New set of Painter‘s Lights akin J.Cade‘s ... ?

tsroemitsroemi Posts: 2,690
edited May 2020 in Product Suggestions

Dear PAs,

I‘ve seen many discussions concerning the Painter‘s Lights by J.Cade that are sadly not available anymore, latest thread started by myself here https://www.daz3d.com/forums/discussion/403966/alternative-to-j-cade-s-painter-s-lights#latest. These seem to have been such gorgeous and easy to use lights with such a unique, well, painterly quality to them. Someone suggested that knowledgeable people might try and set up something similar using photography techniques on Rembrandt like lighting, so I‘d like to pass on that suggestion. Maybe somebody would like to give it a try?

Cheers and thanks for reading!

Post edited by tsroemi on

Comments

• QuixotryQuixotry Posts: 911

I've been working on a set of "painterly" lights on and off for about a year, but am not yet satisfied with them enough that I think they're ready for the store. I'm learning a lot as I go, though, so it's been fun. Someday they may be finished. Lights aren't my speciality, so it's been a challenge for me. Getting a lot of advice from my father, who is a classical portrait artist and likes to copy the style of the old masters. :) The Painter's Lights set has been my favorite forever, so it feels like it sets a very high standard for similarly-imagined projects.

• tsroemitsroemi Posts: 2,690
    Quixotry said:

I've been working on a set of "painterly" lights on and off for about a year, but am not yet satisfied with them enough that I think they're ready for the store. I'm learning a lot as I go, though, so it's been fun. Someday they may be finished. Lights aren't my speciality, so it's been a challenge for me. Getting a lot of advice from my father, who is a classical portrait artist and likes to copy the style of the old masters. :) The Painter's Lights set has been my favorite forever, so it feels like it sets a very high standard for similarly-imagined projects.

Thanks for answering! That would be so great, your tutorial on portraits is on my wishlist already. You seem to know so much about setting up beautiful renders, I expect that would (will, hopefully) also be reflected in any light set you create. I‘d just love to see that.