Genesis

DimeolasDimeolas Posts: 192
edited December 1969 in The Commons

sorry, cant find the thread. Been trying to install genesis in Poser10, windows 8.1 having a devil of a time too. The figure does show up within Poser but when I click to open it I get an error
Exception in RealityDataModel::addObjects: NULL result without error in PyObject_Call
and it wont open. I didnyt get gen starter essentials installers, folders sinstead but placed the content and used the script within poser to point to the folder. Ive done all I can do so if anyone has any ideas please let me know, otherwise I`m done with Genesis and Genesis2, wasted way too much time as it is. I am running the Reality plugin also.
Thanks,

Comments

• frank0314frank0314 Posts: 13,918
    edited December 1969

Did you install the DSON importer for Poser

• DimeolasDimeolas Posts: 192
    edited December 1969

yes sorry is installed, followed the direction up to step3 where it says to use the gen ess starters installers and there were no installers, just folders. Installed them by hand. Figure shows up in Poser. And did the importer preferences. Cant do the rest because don't have installers.

• frank0314frank0314 Posts: 13,918
    edited December 1969

Are you installing content with DIM? If not Genesis Starter Essentials is in your product library

• Richard HaseltineRichard Haseltine Posts: 99,449
    edited December 1969

The error appears to relate to the Reality plug-in - have you made sure you have the current build of that, and have you asked Paolo about it if it's happening with the latest build of Reality?

• DimeolasDimeolas Posts: 192
    edited December 1969

Posted in the rdna forum earlier today so waiting. Unless its been updated within the last month is current. And thank you.

• jorge dorlandojorge dorlando Posts: 1,156
    edited December 1969

It's just a suggestion ... Or Not, 2 suggestions:
    1 - Go to the menu / file / run python script / C: \ Program Files \ Smith Micro \ Poser Pro 2012 \ Runtime \ Python \ addons \ dson
    and clicking on:
    __init__.pyc

2 - if not work, uninstall the plugin reality and forces working dson genesis trying to load on desktop poser. after genesis are working, then reinstall the reality again.
    Note:
    before the plugin reality genesis worked well?