Suggestions for a Skin Tone Issue [SOLVED! THANKS!]

ZilvergrafixZilvergrafix Posts: 1,385
edited May 2014 in The Commons

The goal is, I want the Skintone previewed on the Rendering but its came out very opposite.
my first time with this kind of problems on my 8 years of 3D hobbyist career [??]

had this happened to you before and How you fixed it?

SKINTONEIMPOSSIBLE.jpg
1920 x 1147 - 587K
Post edited by Zilvergrafix on

Comments

• alexhcowleyalexhcowley Posts: 2,378
    edited December 1969

Which option on the surface pane have you changed? The main one that controls the skin tone is the diffuse channel.

Cheers,

Alex.

• Zev0Zev0 Posts: 7,064
    edited May 2014

You can try adding a darker grey in the diffuse colour channel for the skin groups to try and match it based on your example. Results from preview will change at render stage because it is calculating the lights in the scene and how it reacts to the characters skin shader.

Post edited by Zev0 on
  • ZilvergrafixZilvergrafix Posts: 1,385
    edited December 1969

Which option on the surface pane have you changed? The main one that controls the skin tone is the diffuse channel.

Cheers,

Alex.

not only the diffuse, the ambient plays an important role too, I'm gonna check both channels...
    edited December 1969

Zev0 said:
    You can try adding a darker grey in the diffuse colour channel for the skin groups to try and match it based on your example. Results from preview will change at render stage because it is calculating the lights in the scene and how it reacts to the characters skin shader.

Thanks for the tip, going to try your advise too.

In all my previews and renderings, never got this abrupt change of skin tone, all my works have been almost equal in terms of skin tone between preview panel and final rendering, and, if some change of tone would viewable, the difference is understandable, but not this time.

that's my jumble and why I'm confused, on past years this would be ok, but not on this time with all my experience, maybe I need to relearn the basics or maybe I'm on the bad mood of "I know all and nobody can teach me more than I know"

:shut: or is the beta building the cause of that %-P

edited May 2014

Thanks for your suggestions!, this was resolved so quickly!
    you two took me to the conclusion that I was doing wrong:

alexhcowley, the diffuse channel I sense it like OK, but indirectly you took me to check the ambient channel because I knew that is part of the final tone in my universe!, and it was on pure white at 15%, pretty enough for make drastically changes on any surface!

Zev0, changing the diffuse color on gray led me to another dark skintone, was ok but I need some chocolate skin tone, your tip took me to change not gray, but terra/brownish colors on the diffuse channel, and voila!, here is the results!

THANKS A LOT! :coolsmirk:

great.jpg
    1920 x 1052 - 497K
    Post edited by Zilvergrafix on
  • Zev0Zev0 Posts: 7,064
    edited May 2014

Cool:) I always use a darker grey just to get the right brightness level, then add a slight colour into that if it's still not right, which you have done:) Glad you got the results you wanted:)

Post edited by Zev0 on
  • NovicaNovica Posts: 23,874
    edited December 1969

BTW, if you like that skin color, if you don't own Nidale, give her a look. Her skin is a gorgeous color, and depending on the light, can really change. It looks light in the promos, but she can look African American too. Glad you got your materials fixed :)

http://www.daz3d.com/nidale

edited December 1969

Novica said:
    BTW, if you like that skin color, if you don't own Nidale, give her a look. Her skin is a gorgeous color, and depending on the light, can really change. It looks light in the promos, but she can look African American too. Glad you got your materials fixed :)

http://www.daz3d.com/nidale

Oh, she has beautiful skin tone!, thanks for the info.