Feedback on Yiynova MSP19U+ Tablet Monitor?

maraichmaraich Posts: 491
edited December 1969 in The Commons

I have a friend who is interested in the Yiynova MSP19U+ Tablet Monitor. Since all I ever used was a Wacom Bamboo, I really don't know what to tell him. Have any of you used it? Do you like it/hate it? If so, could you please pop in with reasons behind your opinion. I've scanned through the ratings on Amazon, but I'd be more comfortable with the feedback I get from this community.

Comments

• SloshSlosh Posts: 2,391
    edited December 1969

maraich said:
    I have a friend who is interested in the Yiynova MSP19U+ Tablet Monitor. Since all I ever used was a Wacom Bamboo, I really don't know what to tell him. Have any of you used it? Do you like it/hate it? If so, could you please pop in with reasons behind your opinion. I've scanned through the ratings on Amazon, but I'd be more comfortable with the feedback I get from this community.

I have one, and I love it. I've never used a Cintiq, so I can't compare them, but the Yiynova works beautifully, in my opinion. Very briefly, you have to get used to the "space" between your stylus and the screen (that space being the glass), but it doesn't take long at all to compensate for that. I can get very accurate strokes and even continue a stroke after lifting your stylus, which one would think would be hard to accurately do. The pressure sensitivity seems to be right where I would expect it, and making light strokes or bolder strokes seems to be no problem at all.

The monitor is VGA only and is not HD (meaning it's not 1920x1080 aspect ratio), so if using it side by side with another monitor, don't expect the same screen layout. I bought a VGA to DVI adaptor to be able to plug it into my graphics card. Also, be sure your friend removes and Wacom or other similar software and drivers from his/her computer as it will clash with Yiynova's drivers.

The monitor works great in ZBrush, Photoshop, Anime Studio, Manga Studio, Poser 9+, but not so well in DAZ Studio, though I should point out that I never had easy use in DAZ Studio with my Wacom either, so it's not a problem of the monitor, but more that DS is not very stylus friendly.

Let me know if you have any further questions.

• maraichmaraich Posts: 491
    edited December 1969

Thanks a bunch for such a nicely detailed answer. I'm passing your information on to my friend. I told him to let me know if there is anything specific he would like to know, and if so, I will let you know what he's curious about. Really appreciate your feedback.