Setting OpenGL render engine in a script

Hi, I'm new for DAZ. I found that the rendererList doesn't contain OpenGL. And I want to render a image by OpenGL and Iray.  Because of the lack of OpenGL, now I must save two Scene files, one for Iray and another for opengl. Is there a simple way to change Iray to OpenGL in a scene using script?

var oRenderMgr = App.getRenderMgr();var oRenderList = oRenderMgr.getRendererList()for(i=0;i<oRenderList.length;i++){	print(oRenderList[i].getName())}/* outputNVIDIA Iray3DelightScripted 3Delight*/

Comments

• algovincianalgovincian Posts: 2,576
    Xiaojing said:

Hi, I'm new for DAZ. I found that the rendererList doesn't contain OpenGL. And I want to render a image by OpenGL and Iray.  Because of the lack of OpenGL, now I must save two Scene files, one for Iray and another for opengl. Is there a simple way to change Iray to OpenGL in a scene using script?

var oRenderMgr = App.getRenderMgr();var oRenderList = oRenderMgr.getRendererList()for(i=0;i<oRenderList.length;i++){	print(oRenderList[i].getName())}/* outputNVIDIA Iray3DelightScripted 3Delight*/

You could Save As a Render Settings Preset, and then merge that preset into the scene via your script:

var oContentMgr = App.getContentMgr();
    oContentMgr.openFile("your-render-settings-preset.duf", true);

HTH.

- Greg

• XiaojingXiaojing Posts: 14

Thank you!

I found the code 

// Set the render type to 'Basic OpenGL'; aka 'ScreenShot'	oRenderOptions.renderType = DzRenderOptions.ScreenShot;

You helped me again!  I truly appreciate your timely help.

• XiaojingXiaojing Posts: 14
    Xiaojing said:

You could Save As a Render Settings Preset, and then merge that preset into the scene via your script:

var oContentMgr = App.getContentMgr();
    oContentMgr.openFile("your-render-settings-preset.duf", true);

HTH.

- Greg

Thank you for your answer! You provided another soultion for me.