Need advice with very specific " Out of memory" on Bryce 7 pro

ForgottenangelForgottenangel Posts: 0
edited December 1969 in Bryce Discussion

Dear friends,
I have specific problem and im not able to find anything about it here. So :
2 weeks ago crashed my 2 comps so I bought new ones - good configuration 7i processors, powerful graphic cards, 16 GB RAM minimum..etc etc..64 system of course. Now -

1 comp Im using for DAZ + Hexagon ( importing finished objects) and transfers to Bryce where Im finishing project. 2nd comp is only for Hexagon and 3r is only for Bryce rendering.

Problem : After finishing Bryce project and transfer it to the " render comp", during loading i can see - OUT of memory. " Some objects are missing and loading will continue without them". Project is destroyed.

How to avoid it or where is mistake? ( Ram is of course OK)

I think its in the fact that I have my objects in library only on the 1st comp and not in the second..maybe. But Im doing it always like this and it never happened before..

Ill be grateful for any answer leading to solving this insane problem.

Last : Pls, Like to backup my USER objects, skies, materials..etc ( created by me only) with batch method - not one by one..? ( I have maybe 1 million of objects, HDRI, mats,...etc...really lot of for "one by one" backup.. ( I know this is stupid Q)

Thank you very much for your answers..

Comments

• HoroHoro Posts: 10,283
    edited December 1969

@forgottenangel666 - congratulation to your machines. Bryce holds everything in memory and since it is still a 32-bit application, your scene must not overrun the 2 GB limit. What doesn't make it better is that the file is compressed to save cheap HD space and this compression is done in memory, too. Equally, when opening a file, it is de-compressed in memory. Having everything in memory also means that if the file saved is fine, all resources go with it. This is necessary because otherwise Lightning (network rendering) wouldn't work.

No matter how much memory your computer(s) have, 2 GB is all Bryce can use - except you make Bryce large address aware. Then you can go to around 3.5 GB before you get an out of memory alert.

Make sure the file saved on one machine that you transfer to the other is not corrupt. Try to load it again into the machine on which you made it.

Your USER libraries. Yes, do save them from time to time. For the libraries, the 2 GB limit also applies. If a library exceeds this limit, it is corrupt, kaputt, everything in it lost beyond restoring. Check their file sizes from time to time. particularly the Sky Library. Skies with HDRI embedded grow terribly fast. You can create sub-folders and any number of library files, so this is not limiting your collection. Just make sure no library gets to 2 GB.

I recommend that you copy the full Presets folder to another folder outside the Bryce main folder. I have my copies on network drives. Be aware that if you re-install Bryce, all your stuff in the Presets folder is overwritten.

• ForgottenangelForgottenangel Posts: 0
    edited December 1969

Horo said:
    @forgottenangel666 - congratulation to your machines. Bryce holds everything in memory and since it is still a 32-bit application, your scene must not overrun the 2 GB limit. What doesn't make it better is that the file is compressed to save cheap HD space and this compression is done in memory, too. Equally, when opening a file, it is de-compressed in memory. Having everything in memory also means that if the file saved is fine, all resources go with it. This is necessary because otherwise Lightning (network rendering) wouldn't work.

No matter how much memory your computer(s) have, 2 GB is all Bryce can use - except you make Bryce large address aware. Then you can go to around 3.5 GB before you get an out of memory alert.

Make sure the file saved on one machine that you transfer to the other is not corrupt. Try to load it again into the machine on which you made it.

Your USER libraries. Yes, do save them from time to time. For the libraries, the 2 GB limit also applies. If a library exceeds this limit, it is corrupt, kaputt, everything in it lost beyond restoring. Check their file sizes from time to time. particularly the Sky Library. Skies with HDRI embedded grow terribly fast. You can create sub-folders and any number of library files, so this is not limiting your collection. Just make sure no library gets to 2 GB.

I recommend that you copy the full Presets folder to another folder outside the Bryce main folder. I have my copies on network drives. Be aware that if you re-install Bryce, all your stuff in the Presets folder is overwritten.

Thank you very much for answer. All problems are resolved :

1. Out of memory was caused with fact that i forgot ungroup some groups. I did it and transfered it ungrouped and..no problem.
    Scene was over 2 GB cos i used my own buildings and other props. So I changed some of them for Stonemasons ones ( thank you friend..) and size of the scenery was slightly above 900 MB. So fine. LAA im using like standard nonstop so for bryce, daz and hexagon im going with more power.

2.Backup of bryce gallery I did semi batch method and all is done. ( It took 4 hours nonstop but ive finished it)

Thank you very much for your help. Your answer was very helpful.

Gabriel

• ForgottenangelForgottenangel Posts: 0
    edited December 1969

Out of topic :

Now I can see im still " new member" LOL! After 6-7 years here...I know this is in acc. to no. of submitted posts, but it was simply funny to see it.
    Nice day to everybody!
    g

• ChoholeChohole Posts: 33,604
    edited May 2014

once you have made a few more posts you will lose the New. We all went back to a zero post count when DAZ 3D changed the forum software about 2 years ago. Your 25th post is the one that gets rid of the "new" So when you post for the 26th time you will see that you are now a "Member"

Post edited by Chohole on
  • HoroHoro Posts: 10,283
    edited December 1969

@forgottenangel666 - thanks for reporting back, much appreciated. Glad you could make it work.