Isireon Questions

AnuszczykAnuszczyk Posts: 47
edited December 1969 in The Commons

I think Isireon looks really cool. I see potential for a lot of different scenes and cool possibilities. Unfortunately, the description and information are pretty scant. I'm hoping someone who purchased it (or the creator, NIghtshift3D) can answer a couple of questions.

1) The additional information for this product says "Materials may need to be adjusted when used in DAZ Studio." What does that mean? Adjusted how? Will the materials not line up correctly? Will the colors be off? More information would help me decide whether I want to buy this or not.

2) In the "What's included and features" tab, two things are listed "Isirion" and "Isirion Sky". Does this mean the whole scene is literally two objects, scene and sky. Does that mean I can't use, for example, just one feature from this scene in a render? Can I move things around? The description says it includes 15 hide-able parts. Which parts are those?

All in all, I think Isireon could be really cool. I'm just not clear if these limitations will make it too hard to use.

Thank you very much for any information you can offer.
Jim

Comments

• icprncssicprncss Posts: 3,694
    edited December 1969

Anuszczyk said:
    I think Isireon looks really cool. I see potential for a lot of different scenes and cool possibilities. Unfortunately, the description and information are pretty scant. I'm hoping someone who purchased it (or the creator, NIghtshift3D) can answer a couple of questions.

1) The additional information for this product says "Materials may need to be adjusted when used in DAZ Studio." What does that mean? Adjusted how? Will the materials not line up correctly? Will the colors be off? More information would help me decide whether I want to buy this or not.

2) In the "What's included and features" tab, two things are listed "Isirion" and "Isirion Sky". Does this mean the whole scene is literally two objects, scene and sky. Does that mean I can't use, for example, just one feature from this scene in a render? Can I move things around? The description says it includes 15 hide-able parts. Which parts are those?

All in all, I think Isireon could be really cool. I'm just not clear if these limitations will make it too hard to use.

Thank you very much for any information you can offer.
    Jim

1) The materials were created in Poser and use Poser settings. Because DS and Poser use different render engines, the two apps handle material differently. Specular and glossiness are two settings that come to mind. The colors will be the same but they might be too dull or shiny. DS and Poser also hand bump maps differently so you may have to adjust those. The product will work in DS, you just have to adjust some of the surface settings.

2) The product either has a backdrop, skydome or skybox. This means that the sky you see in the promos is part of the product. This isn't always true for many environments and props. It's a separate part of the product so you can use it or not use it as you want. The prop is made of of 15 different parts that you can have visible or invisible but they are all connected. It is not 15 smaller pieces or what would be referred to as a construction set.

• Nightshift3DNightshift3D Posts: 273
    edited December 1969

The phrase about materials in DS should be removed, I'll contact DAZ about it. I had 2 .duf files added at the last minute so it loads up correctly in DS, though the description doesn't list them. Initially the sky texture wasn't showing up and some ambient textures weren't loading right but those have been fixed.

The structures are one figure and the skydome is a second figure that can be loaded separately, though the set loads with the skydome figure too. Different parts of the structure can be hidden for camera placement. You can't move things around though, it wasn't built with that in mind.

• AnuszczykAnuszczyk Posts: 47
    edited December 1969

Thank you both very much for the information. I really appreciate the quick replies.

Jim

• ZamuelNowZamuelNow Posts: 753
    edited December 1969

Is there any chance for a more modularly designed set inspired by this one in the future? Due to the way this one is set up I can understand it being all one part but this looks to be a very nice setting to play with.

And regardless, thank you for providing a nice zoomed out shot of the structure. More vendors need to do that.

edited December 1969

You're both welcome. :coolsmile: This was planned as a one-shot to try something different but a modular set is possible if there's enough interest. I did three wide-angle promo shots for this one which was a first for me but it seems to work well for outdoor settings.

DAZ removed the blurb about DS materials since it no longer applies.

edited December 1969

I commend you for putting the lights in their own material group. Thanks for that.

edited December 1969

Except for the parts with the writing, I had to use ambient maps for those because they aren't separate polygons. It's one of the reasons for the added .duf files, the ambient textures weren't loading in DS without them.

edited December 1969

Oh that's fine with the writing. My worry was that the whole thing would be on the same material group and thankfully it's not.