Old .CR2

reelyorreelyor Posts: 235
edited December 1969 in The Commons

Old CR2 characters I created in Daz Studio 3 will not import correctly into Studio 4.6. Anyone know of a reason?
When I import, all the gears and motors run, but I end up with a default V4.2.

Comments

• fixmypcmikefixmypcmike Posts: 19,582
    edited December 1969

Is the content folder you were using in DS3 listed in DS4.6?

• reelyorreelyor Posts: 235
    edited December 1969

Actually, no it it isn't.
    But I have tried transferring them into the existing Content directory, to no avail.
    Do they rely on data other than the CR2 file itself?

edited December 1969

Is V4 installed to one (and only one) Poser-format folder known to DS4.6?

• icprncssicprncss Posts: 3,694
    edited December 1969

What type of error message are you getting? I have both the DS2 and DS3A content/runtimes mapped to DS4 content manger and have no problems getting any of the files into DS4.6.

The only problem I've encountered is DS4.6 seems to have an issue with the old subdividing mat poses but with the advent of duf, I'm not surprised.

edited December 1969

Yes - v4 is installed to only one poser mapped directory.
    I haven't checked the log file, but it seems to go through the process with no on screen error message. It just wot show the character - only the default V4

edited December 1969

OK - thanks to your questions, I am finally able to figure it out and get it to work.
    Many thanks

edited December 1969

reelyor said:
    OK - thanks to your questions, I am finally able to figure it out and get it to work.
    Many thanks

What was the solution?

edited December 1969

I made sure the CR2 was in the proper runtime directory, and after I loaded it, I checked the SHAPE sliders and there was a slider there for the character (I had saved the CR2 as a spawnmorph.
    I am using it with GenX, and if I monitor the Body and Head morphs in GenX, I can get the values from the figure in the scene and see the morphs added.
    All is well in the east (Boston)