http://www.daz3d.com/toon/kamiko-for-genesis
But there says:
Required Products:

Hitomi 3D Anime Girl for Genesis
Genesis Evolution: Body Morphs
V4 and M4 Shapes for Genesis
Genesis Evolution: Head Morphs
I ask:
for me to have this little girl in the picture I really have to buy all the required items?

kami.jpg
953 x 810 - 125K

Comments

• DZ_jaredDZ_jared Posts: 1,316
    edited December 1969

Yes, because that character references morphs from all of those packs.

If you choose not to purchase one or more of the required files the product will still install. However, when you go to load the character you will get missing file errors. Studio will dial whatever morphs the character uses to their proper value if they exist, and throw missing file errors for the ones that don't exist. Essentially what you will end up with is an incomplete character.

• jorge dorlandojorge dorlando Posts: 1,156
    edited December 1969

DAZ_jared said:

If you choose not to purchase one or more of the required files the product will still install. However, when you go to load the character you will get missing file errors. Studio will dial whatever morphs the character uses to their proper value if they exist, and throw missing file errors for the ones that don't exist. Essentially what you will end up with is an incomplete character.

That's what I feared ...
    Studio ... Well, I intend to use this in poser
    thanks for the explanation, I'll put it all there in my cart and wait a few days,
    1 - the value of the package, I have relief from some other shop here;
    2 - may be that this takes some promotion / discount on some certain days?
  • DZ_jaredDZ_jared Posts: 1,316
    edited December 1969

DAZ_jared said:

That's what I feared ...
    thanks for the explanation, I'll put it all there in my cart and wait a few days,

Same thing will happen with Poser and the DSON Importer. It isn't an issue with Studio, it's just the way the product was designed. It relies on files in the required products. Without those files it won't work right.

One silver lining is that if you do purchase all of those products you can use them for other things. There are a lot of good morphs in the Genesis Evolution: Head Morphs and the Genesis Evolution: Body morphs. Most of those required products are also required products for other characters, so it's not like you'd be wasting your money.

• jorge dorlandojorge dorlando Posts: 1,156
    edited December 1969

DAZ_jared said:
    DAZ_jared said:

That's what I feared ...

Same thing will happen with Poser and the DSON Importer. It isn't an issue with Studio, it's just the way the product was designed. It relies on files in the required products. Without those files it won't work right.

One silver lining is that if you do purchase all of those products you can use them for other things. There are a lot of good morphs in the Genesis Evolution: Head Morphs and the Genesis Evolution: Body morphs. Most of those required products are also required products for other characters, so it's not like you'd be wasting your money.
    You're right.
    thank you very much