V4 UV Set doesn't load with scene

oso11oso11 Posts: 7
edited December 1969 in The Commons

Hi,

I've installed Victoria 4 for Genesis 2 Female. If I load the G2F Figure, all works fine. I can choose the UV Set V4 from the UV Set property of the surface tab and I can apply V4 Materials previously saved as duf-file.

But if I save the scene and then load again, the textures doesn't fit anymore and the item V4 in the combo box of the UV Set property is vanished.

I just tried to de- and reinstall Victoria 4 for Gensis 2 Female, but this didn't change the situation.

Any help would be very appreciated.

Thanks a lot and kind regards

Comments

• Richard HaseltineRichard Haseltine Posts: 99,429
    edited December 1969

Did you install with DIM or manually? Did you install to the same location as the base Genesis 2 Female or to another content directory? If you look at the log file (Help>Troubleshooting>View log) immediately after loading the scene, are there any errors or warnings in the last few lines?

• oso11oso11 Posts: 7
    edited December 1969

Hi Richard,

thanks for your reply.

I've installed it with DIM.

The 'Set Victoria 4 UV.duf' file is located in the same content library as the 'Genesis 2 Base Female.duf' file (myContentLib/People/Genesis 2 Female/Genesis 2 Base Female.duf and myContentLib/People/Genesis 2 Female/Materials/Victoria 4 for Genesis 2 Female/Set Victoria 4 UV.duf)

There are warnings in the log file. Here is an extract of lines after loading the scene:

WARNING: fileinput\dzassetdaz.cpp(5112): Could not find output property for formula: GenesisFemale:/data/DAZ 3D/Genesis 2/Female/Morphs/DAZ 3D/Teen Josie/PBMWaistNarrowUpper.dsf#JosieWaist2?value in file : /data/DAZ 3D/Genesis 2/Female/Morphs/FWArt/Danika/FBMDanikaBody.dsf
    WARNING: fileinput\dzassetdaz.cpp(5112): Could not find output property for formula: GenesisFemale:/data/DAZ 3D/Genesis 2/Female/Morphs/DAZ 3D/Teen Josie/PBMWaistNarrowLower.dsf#JosieWaist?value in file : /data/DAZ 3D/Genesis 2/Female/Morphs/FWArt/Danika/FBMDanikaBody.dsf
    WARNING: fileinput\dzassetdaz.cpp(6232): Could not find node for applying UV Set!

The last line (Could not find node for applying UV Set) is repeated 182 times.

Thanks a lot for any hint.

edited December 1969

I think the last line is the significant one - the others just mean there are correction morphs in the Danika set that work with Teen Josie, and since you don't have Teen Josie they aren't going to do anything (and aren't needed, so that's fine). It does sound as if the item name is not being stored or retrieved correctly though - exactly which version of DS are you using (Help>About DAZ Studio, look at top-left of the splash screen for the full version number).

edited December 1969

I'm using Version 4.6.1.39 Pro Edition (64 bit)

I don't know if this is relevant, but when I load the Genesis 2 figure in a blank scene, the same warning (Could not find node for applying UV Set!) appears in the log file (156 times repeated). But in this case as mentioned I see the item V4 in the UV Set combo box and all seems to work fine.

edited December 1969

That's very odd. I would suggest uninstalling and reinstalling the Genesis 2 Female Starter essentials and the Victoria 4 for G2F set, but if that doesn't fix the issue you probably need to open a support ticket.

edited December 1969

Thanks a lot for your help, Richard.

I've in fact updated DS to the newest version and de- and reinstalled Genesis 2 Starter Essentials and Victoria 4 for Genesis 2 Female (as administrator) with no effect. I noticed that the odd warning message even remained after denistalling Victoria 4 for Genesis 2 Female (the warning only comes when loading the Genesis 2 figure, not when loading Genesis or a generation 4 figure).

Since I haven't found any other topic or post concerning this issue, I will make a few more experiments and if this doesn't succeed I'll follow your advice to open a support ticket.