.mat files

menschtxmenschtx Posts: 8
edited December 1969 in Bryce Discussion

It seems that Bryce 7 pro (free) doesn't allow .jpg files to be imported, do I need to convert .tiff, .jpg to .mat files?

Comments

• silk_99cfbbf5d0silk_99cfbbf5d0 Posts: 38
    edited December 1969

How are you importing the jpg? Try clicking on the man character at the top tool bar and import a jpg there.

Don't worry about .mat files. import an image normally and open the material library and save it that way. The library will generate the .mat file when you export from there.

• Eva1Eva1 Posts: 1,249
    edited July 2012

Bryce 7 does handle jpegs. You can apply a jpeg image to an object in the materials library Are you seeing error messages or can you explain further what the problem is you are experiencing?

Post edited by Eva1 on
  • Dan WhitesideDan Whiteside Posts: 497
    edited December 1969

You didn't mention your platform - there's a horrible bug in the Mac version that prevents direct image import in any format.

• silk_99cfbbf5d0silk_99cfbbf5d0 Posts: 38
    edited December 1969

You didn't mention your platform - there's a horrible bug in the Mac version that prevents direct image import in any format.

Ah, now there's something I did not know. Since I am on windows. Which kind of proves why it is important to post what operating system and other various data, that should always be included when posting an issue.

Name of the app
    what version it is
    What operating system it is running on
    how much ram
    any other data that deems to be pertinent.

Just throwing that out there for other new users. It just makes it easier to get the right answer.

• menschtxmenschtx Posts: 8
    edited December 1969

Normally I pick a .jpg from a folder I have and attempt to put it into the 'user' in the material group. When attempting to 'import' nothing shows up in the link other than .mat files.
    e-machine
    amd 2.60 GHz
    mem: 2.00 GB
    sys: 32-bit

• ChoholeChohole Posts: 33,604
    edited July 2012

This may help When on the first screen, click the "P" to get to the screen in the 2nd image, and then click on the next empty square to import your jpg from whre you have it saved on your HD.

matlab_jpg_2.png
    635 x 474 - 300K
    matlab_jpg_1.png
    635 x 474 - 364K
    Post edited by Chohole on
  • HoroHoro Posts: 10,140
    edited December 1969

And once you have what chohole explains above, do not forget to set the Materials Options to Blend Transparency.

BT.jpg
    634 x 504 - 68K