1st c-ram # 26 Springtime 2
    2nd TheSavage64 #30 Spring Greening
    3rd Jamahoney #10 make a wish

HM Yellow pen #3 An Angels kiss in Spring
    HM mtnmen #24 Spring Time
    HM Mermaid10 #13 Spring Bubbles

Best Bryce New User fictionalromance

well done all

I need email addies (the one you sign in with) for c-ram mtnmen and fictionalromance please, to get the store credit put into your accounts, please sned me a PM with them in., and fictionalromance can you also send that to jaderail, so he will send you a gift cert for his special prize.

c-ram you get the job of setting the theme for the next challenge. Can you let me know as soon as possible please.

• ChoholeChohole Posts: 33,604
    edited December 1969

Comments from one judge about some of the images

- #26 SpringTime 2
    This, to me, looks like a photograph. Everything about it is great. The composition in portrait view is wonderful, the lighting is terrific, and I’m running out of superlatives to use to describe this scene.

This render could easily be the front of a greeting card.

- #30 Spring Greening
    What can I say, the composition and lighting are wonderful, especially the eagle floating lazily across the scene.

When I think of outstide scenes in Bryce, I usually think of the landscape view, so again seeing a render in portrait view is, to me, dramatic. It certainly makes me wonder what the rest of that landscape looks like.

- #12 New Beginning
    I really like the lazy movement/flow of the stream, and the wonderful colors bring the render to life. The composition of the scene is well done.

#14 Spring Contemplations
    The thought of an android/non-human figure sitting there contemplating a real living bird sitting in the palm of it’s hand is a nice, different, intepretation of the theme. The composition and lighting are very nicely done.

#20 Spring Evening
    Again, a nice colorful scene, which is pretty much what Spring is all about. I like the way the stream of water looks as though it’s flowing to the ocean in the background.

The one thing I noticed, which should be watched, is the cropping of the scene. The sides of the scene are very close to the plants, though in this case I think that works, but the cropping off of the top of the center palm tree doesn’t work for me. I like to leave some “air” around a scene, and since the palm tree isn’t in the foreground, there’s really no reason to not be able to see the top of it, especially since there’s very little missing.

#36 What will happen when she kisses the frog
    Anothher really colorful scene. I like this because, as the title suggests, it tells a story.

The only thing here that bothers me is . . . where’s the frog? IOW, I can hardly see him in her hand. I think the lady, and frog in her hand, should be in the foreground. I would leave everything, except maybe that bush directly in front of her in the scene, and then stand her up much closer to the camera so she and the frog can be easily seen. From the title of the piece, she and the frog should be the central figures, and yet they’re practically hidden and lost as they are.

New User - A toss-up between:
    #23 Spring Swing
    For a new user render, this is nicely done. I like the colorful sky, and that swing looks very inviting.

I happen to have that “tree” prop set (without the swing), and had not thought to play with it in Bryce. In this case I would suggest putting it on top of a ground plane with more of the grass in the foreground, rather than having water surrounding it on all sides. This would give the impression of being high on a cliff overlooking the ocean in the background.

#34 Tropical Spring
    Again, for a new user render, this is nicely composed.

I don’t know if those flowers are individual props, or are done with instancing, but I think the flowers in the foreground should be placed closer together, which would make them look a little more realistic.

The other thing I noticed is the colorful rainbow. I like that, but it stops short when it hits the area of the palm tree, rather than spreading across the entire sky. I know there’s a Bryce sky with a rainbow, and I’m not sure if that was used or not, but I would’ve liked seeing the full rainbow in the scene.

OK, that should do it.

• srieschsriesch Posts: 4,241
    edited December 1969

Good job everybody!

• HansmarHansmar Posts: 2,797
    edited December 1969

Congrats to all the winners. Very good works!

• ChoholeChohole Posts: 33,604
    edited December 1969

As far as I am concerned everyone was a winner. This was a very difficult contest to judge. I needed about 3 times the number of prizes

Could never do it without our panel of judges and the guest judge (who changes each time)

• Rashad CarterRashad Carter Posts: 1,799
    edited December 1969

Congratulations to the winners as well as all of the other participants!!! This really was an awesome challenge, Trish did a great job with this theme. Wonderful work all around!

• Dan WhitesideDan Whiteside Posts: 499
    edited December 1969

Congrats to all the winners and all who entered!
    And a special thanks to the judges… they did a heck of a job.

• fictionalbookshelffictionalbookshelf Posts: 837
    edited December 1969

Congratulations to the winners, the participants including the judges and the those donating prizes.

I am shocked I won because I have so much to learn. I am now one month into Bryce and I am just now getting some what decent renders of my own when I don't use scenes I've purchased.

I have only used Daz twice i think since I cracked Bryce open and I have $1000s of content for Daz. I guess it's a good thing all of it can be used in Bryce.

• GussNemoGussNemo Posts: 1,855
    edited December 1969

Wonderful scenes from all who participated. And congratulations to the prize obtainers,

• GoshtacGoshtac Posts: 0
    edited December 1969

Hi folks;

Haven't been around much due to rebuild of my system and software, but wanted to stop in and congratulate all who entered many great renders in this challenge and especially to this latest group of winners. Well done everyone!!

Bruce

• HoroHoro Posts: 10,287
    edited December 1969

Great renders from everybody participated. Congratulations to the winners, awesome work.

• TrishTrish Posts: 2,625
    edited May 2014

Wonderful renders!! and Congratulations to the winners....looking forward to your new theme c- ram......Trish

Post edited by Trish on
  • adbcadbc Posts: 3,115
    edited December 1969

Congratulations to the winners and to everyone else who participated !

• Yellow PenYellow Pen Posts: 920
    edited December 1969

oh wow..... I was surprised to win a price, thanks to the judges for that. And thank you chohole, for your work for the challenge.

Congratulations to the other winners - and to all the other participants, for so many wonderful pictures. I think that was a hard job for the judges.

• c-ramc-ram Posts: 376
    edited December 1969

Great jobs from everyone in this challenge! I'm so proud to be the winner of this nice contest!

Chohole thank you so much for your efforts here in this post and everywhere else at daz/bryce forum!

I'm going to send you a mail as soon as possible to let you know the theme for the next contest.. I've no idea yet.

• JamahoneyJamahoney Posts: 1,791
    edited December 1969

Congrats to all...waiting for the next theme.

Jay

• mtnmenmtnmen Posts: 444
    edited December 1969

congrats to all... Lots of great artwork... Looking forward to the next challenge... Fun!
    Steve

• Scott LivingstonScott Livingston Posts: 4,340
    edited December 1969

Congratulations to the winners and everyone who participated! I enjoyed looking through the entries and seeing all the varied interpretations of the theme.

• Miss BMiss B Posts: 3,071
    edited December 1969

chohole said:
    As far as I am concerned everyone was a winner.

I have to agree Pam. This was a really nice collection of renders with some very interesting interpretations included. :coolsmile:
  • Dave SavageDave Savage Posts: 2,433
    edited December 1969

Yes, wow... really didn't expect a winning entry with the very high standard.
    Well done everyone (including Pam and the judges) Thanks for your continued effort and it's great to see the Render Challenge maintaining or even picking up it's pace with more entries...

Looking forward to the next one. :)