Deleting or resetting applied textures?

themarkcymruthemarkcymru Posts: 86
edited December 1969 in New Users

Is there any way of deleting applied skin colour and eye colours?
I need to restore my model to the standard gray texture of Genesis, but keep the morphs.
Is there anywhere in DAZ where you can view all elements applied to a model?

Comments

• SzarkSzark Posts: 10,634
    edited December 1969

You can reset the surfaces to DAZ Studio Default surfaces by using the Daz Studio Default shader preset in the Shader Preset folder in the Content Library (not Smart Content).

And what do you mean by "Is there anywhere in DAZ where you can view all elements applied to a model?" exactly?

• themarkcymruthemarkcymru Posts: 86
    edited December 1969

Thanks Szark, I tried My DAZ 3D Library/Shader Presets/DSDefaults/dsDefault but nothing changes.
    What Inam trying to say is:
    After applying body morphs and applying textures is it possible to view a list of everything that has been applied. I thought you may be able to remove any of these applied elements in that list, but obviously not.

• JaderailJaderail Posts: 0
    edited April 2014

All applied Morphs will list in the Parameters Tab in Currently used... see below...
    All applied Textures and Shaders will list in Surfaces Tab in each surface zone... see below...

Capture-002.png
    493 x 705 - 52K
    Capture-001.png
    500 x 457 - 17K
    Post edited by Jaderail on
  • SzarkSzark Posts: 10,634
    edited December 1969

Thanks Szark, I tried My DAZ 3D Library/Shader Presets/DSDefaults/dsDefault but nothing changes.
    What Inam trying to say is:
    After applying body morphs and applying textures is it possible to view a list of everything that has been applied. I thought you may be able to remove any of these applied elements in that list, but obviously not.
    Oops getting late here. Sorry select all the surface you want to change and try again.
    edited December 1969

Thanks Jaderail, just what I needed confirming. These were what I have been looking at, but wasn't sure if there was another feature. Is there any way of removing/deleting textures and or shaders within the surfaces tab?

edited December 1969

Yeah, getting late here as well Szark. Sorry how do I "select all the surface I want"?

edited April 2014

Yes you can remove anything that has a loaded file, here you go....

You use your PC's multi Select, on a Win system that is Ctrl and select surface or item.

Capture-001.png
    504 x 694 - 36K
    Post edited by Jaderail on
    edited December 1969

Thanks Jaderail, I'll try that in the morning.

edited December 1969

No luck. So I thought I'd File/Save As/Support Asset/Morph Assets. Then I quit DAZ and loaded the Genesis figure. The idea was to apply the saved morph asset to Genesis. But unfortunately I have no idea how or where to load the saved morph asset.
    Maybe this isn't what saving morph assets is for, but I'm getting desperate now. I just want to remove all materials/textures to the Genesis standard, but keep my morphs.

edited December 1969

A Morph Assest has ZERO texture information in the Save. I'm now lost as to what you are trying to do.
    Please give a Break down of your goal and include the Figure you are using as your base to work on.

edited December 1969

I used Genesis as the base and used the numerous shaping morphs to get the result I needed. I then applied skin textures and eye textures (can't remember which textures I used).
    I'm trying to return the textures to the Gray Genesis base shader, but I want to keep the shaping morphs.

edited December 1969

If you did as Save As> Morphs Preset and checked all used for your figure shape you created, you Entered a Name for that Preset on the Save. Load the Genesis figure default, open the Parameters Tab find the Name of the Preset you created and Dial it to 100% or 1 which ever it was set too. If you did the Save as Morph Preset properly you now have the Grey genesis in your Shape again.

Capture-001.png
    497 x 945 - 121K
  • Removing texture files from Surfaces/Edit does not work for me, no matter what I try during a image composing session in DAZ Studio 4+. If I am trying different textures on a model during the session, all texture images that were loaded show on the list, when I navigate to the window that shows the list. The only way I've found that works is to save the scene either as a Scene, or Scene Subset, close DAZ Studio, open DAZ Studio again, and load the saved file. When the file is loaded, any unused texture files will no longer be on that list. Then the image can be rendered.

There is supposedly a utility that can be used to delete unused images from your current project while DAZ Studio is open. I'm trying to find the link to it, as being able to do this during the composing stage would help save time, and the less there is on that list, the faster the render will be completed.

• FSMCDesignsFSMCDesigns Posts: 12,582

Mage 13X13 said:

Removing texture files from Surfaces/Edit does not work for me, no matter what I try during a image composing session in DAZ Studio 4+. If I am trying different textures on a model during the session, all texture images that were loaded show on the list, when I navigate to the window that shows the list. The only way I've found that works is to save the scene either as a Scene, or Scene Subset, close DAZ Studio, open DAZ Studio again, and load the saved file. When the file is loaded, any unused texture files will no longer be on that list. Then the image can be rendered.

There is supposedly a utility that can be used to delete unused images from your current project while DAZ Studio is open. I'm trying to find the link to it, as being able to do this during the composing stage would help save time, and the less there is on that list, the faster the render will be completed.

LOL, you are replying to a nine yr old post. What works for me is to load the default figure and save a material preset before loading any character or textures

• @themarkcymru

I know that this is an old post, but I thought I would share how I work around this issue

Create a primitive - Create> New primitive... - followed by selecting a sphere (my choice) 100 segments 100 sides - for smoothness

Afterwards, make sure that it is selected in the scene, followed by going into Content Library> My Library> Shader Presets> Iray> Daz Uber and double click on !Iray Uber Base, which should apply the generic base surface to your newly created sphere

With the sphere still selected, go to the Surface's tab> Editor tab and select the Sphere, if it is not already selected.

Right click on the Sphere in the Editor tab and choose "Copy Selected Surface(s)" from the contextual menu that appeared when you right clicked.

This should be followed by going to the Scene's tab and selecting the item that you would like to reset to the default texture settings.

After your item is selected, return to the Surface's tab> Editor tab and select your item, followed by right clicking on the item and selecting "Paste to Selected Surface(s)" from the contextual menu that appears when you right click on your item, which you should see the same texture as is applied to the default Sphere

Hope that helps