Animated clouds

DUDUDUDU Posts: 1,945
edited December 1969 in Carrara Discussion

I am making a simple generic with a “realistic sky” in backdrop.
But, I would have liked to animate the clouds and nothing moves…
I often used this function with C6, but with C8, I do not arrive there!
Did I forget something?
Can somebody explain me?

Comments

• wetcircuitwetcircuit Posts: 0
    edited December 1969

Did I forget something?

Can you say a little more? Are these the cloud layers inside the Realistic Sky editor?
  • DUDUDUDU Posts: 1,945
    edited December 1969

Yes, I change all the parameters during the animation, but nothing happens in the render...

• WendyLuvsCatzWendyLuvsCatz Posts: 38,041
    edited December 1969

you need to set wind speed and completion on last keyframe, I add an osscilation to the tweener myself too so it loops
    I change a few parameters between start and end like lumpiness and coverage which I also oscilate.

edited December 1969

OK, I placed keyframes at the end of animation and that seems to work.
    I thought that the fact of shuffle the clouds at the last image was enough but it is not the case.
    There is a long time I use the compositing for that and I forgot this.
    Thank you Wendy !

• DartanbeckDartanbeck Posts: 21,326
    edited December 1969

OK, I placed keyframes at the end of animation and that seems to work.
    I thought that the fact of shuffle the clouds at the last image was enough but it is not the case.
    There is a long time I use the compositing for that and I forgot this.
    Thank you Wendy !
    Ooops... "Shuffle" is never animated. It goes across the whole thing. "Shuffle" is just a different random layout than the current one. So you can animate fire, for example, and duplicate the fire and click Shuffle, and the entire fire will change, no matter where you are on the timeline when you click it.
  • jrm21jrm21 Posts: 140
    edited April 2014

I was having trouble with the same thing not too long ago.

Obviously, you have to add some speed and direction to the cloud layer in the Realistic Sky Editor dialog.

In addition, you also have to set a time value for "Clouds animation" in the "Background" panel (available when Realistic Sky is selected).

The time value entered needs to be pretty high to see any effect. I had a 20 second animation and I was not seeing anything when 1 entered 10, 20 or even 60 seconds. When I entered 1000 seconds, things started to happen.

The time value interacts with the "speed" setting in the RSE box. Once you start getting some movement, you can play with both numbers to get the effect you want.

Hope this helps.

Post edited by jrm21 on
    edited December 1969

Ha ha, here is the answer to the question that I was posed… I spent only 10 seconds because I believed that it was necessary that corresponds to the duration of the scene.
    The trick of Wendy helped me but I did not see all the same so many movements in the clouds.
    I did it a few years ago, but one forgets with the time (and the age)…
    I wonder whether there is not the same trick in the animation part of an Ocean, there I have parameters which do not seem to react either.
    Thank you with all!