just load the scene and hit render to see what happens. The man screaming one ... okay, I give. Why is there a missing texture which is allegedly stored in a roaming folder where it would have no business to be? He loads with a shirt, the shirt on its own works just fine, but i am curious as to what is this missing .tif file allegedly to be found in a roaming folder.

I added a front light so one could see the normal shirt loaded just fine.

btw - all those base poses for G2M do not pose it all as expected. Again that collection is back one so maybe that's been addressed?

test_render_5.jpg
    1000 x 1300 - 1M
  • fixmypcmikefixmypcmike Posts: 19,582
    edited December 1969

That would be one of the .tif files that TDLmake creates which 3Delight uses.

edited December 1969

That would be one of the .tif files that TDLmake creates which 3Delight uses.

Oh I know they are made, just that one doesn't normally apply them as a texture image on the Surface dial to redistribute said as such for a scene file. After all, where my computer's storage file is located would be different that yours. We normally put such texture images in a texture folder under Runtime ;-)

• LindseyLindsey Posts: 1,985
    edited May 2014

tip-toeing in here ... okay, as I'm back a version of D/S and I suspect that the tutorial gears are for the most recent one ... I just load the scene and hit render to see what happens. The man screaming one ... okay, I give. Why is there a missing texture which is allegedly stored in a roaming folder where it would have no business to be? He loads with a shirt, the shirt on its own works just fine, but i am curious as to what is this missing .tif file allegedly to be found in a roaming folder.

btw - all those base poses for G2M do not pose it all as expected. Again that collection is back one so maybe that's been addressed?

The problem is the custom transmap file for the rips and tears loading into the Newport_Shirt. You can manually fix the problem by replacing the texture in the Opacity Strength channel on the Shirt and Sleeves material zones with ...Runtime\Textures\DAZ\DAZ Studio Tutorials\Inside The Asylum\Inside the Assylum Newport Shirt Opacity.png.

I'll submit a problem report.

Edit: Request #167045 submitted 4/23/2014

Edit 5/5/2014 = Entered into Bug Tracker 4/24/2014 per Christina.

Inside_the_Asylum.jpg
    500 x 650 - 164K
    Post edited by Lindsey on
    edited December 1969

Lindsey said:

The problem is the custom transmap file for the rips and tears loading into the Newport_Shirt. You can manually fix the problem by replacing the texture in the Opacity Strength channel on the Shirt and Sleeves material zones with ...Runtime\Textures\DAZ\DAZ Studio Tutorials\Inside The Asylum\Inside the Assylum Newport Shirt Opacity.png.

I'll submit a problem report.

Edit: Request #167045 submitted 4/23/2014

Bless you :-)

• SlimerJSpudSlimerJSpud Posts: 1,453
    edited December 1969

Jumping Jehosephat! I just got $214 worth of bundles for $3!!!??? Glad I stumble in here once in a while. :lol: Given that I haven't installed DS 4.6 yet, some of this WILL be new to me.