Car Ranger Windows

Has anyone else used the Car Ranger and been able to remove the door windows? I can remove the trunk and its window, but the door windows don't seem connected to the door, so I can't take them out without most of the base car. Hoping someone has an idea on a parameter to change or anything.

https://www.daz3d.com/car-ranger

Comments

• Silent WinterSilent Winter Posts: 3,693

Are they a separate material zone? (in which case lower opacity to 0% would remove them). If they're part of a single material zone and made partially invisible with a transmap, you'd need to edit the transmap to make those sections 100% black.

Failing that, if they're separate polys, the geometry editor can help. alt-shift-g , use the cursor and click to select the window polygons, then right-click 'Geometry editing > delete selected polys'

• WolfwoodWolfwood Posts: 675

Try making most of the car non clickable so it does not select the car when you click the window.

Also, it the windows should be parented to the door, because both door and windows seem rigged from the images and description. Try opening the door frst, that should also help you grab only the window.

• zombietaggerungzombietaggerung Posts: 3,701

Unfortunately the side windows are not seperate bones, nor is there a morph to wind them down. You could use the geomety editor to make each side window a seperate surface, because as it is the are all on the GlassW material zone.

• LoonyLoony Posts: 1,817

You can go to the Geoeditor and find this:

Front/back doors glass, then you click on the + and create from that selection a new surface, I did try it first by manual selection but the glass have inside and outside glass, so its hard to select, better use that OR just hide the eye.

And then is it invisible. If you save the scene and reload it, all hidden surfaces are back, so its better to add them as new surface and then just set the Opacity to 0.

(btw. i used the Iray addon).

• norb82norb82 Posts: 4

Parameters - General- there are the dials to oplen the windows, open the doors, spin the wheels, everything.   You dont need any trick.

ranger Windows 1.jpg
    1580 x 638 - 245K
    ranger Windows 2.jpg
    1578 x 679 - 241K
  • SevrinSevrin Posts: 6,305

What's Included and Features

• Car Ranger (DUF):
      • Movable hoods
      • Movable cover
      • Movable gearknob
      • Movable doors
      • Movable glass
      • Movable helm
      • Movable trunk
      • Movable support
      • Movable needles
      • Movable wheels
    • Color options:
      • Blue
      • Black
      • Green
    • Driver poses for Michael 4 (PZ2) and Genesis (DUF)
  • nabob21nabob21 Posts: 957

Movable seats would also be nice.