xurge 3D outfits

SorelSorel Posts: 1,390
edited December 1969 in The Commons

Does anyone own any of the outfits from there? They're having a 50% off sale and I've been eyeing some things for a while and was wondering how some of them auto fit to genesis 2. Also I notice they say they have flat mapping? Does that mean they have no bump maps?

Comments

• ChoholeChohole Posts: 33,604
    edited May 2014

Most of the modern ones come with normal maps as well as bump maps. adamr001 has done some free DS settings for some of the outfits.

You will find a link in this thread http://www.daz3d.com/forums/discussion/306/

I can't help with the Genesis 2 question.

Post edited by Chohole on
  • scorpioscorpio Posts: 8,366
    edited December 1969

His outfits are very well made, I usually make my own displacement maps as his are in tif format that DS doesn't read unless that changed.
    As to autofitting its the same as other things some work really well others not so, some of his stuff has raised collars and they can be tricky.
    I have quite a few of his items if there's something in particular you are interested in and I have it I'll autofit it and see how it does.

• SickleYieldSickleYield Posts: 7,631
    edited December 1969

By flat mapping he means zero-stretch UV maps; usually this means they have a lot of pieces and thus can't be easily retextured with 2D methods, but the textures that are made for them look very nice.

I recommend them highly and use them in personal renders often. While I do buy Hellfish's updates to G2 from the store whenever they appear, I've found the Gen 4 stuff autofits very well, and even better with my rigging templates.

• Lissa_xyzLissa_xyz Posts: 6,116
    edited December 1969

Check the Hellfish Studios section on Xurge's site too. Those are pre-done refits to g1/g2f/g2m for some of the outfits.

• SickleYieldSickleYield Posts: 7,631
    edited December 1969

Vaskania said:
    Check the Hellfish Studios section on Xurge's site too. Those are pre-done refits to g1/g2f/g2m for some of the outfits.

And there are DS updates to some of the texture packs, too. It's awesome.

• Salem2007Salem2007 Posts: 513
    edited December 1969

I've bought several of his stuff and Ive been very happy with it all. I haven't tried all of it with the G2 figures, but I have not had problems with the ones I have tried.

• SorelSorel Posts: 1,390
    edited December 1969

Thanks very much for the responses everyone I really appreciate it! :)

@Scorpio, I'm pretty much looking at half the m4 library lol. Some particular outfits are the Paladin, warlock, and lord of darkness.

• JOdelJOdel Posts: 6,281
    edited December 1969

Quite a few things will need going at with the polygon editor if you want the boots separate from the pants or the curasse separate from the undertunic. But upon the whole this is really good stuff.

• FSMCDesignsFSMCDesigns Posts: 12,722
    edited December 1969

JOdel said:
    Quite a few things will need going at with the polygon editor if you want the boots separate from the pants or the curasse separate from the undertunic. But upon the whole this is really good stuff.

I actually like having less parts, makes it easier to load and have more dressed figures in the scene. His Imperator for M4 outfit is one of the best Roman legion outfits i have seen, but with so many parts, it is hard to have lots of figures in the scene.

Between all the DAZ figures i have 12 of Xurge3D's outfits. He has one for Dawn that I would love to see for genesis 1 or V4.

I think it's time I pick up his Gladiator Armor for M4.

• greysgreys Posts: 335
    edited December 1969

To add to this, not only does the gen4 stuff autofit extremely well, the gen 3 stuff does as well (though you'll have to go via a second autofit to genesis with the gen 3 clones).

Here's an old example of the Armor of the Red Scroll autofit (to Genesis, since this was before G2M came out). I think I used SRMS for it, but I'm not 100%. It wasn't a hassle, in any case, and it transferred just as well from Genesis to G2.

RRRRb3.png
    1376 x 774 - 2M
  • Serene NightSerene Night Posts: 17,602
    edited May 2014

I love xurge3d's content, especially the sci-fi outfits made for gen 2. I own most of the hellfish outfits. Wish more vendors sold outfits like this. I like the fact that they are often suitable for both genders.

I prefer his gen2 garments to anything presently sold at Daz 3d

Post edited by Serene Night on
  • alexhcowleyalexhcowley Posts: 2,378
    edited December 1969

His outfits are very well made, I usually make my own displacement maps as his are in tif format that DS doesn't read unless that changed.
    As to autofitting its the same as other things some work really well others not so, some of his stuff has raised collars and they can be tricky.
    I have quite a few of his items if there's something in particular you are interested in and I have it I'll autofit it and see how it does.

Scorpio,

If you have a decent photo editor, such as Photoshop or Corel Photopaint, you should be able to convert TIFF files into JPEG format very easily.

Cheers,

Alex.

edited December 1969

Scorpio,

If you have a decent photo editor, such as Photoshop or Corel Photopaint, you should be able to convert TIFF files into JPEG format very easily.

Cheers,

Alex.

I've had trouble doing that with some of the files they seem locked somehow, I did eventually figure with most but some I just had to do them myself.

• barbultbarbult Posts: 23,927
    edited December 1969

Perhaps they were 16 bit TIFF files and you need to change them to 8 bit RGB before converting to JPEG with your editor?

edited December 1969

barbult said:
    Perhaps they were 16 bit TIFF files and you need to change them to 8 bit RGB before converting to JPEG with your editor?

Thanks I'll try that next time.

I autofited the Dark Lord armour and it didn't do very well, Gorget (Neck Piece) follows the head and neck and the Pauldrons bend oddly at the raised tips also the breast plate developed some artifacts.

The Paladin Armour (M4) faired better but the Pauldrons still warp badly they can be parented and twiddled with.

paladin_copy.jpg
    848 x 1200 - 362K
    DarkLord1_copy.jpg
    848 x 1200 - 434K
  • IppotamusIppotamus Posts: 1,579
    edited December 1969

Grr ... I swear, the Hellfish section is always sales exempt.
    *sigh of disappointment*

• SorelSorel Posts: 1,390
    edited December 1969

barbult said:

Thanks I'll try that next time.

I autofited the Dark Lord armour and it didn't do very well, Gorget (Neck Piece) follows the head and neck and the Pauldrons bend oddly at the raised tips also the breast plate developed some artifacts.

The Paladin Armour (M4) faired better but the Pauldrons still warp badly they can be parented and twiddled with.

Thank you for this. It is unfortunate about the dark lord armor, glad to know the paladin faired better. I will have to try parenting the pauldrons if I go for it.