Render Settings for Advanced Light Presets for AoA’s Lights from DimensionTheory?

maxwellsteed2maxwellsteed2 Posts: 0
edited December 1969 in The Commons

I am only using Advanced Light Presets for AoA’s Lights from DimensionTheory for my scene made up only of Victoria with Felicity HD applied.

It is a simple portrait to test out the two sets of skins that came with the model and all the light presets.

What should the Gamma setting be?

What are good render settings to start from?

I just need a good starting point to work from.

Comments

• SzarkSzark Posts: 10,634
    edited December 1969

Gamma Correction is a whole new world so if new for the time being I would leave it off and a value of 1.00.

Render settings.

Pixel Sample X and Y can be increased for Finals, say 6 - 12 (using Dof (Depth of Field) this may have to go up to 18 +.
    Shadow Samples with AOA lights can be low so leave it at defaults. This can help when using others lights and soft shadows.
    Shading Rate for finals go as low as 0.50 - 0.10 yes lower means higher quality. This is our main quality setting.

• maxwellsteed2maxwellsteed2 Posts: 0
    edited December 1969

So if I want to use my presets, I guess I apply "!DominaAll" material first.

Then I apply "SSS 70 Dif 50"

Then I apply "V6 Normal Map"

Then I pick a AoA Preset.

Do I use Normal Maps with SSS and HSS, or just Normal, SSS, and HSS alone?

I have the Domina and Felicity maps, and I am confused as to what skins to use with AoA or UberE.

Domina has materials marked
    AoA SSS Settings
    Normal Maps
    !DominaAll skin

I see a lot of stuff marked with "!" at the beginning. What does that mean?

All this stuff just shows up, and I can't find the readme or anything. There could be a readme, but I have yet to find any.

• Scott LivingstonScott Livingston Posts: 4,340
    edited April 2014

I see a lot of stuff marked with "!" at the beginning. What does that mean?

All this stuff just shows up, and I can't find the readme or anything. There could be a readme, but I have yet to find any.

I believe that usually the "!" at the beginning of a word is put there in order to make it jump to the front when things are ordered alphabetically.

If you ever need help figuring out what something means, the forum is a good place to ask. And this might come in handy too: Glossary of Terms - for those new to Digital Art and DAZ 3D

Post edited by Scott Livingston on
  • Scott LivingstonScott Livingston Posts: 4,340
    edited December 1969

And to answer your question about render settings, I recommend taking a look at these:

Render Profiles by adamr001

Not specific to the AoA lights, but a very good resource anyway.

• maxwellsteed2maxwellsteed2 Posts: 0
    edited April 2014

So the "!" is just for positioning.

I was hoping it meant they reset all related setting.

So what is the material expectation standard with DAZ3D?

I see files like !DominaAll or "Felicty All".

Does that usually include the SSS and Normals, or the expectation is I apply that myself.?

If I apply an "All" material, does that usually reset SSS and Normal to zero?

How do I check to see if SSS or Normals has been removed or applied?

Post edited by maxwellsteed2 on
  • scorpioscorpio Posts: 8,366
    edited December 1969

Select the figure and look in the surfaces tab, select a surface of the figure for example Face and there you will see the maps and settings for that zone.

I have always taken the 'All' to mean that all the maps mats will be applied to the figure, some only apply the face or arms applying different makeups tattoos etc to different regions.