Joe Quick's Mr. Turtle Render Thread

TJohnTJohn Posts: 11,072
edited December 1969 in The Commons

Didn't see a thread devoted to this new Genesis1 character, and thought there should be one. :)
http://www.daz3d.com/new-releases/mr-turtle-and-the-conspicuous-interloper

I'll start it off with this one:
Mr. Turtle Meditates

Mr_Turtle_Meditates.jpg
876 x 1200 - 433K

Comments

• StezzaStezza Posts: 7,995
    edited December 1969

This is one cool turtle..

had an issue with tongue pokethru that I couldn't fix.. had to fix up in post, I'll try a few more to see if it occurs again

Turtle.jpg
    640 x 480 - 232K
  • wsterdanwsterdan Posts: 2,340
    edited April 2014

Stezza said:
    This is one cool turtle..

had an issue with tongue pokethru that I couldn't fix.. had to fix up in post, I'll try a few more to see if it occurs again

Me too, I just hid the last part of the tongue ("tongue Tip"). The only other problem I have with the character is the modelled navel; there's no morph to hide it or the slightly-indented nipples, which show up a bit when wearing a bodysuit instead of his shell.

Absolutely love the character. Joe's last few characters are nothing short of fantastic.

-- Walt Sterdan

Mr-Turtle-Solo-00.jpg
    347 x 800 - 40K
    Post edited by wsterdan on
  • Herald of FireHerald of Fire Posts: 3,504
    edited December 1969

Not strictly Mr. Turtle, but as this cute outfit was bundled with him I couldn't pass up the opportunity to do a render of his conspicuous interloper...

Turtle_Girl.jpg
    932 x 1000 - 862K
  • BeeMKayBeeMKay Posts: 7,018
    edited December 1969

The skin works marvelous if you apply it to the regular G1 character. This is Turtle-Dave. :-)

Turte-Dave.jpg
    2000 x 1500 - 478K
    edited April 2014

If you use the Lower Displacement setting on the skin, it will take care of the "missing lips" problem you get at the default setting.
    Compare - upper picture, default displacement, lower picture, Lower Displacement setting.

Turte-Dave-and-Vicki-Lower-Displacement-Full.jpg
    1545 x 1999 - 431K
    Turte-Dave-and-Vicki-Lower-Displacement.jpg
    1545 x 1236 - 343K
    Turte-Dave-and-Vicki.jpg
    1545 x 1236 - 314K
    Post edited by BeeMKay on
  • JoeQuickJoeQuick Posts: 1,701
    edited December 1969

Check the different joints of the tongue, some body poses inexplicably bend the tongue down. You never notice it on human shapes, but it becomes an issue on more extreme morphs.

I'll throw together a nipple naval fix morph this evening.

• TJohnTJohn Posts: 11,072
    edited December 1969

Thanks for Mr. Turtle, Joe!

• Sfariah DSfariah D Posts: 26,124
    edited April 2014

I went to look for him in smart content with no luck. I am trying to reimport the metadata but that is taking over three hours. Hopefully that will help me find him. He is cool and I did get him and dim did install him. I hope to play with him soon. Wonder how he will look converted to genesis 2.

I will add a render of him to this thread asap.

Post edited by Sfariah D on
    edited April 2014

Joequick said:
    Check the different joints of the tongue, some body poses inexplicably bend the tongue down. You never notice it on human shapes, but it becomes an issue on more extreme morphs.

I'll throw together a nipple naval fix morph this evening.

First off all, thanks for a great and versatile product. :-)

BTW, I really like the nipple-and belly-button less version. This is a reptile, and they don't have use for neither. :-)

Post edited by BeeMKay on
  • frank0314frank0314 Posts: 13,918
    edited December 1969

Awesome pack Joe

edited December 1969

https://www.dropbox.com/sh/31wzcgrqxnuhw8o/wDytDLbBqp

drop that file in My Library\data\DAZ 3D\Genesis\Base\Morphs\Joequick\MrTurtle

you can find the dial for it in Actor/Upper Body/Torso/Universal/Fantasy SciF

dial in the turtle first and then apply.

edited December 1969

I went to look for him in smart content with no luck. I am trying to reimport the metadata but that is taking over three hours. Hopefully that will help me find him. He is cool and I did get him and dim did install him. I hope to play with him soon. Wonder how he will look converted to genesis 2.

