More African Savanna Products from Alessandro Mastronardi

Epic82Epic82 Posts: 126
edited April 2020 in Product Suggestions

I was excited to see Alessandro Mastronardi’s Gnu for DAZ Horse 2 and Felidae products. These products are great for the tribal renders I want to make. But I would also like to see a few other African animals as 3D models. It would be great to see a new African elephant, a new giraffe, a new zebra (like I’ve requested here), a new hyena, a new crocodile, a new rhinoceros, and some type of antelope as well. I would also like to see a new African savanna/Serengeti environment. The only African savanna set Daz has is Serengeti, which is now quite old. I’ve singled out Alessandro Mastronardi, since he makes such great nature products. But I wouldn’t mind any vendor here creating these products. Would anyone else like to see these products?

Post edited by Epic82 on

Comments

• GordigGordig Posts: 9,885

See this thread about AcharyaPolina’s upcoming African Savannah project. It has everything you could want besides the creatures with which to populate it. As far as animals, I’d like the same thing, and hopefully more of those will utilize existing bases like the gnu did. 

• Epic82Epic82 Posts: 126
    Gordig said:

See this thread about AcharyaPolina’s upcoming African Savannah project. It has everything you could want besides the creatures with which to populate it. As far as animals, I’d like the same thing, and hopefully more of those will utilize existing bases like the gnu did. 

Thank you for your comment and the link, Gordig! 

• FSMCDesignsFSMCDesigns Posts: 12,721

yeah, would like these also. I have been waiting forever for a new African elephant I had hoped one would come out after the indian elephant was released, but it's been foreever and no sign of one, I guess it didn't do well financially since that is the main motivation for the creation of most products at DAZ.

Gordig said:

If a PA did an antelope pack that morphed into several breeds, I bet that might do well

• GordigGordig Posts: 9,885

yeah, would like these also. I have been waiting forever for a new African elephant I had hoped one would come out after the indian elephant was released, but it's been foreever and no sign of one, I guess it didn't do well financially since that is the main motivation for the creation of most products at DAZ.

Gordig said:

If a PA did an antelope pack that morphed into several breeds, I bet that might do well

You mean a stand-alone antelope, or as morphs for DH2? I’d definitely be into the latter. As for elephants, I wonder if a pachyderm base would be at all feasible, for morphing into various elephants, rhinos, hippos, etc. 

• FSMCDesignsFSMCDesigns Posts: 12,721
    Gordig said:

Gordig said:

You mean a stand-alone antelope, or as morphs for DH2? I’d definitely be into the latter. As for elephants, I wonder if a pachyderm base would be at all feasible, for morphing into various elephants, rhinos, hippos, etc. 

for the antelopes, I would be cool with either method. there is an old pack that uses the DAZ buck and turns it into quite a few breeds. Don't know how well it did back in the day, but it's on the wishlists and never goes on sale.

For the elephant, I would rather have a specific model than a base that morphs. This model looks fantastic and I would love if it was imported and rigged to work in DS https://www.turbosquid.com/3d-models/elephant-rigged-max/1040490