[Out Now] TV News Vignette [Commercial]

Silent WinterSilent Winter Posts: 3,635

Our top story today:

Ever just want to render the news? Need a classic or modern style? Choice of news stories to get you started but with an included .psd file (can be used in GIMP/Photoshop/etc) that has all the layers so you can simply drop in your image, change the text and away you go? Light on resources since it's just a vignette, not a whole studio?

Out now at Daz3d.com! https://www.daz3d.com/tv-news-vignette

The '5 News' sign is a separate prop, in case you want to change the channel. Similarly, the '5' and 'News' on the logo on TV are separate layers in the .psd file to easily change. As are all the headlines and images (see promo).

It comes with a set of 6 camera presets so you can quickly get a nice shot (see promos for angles - also included are the same angles on the other side - close left, close right, far left, far right, close straight on, far straight on)

Join us later for an update on this and other exciting stories.

^Click these and the ones below for much bigger versions.

TVN Popup_01.jpg
1600 x 900 - 309K
TVN Popup_05.jpg
1600 x 900 - 243K
TVN Popup_06.jpg
1600 x 900 - 238K
TVN Popup_03.jpg
1200 x 1200 - 451K
TVN Popup_04.jpg
1000 x 1000 - 190K
TVN Popup_07.jpg
1600 x 900 - 292K
Post edited by Silent Winter on

Comments

• barbultbarbult Posts: 23,155
    We have a couple pretty elaborate newsroom sets in the store already. I suppose there is room for another.
  • Silent WinterSilent Winter Posts: 3,635

Yeah, I know. Only one of those showed up for me on a search before I made this one (I've seen the other now). Still, this is a different style and not everyone needs a whole studio (and some might like the variety of another). I think this fits in a nice niche of being a vignette, having a classic as well as modern style option, and the starter screens along with easy to use psd to make new ones in the same style could be useful for someone making sequential art and needing a lot of stories.

YMMV etc. smiley

• nonesuch00nonesuch00 Posts: 17,929

looks awesome

• ReneWReneW Posts: 123

I like that this is a vignette.  I have the other two newsrooms but they take longer to render so this will be a welcome addition for me.

• FSMCDesignsFSMCDesigns Posts: 12,566

Nice work, looks good!

• Silent WinterSilent Winter Posts: 3,635

Thanks all :)

Although my next couple of products (already finished but one being tweaked) are full environments, I think I'll also do some more of the vignette style in the future too :)

• outrider42outrider42 Posts: 3,679

Yeah, at first when I saw this I was like "Another one?" But looking closer I can see the uses it would have. The other TV News items are an entire studio, and so are quite heavy on resources. Being a vignette this set should be much easier on resources and will probably render much faster, too. If you want to make a render of somebody watching the news on TV, this set is all you need to make that footage. The other sets would be more suited to a behind the scenes kind of story. I mean, what reason is there to have an actual camera prop or light rigs?

So while has been done before, it hasn't been done this way. I like the idea. With how precious VRAM is, small focused vignettes that can get the job done can be quite handy. And pricing helps, too.

• nonesuch00nonesuch00 Posts: 17,929

Yeah, at first when I saw this I was like "Another one?" But looking closer I can see the uses it would have. The other TV News items are an entire studio, and so are quite heavy on resources. Being a vignette this set should be much easier on resources and will probably render much faster, too. If you want to make a render of somebody watching the news on TV, this set is all you need to make that footage. The other sets would be more suited to a behind the scenes kind of story. I mean, what reason is there to have an actual camera prop or light rigs?

So while has been done before, it hasn't been done this way. I like the idea. With how precious VRAM is, small focused vignettes that can get the job done can be quite handy. And pricing helps, too.

If you had said another shirt & jeans or another dress or another bathroom... but I think an old fashioned TV news reading set was called for. 

• TizianoTiziano Posts: 262

Cannot find the included .psd file.

^_^;

• Tiziano said:

Cannot find the included .psd file.

^_^;

It's a separate download from the main product. If you're using DIM, you might need to tell it to show non-Studio files. Or if you go to your product library on the Daz site, you should be able to download it manually. Let me know if you can't find it and I'll try to give more detailed directions :)