dson crashes poser

DimeolasDimeolas Posts: 192
edited December 1969 in The Commons

...poser10 updated, latest dson etc...there have been a couple times now when I try to import a prop from my poser props menu and the dson importer comes into play and poser stops working, nothing for it but to delete it...anyone else see this?

Comments

• TheWheelManTheWheelMan Posts: 1,014
    edited December 1969

Can you name a couple of the props that have caused this? I use Poser Pro 2014 and I haven't experienced that before.

• Lissa_xyzLissa_xyz Posts: 6,116
    edited December 1969

Are you running any other Poser addons? There have been reports at RDNA about DSON crashing Poser when using other addons like Camera Panel Plus, Library Manager, Reality, etc.

• icprncssicprncss Posts: 3,694
    edited December 1969

Poser 10 is a 32 bit app. It doesn't matter if you are running it on a 64 bit OS. It still only uses 3G of RAM no matter how much you have.

The DSON importer is probably causing the dread "library lock". Try an external library manager. Shaderworks has a good one over at RDNA. Dimension3D has an excellent one as well. He sells both at Rendo and Content Paradise.

• MonerdaMonerda Posts: 11
    edited December 1969

I recently created a scene using Genesis 2 in Poser 10. I saved it as a scene and now when I open the scene, DSON runs for a while but the poses and skin textures do not get applied to the figure. If I try to delete the figure so I can rebuild the scene, Poser crashes. There are no entries in the log window. I of course do get Apple's crash report with stack trace. Poser 10 is at SR 3.1

• TalonGETalonGE Posts: 0
    edited December 1969

Similar issue,... people keep asking, "why do you still use V4?",... well, its because the DSON importer doesn't work for crap and I wouldn't touch DS with a ten meter cattle prod.

Here's the problem. Everything installed properly, let's not waste time on that discussion. Load one figure (doesn't matter what,... Gen2 female, Epic wings, etc),... once its loaded with its goofy outline default view, the library will lock up and nothing else can be done with the figure. No morphs, no textures, nothing. Save the file, close Poser and restart,... and as soon as the figure loads into the scene, the library gets locked up again.

So, this is why I refuse to buy anything new for V5, V6 etc.

• icprncssicprncss Posts: 3,694
    edited December 1969

You are getting what I call Library Lock. The library locks up and you can't do anything besides exit the app. If you are using the embedded Flash library, you can try changing to external library that uses Adobe Air. Do this in the general prefs.

If you have already done that, they try an external library manager. Shaderworks has advanced library 2 (the store is down until the 25th for updating) or Dimension3D's which can be found and Rendo or CP.

• kyoto kidkyoto kid Posts: 40,940
    edited December 1969

....I always questioned why SM chose to use Adobe Flash/Air for displaying Poser library content. It is unstable and can be a security risk.

If the CMS breaks down in Daz, I can always change my content tab to the basic tree format to find and load content. A little more of a bother but I at least can continue working.