Heavenly Hair 6 - some questions

XoechZXoechZ Posts: 1,102
edited December 1969 in The Commons

Hello!

I have bought this product: http://www.daz3d.com/heavenly-hair-6

I think it is very cool to create own hairstyles in Photoshop, however there are some questions

1. The psd layers are cool, looking like real hair. But the brushes seem to be useless, because they are "flat", having just one solid color. Is there a trick to use the brushes in the same way as the layers? To give them depth and make them look like real hair?

2. Since all the layers are black and white, what is the best way to color the hair if you want it to be red or blonde or brown?

3. The product is named Heavenly Hair 6, and the description says that it is "a new set of Heavenly Hair". So, where is part 1 to 5? Are they available somewhere else?

Thanks in advance for your help!

Comments

• Richard HaseltineRichard Haseltine Posts: 97,448
    edited December 1969

To recolour to variants of a single tint you can use Image>Adjustments>Hue/Colour and check the Colourise box.

One way of getting colour variation in the stroke is to set the colours you want as foreground and background, then in the Brush pane go to Colour Dynamics and set the Foreground/Background jitter to a positive value, with a suitable control option.

• XoechZXoechZ Posts: 1,102
    edited December 1969

To recolour to variants of a single tint you can use Image>Adjustments>Hue/Colour and check the Colourise box.

One way of getting colour variation in the stroke is to set the colours you want as foreground and background, then in the Brush pane go to Colour Dynamics and set the Foreground/Background jitter to a positive value, with a suitable control option.

Thanks for that. I will try it this way.

Any other tips or suggestions to get the most out of this product? I hope I am not the only one using it :-)

• XoechZXoechZ Posts: 1,102
    edited December 1969

Ok, this is a first try. Not too bad for it, but it needs a bit of practise to get it right.

And it is much fun to do! :-)

1.jpg
    800 x 1000 - 179K