Zbrush Hair

stu sutcliffestu sutcliffe Posts: 274
edited December 1969 in Carrara Discussion

Anyone know if you can export Zbrush fibers to Carrara in any way shape or form?

Comments

• 3DAGE3DAGE Posts: 3,311
    edited December 1969

Hi Stu :)

I know Mech4D has done some "figure" hair, made using Z-brush ,. (I believe they're exported to OBJ)

if I remember correctly, the "Huntsman" (Character) and there's a "Wizard" with a beard, and possibly more....
    so, yes, as far as I know it's possible to export as obj

Hope it helps :)

Andy

• stu sutcliffestu sutcliffe Posts: 274
    edited December 1969

Thanks, I will look into it a bit more.

• wetcircuitwetcircuit Posts: 0
    edited May 2014

I think she posted videos of some of those zbrush hairs on youtube....

I guess she went through DS to make it a "figure"?
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TTXlVFin6kc

Post edited by wetcircuit on
  • stu sutcliffestu sutcliffe Posts: 274
    edited December 1969

Thanks H.
    Not sure I understood any of that vid... though thru general poking about the internet I think the z hair can be exported as OBJ but I figure it would be a large model, and may make Carrara a bit unwieldy.

I'm just re assessing my CG life at the moment . I love the sculpting bit in 3dcoat but recently there as been too many stumbling blocks thrown in front of me when it comes to getting the sculpt to Carrara for render. I threw in the towel today!
    I've been hovering around Zbrush for a while,maybe time to crack open the piggy bank......at least you only have to buy it once.

• Design AcrobatDesign Acrobat Posts: 459
    edited May 2014

Thanks H.
    Not sure I understood any of that vid... though thru general poking about the internet I think the z hair can be exported as OBJ but I figure it would be a large model, and may make Carrara a bit unwieldy.

I'm just re assessing my CG life at the moment . I love the sculpting bit in 3dcoat but recently there as been too many stumbling blocks thrown in front of me when it comes to getting the sculpt to Carrara for render. I threw in the towel today!
    I've been hovering around Zbrush for a while,maybe time to crack open the piggy bank......at least you only have to buy it once.

Here the ZClassroom on Fibermesh if you haven't seen them.

http://pixologic.com/zclassroom/homeroom/lesson/fibermesh/

Digital Tutors has a Zbrush design class making long and short hair (paid tutorials).

Post edited by Design Acrobat on