Having Severe Problems with Sub Surface Shader Install

suzziesuzzie Posts: 6
edited December 1969 in The Commons

Have Daz 4.6 on Win 7

For 6 months I have gotten this error. It stops me from using Daz. I spend 30 minutes here / 45 minutes there and then give up and try a few months later.

/data/Age of Armour/Subsurface Shaders/AoA_Subsurface/AoA_Subsurface.dsf

I have read the newbie posts here and when they start talking about content directories and directories this and that...I cant follow it mentally.

It seems like DAZ has programs all over the place in Programs in data in applications and who knows where else.

I found the SSS program in my account like was described here previously on a thread. I located it with my 4.6 install. I did a download and install...and still nothing

Im so frustrated with this program and DAZ because of this.

Is there someone willing to walk me through this highly pervasive error problem

Thanks

Suzzoie

Comments

• KhoryKhory Posts: 3,854
    edited December 1969

Which version of studio are you using? To find out open the program. In the top bar you should see help click that then the drop down will show a list and select about DAZ Studio. A picture will pop up and in the top left corner of that it will show the version number your currently running. It is possible that your version of the sss is out of sink with the version of studio you are using.

• suzziesuzzie Posts: 6
    edited May 2014

I have version 4.6.0.18 running on Win 7 64Bit.

I was thinking I was pretty up to date.

However, I see that there is a newer release and I will download and install that tonite. My install manager didnt flag me today that there was a new update. I did a download and install manager of the Sub Surface Shader program...it seems like it took it. Still problems not finding sss.

Hope I dont loose all my characters and products when I upgrade...Im thinking I should be fine...hold my breath! LOL

Suzzie

Post edited by suzzie on
  • KhoryKhory Posts: 3,854
    edited December 1969

Upgrading the software does nothing to the already installed content in most cases. You keep saying your installing the SSS but if I recall correctly that is now part of the essentials package along with lights and the core figures. When you say not finding the SSS are you talking about trying to render a texture that has the surface settings set up with the Subsurface shader or are you talking about locating the shader base in the shaders/shader presets?

• JaderailJaderail Posts: 0
    edited December 1969

The SSS is now a standalone or comes in the Daz Studio Default Lights and Shaders package of content. If you have not installed that package you need to do so. DAZ Studio comes with 3 content packages not 2.