Software improvements

JR_angelJR_angel Posts: 3
edited May 2020 in Product Suggestions

Hi, guys.

It is a long list of discution, so it is impossible for me to know if somene has already suggested what I am about to say. Sometimes, it is annoying to find new content. Vendors creat paths of their own, which takes some effort to keep things organiazed. My sugestion is to have a defaut procedure to all Daz official vendors to follow, putting characters, poses, lights, clothes and so in their right places. Sometimes it would be easier to select more than one iten at the same time directly in the viewport, rahter than in the scene pannel. It would be wonderful to have a cursor capable of doing this. Sometimes, we feel the need to adjust itens beyond the normal parameters provided by vendors. An improvement in the edit tools, such as  new primitives and d-formers, would be appreciated. And I have to say something about render crashes. If it is not possible to avoid them, there should be a safer way to interrupt renders without freezing the computer or without having to request a Crtl Alt Del command. Althoug it is not the purpose of this discussion, let's finaly talk about clothes. Daz Studio has wonderfull products, when we take a look at characters, props, lighting and cameras, but it has the worst civilian clothes ever. It is time to make them more realistic, with fabrics, shapes and wrinckles controls to make them worth of Daz Scenes. Thanks for reading.

Post edited by JR_angel on

Comments

• IsaacNewtonIsaacNewton Posts: 1,300

I would imagine that there are already strict requirements for DAZ PAs in placing items in the correct folder, otherwise the system would not work.

I do agree that finding things in DS can be a huge problem. It would help enormously if the search function in DS could search not just folder contents but folder names. Problems arise when vendors name their items with generic names like "top", "bottom", "pants", "chair", "table". As if no one else might ever think of those names. It's even worse for texture names. Of course some vendors include their own name in the item, such as "Cool-Vendor_blonde01", but then you also have to remember the vendor name for each of the potentially thousands of items you may have in your content directories.

Windows has the ability to search folder names, which typically include a description which can help you find the item, such as "Joe's_Sci-fi_bedroom_furniture". So, why can't the DAZ3d DS devs access that facility in DS?

• Richard HaseltineRichard Haseltine Posts: 99,341
    JR_angel said:

Sometimes it would be easier to select more than one iten at the same time directly in the viewport, rahter than in the scene pannel. It would be wonderful to have a cursor capable of doing this.

Hold down cmd(Mac)/ctrl(Win) and click on the second and subsequent items, assuming you are usng a node selection tool.

• TBorNotTBorNot Posts: 369
    edited May 2020

I would love to have a "wishlist" folder where you could "love" an item and a link would appear in the folder.  Of course, the wishlist should be saved with the scene.  This would keep all the items used in a scene handy where you could get to them quickly instead of searching forever.  Very similar to the shopping cart on the DAZ3D web site.

Post edited by TBorNot on
  • autodolorautodolor Posts: 70

There are many issues to resolve on Daz. For example...
    Where are the bvh maps stored so that I can edit them? It is a mystery, since after Genesis 3 more bones have been provided, disregarding a standard topology ... Anyway ...
    Why isn't a new plugin for Alembic approved to support the Ogawa format? It is quite frustrating, as is the FBX exporter / importer, which is, shortly, dire. It is a serious problem to export something for other 3D software.
    Another issue would be a specific definition of the API in a new SDK, as well as the REAL definition of commands in DazScript, very much left to the company, and an organized and updated PDF, making it mandatory for developers to provide their interaction with their own dll´s. For example, Animate2 is absolutely opaque with a possibility of scripting in the arcane .gfa format.
    There are so many things to improve ... !!

• chris-2599934chris-2599934 Posts: 1,798
    TBorNot said:

I would love to have a "wishlist" folder where you could "love" an item and a link would appear in the folder.  Of course, the wishlist should be saved with the scene.  This would keep all the items used in a scene handy where you could get to them quickly instead of searching forever.  Very similar to the shopping cart on the DAZ3D web site.

You mean, you ant a way to pull together diverse things from the content library in one place, so you can find them later?

You can. It's called categorization - just create your custom "wishlist" category, right-click the item(s) you want to save and allocate them to it.