I will add a render of him to this thread asap.

Starting with the Mouse, my critters have had custom UV maps, this reduces distortion and helps allow appropriate detail in places where it wouldn't be needed on a human, but the cost of this is that the maps can't be used on other figures.

edited December 1969

Back on the tongue thing, here's an example using the v5 angel pose from the selection of default v5 poses. As a part of the pose, tongue 1 through tongue 4 are all bent. It's this odd choice pose which causes the poke-through. Zeroing the tongue should fix the poke-through.

tongue.jpg
    1917 x 1080 - 518K
  • jakibluejakiblue Posts: 7,281
    edited December 1969

i'm totally in love with this turtle, it's absolutely awesome. I keep putting him in my cart and taking him back out again, ONLY because I seriously can't think what I'd use him for! But I want him, I want him! LOL Would LOVE to see more renders!

edited December 1969

tjohn said:
    Didn't see a thread devoted to this new Genesis1 character, and thought there should be one. :)

Mr. Turtle Meditates

tjohn, is that DS?? The lighting is absolutely superb in that!

edited December 1969

jakiblue said:
    tjohn said:

Mr. Turtle Meditates

tjohn, is that DS?? The lighting is absolutely superb in that!
    Yes, one of Dimension Theory's Advanced Light Presets, one of the Specular Accents setups. I moved the lights a bit.
    http://www.daz3d.com/advanced-light-presets-for-aoa-s-lights

edited December 1969

ah! I knew there was a reason I was going to buy those. LOL. Wonderful render!

• SaiyanessSaiyaness Posts: 715
    edited December 1969

Just for fun...

(I had no idea how to mimic the cinematography of a daytime soapie or movie...)

Turtle_and_Karen.jpg
    1000 x 666 - 321K
    edited December 1969

Saiyaness said:
    Just for fun...

Love Of Turtle
    As The Shell Turns

? :lol:
  • SaiyanessSaiyaness Posts: 715
    edited December 1969

tjohn said:
    Saiyaness said:
    Just for fun...

Love Of Turtle
    As The Shell Turns

? :lol:

lol YES! It's a much better title than what I thought of. "Shell Shock 4: Carapace Coitus" One of Mr. Turtle's more risque roles...

• StezzaStezza Posts: 7,995
    edited December 1969

Joequick said:
    Back on the tongue thing, here's an example using the v5 angel pose from the selection of default v5 poses. As a part of the pose, tongue 1 through tongue 4 are all bent. It's this odd choice pose which causes the poke-through. Zeroing the tongue should fix the poke-through.

Thanks for the info.. I should of known that .. lol

Extreme_Turtling.jpg
    1000 x 750 - 464K
    edited December 1969

Ribbits The Frog: “Well, that just made it worse. Now what?”
    Mr. Turtle: “We’re gonna need a bigger hammer.”

Were_Gonna_Need_A_Bigger_Hammer.jpg
    1000 x 1250 - 477K
  • wsterdanwsterdan Posts: 2,340
    edited December 1969

Joequick said:
    https://www.dropbox.com/sh/31wzcgrqxnuhw8o/wDytDLbBqp

drop that file in My Library\data\DAZ 3D\Genesis\Base\Morphs\Joequick\MrTurtle

you can find the dial for it in Actor/Upper Body/Torso/Universal/Fantasy SciF

dial in the turtle first and then apply.

Hi Joe;

Just downloaded it tonight, tested it and it worked perfectly; many, many thanks. Your Genesis work is nothing short of phenomenal, and exactly the kinds of things I'm always looking for.

Looking forward to whatever you've got up your sleeve next.

-- Walt