Mature Lady - Joanie HD - Render & Questions/Comments Thread [Commercial]

Fred Winkler ArtFred Winkler Art Posts: 795
edited May 2014 in The Commons

Hi All.... my latest "girl" is in the store now. http://www.daz3d.com/fw-joanie-hd
This time I did something a bit different and wanted to create a more mature lady, but not old old, but just more mature, like mid to late 50s kind of range.
She is created using the HD technology, which means that the actual aging mainly comes from the morph, and therefore you can use many skins and still create the great look.
There is also a set of pearls that comes with her, which were created by the fantastic Fisty.
Hope you like her and of course any renders, comments and/or questions can be posted here.
Happy rendering
Fred

01-fw-joanie-hd-daz3d.jpg
1000 x 1300 - 901K
06-fw-joanie-hd-daz3d.jpg
1000 x 1300 - 895K
00-main-fw-joanie-hd-daz3d.jpg
1000 x 1300 - 992K
Post edited by Fred Winkler Art on

Comments

• Fred Winkler ArtFred Winkler Art Posts: 795
    edited December 1969

And not to forget... here are her pearls :)

07-fw-joanie-hd-daz3d.jpg
    1000 x 1300 - 1M
  • TotteTotte Posts: 13,882
    edited December 1969

yes yes!
    Bringer her on! I've used Franscesca and Lola for V4 way to much and Bellatrix, need more middle aged women ;-)

• Serene NightSerene Night Posts: 17,608
    edited December 1969

Yep. Definitely will buy.

• Scott LivingstonScott Livingston Posts: 4,340
    edited December 1969

She looks great! Characters in this age range are sorely needed.

edited May 2014

Thanks :), glad you like her, really felt the middle aged women are getting forgotten a lot, so I thought why not. So hopefully you'll like her when she's out. I spend a long time looking at loads of references, so I hope I did her justice :)

• Thadeus72Thadeus72 Posts: 408
    edited December 1969

great character !

i will buy her !

• Carola OCarola O Posts: 3,823
    edited December 1969

Lovely as always Fred, can't wait to see her :) and those pearls.. darn it Fisty, I want those in my own jewelry box *grins*

• Kismet2012Kismet2012 Posts: 4,252
    edited December 1969

Carola O said:
    Lovely as always Fred, can't wait to see her :) and those pearls.. darn it Fisty, I want those in my own jewelry box *grins*

Who doesn't want a nice set of pearls in their jewelery box?

Another winner by the look of things.

edited December 1969

Thanks for your comments, really happy you like her. I was a bit worried to do something a bit out of my norm, so it is great to hear that you like her.
    and yep Carola, Fisty did a great job with those, that's why she's the bling queen ;)

• luci45luci45 Posts: 2,738
    edited May 2014

Really nice! I would rather not have the puffy lips (not too many middle-aged Caucasian women have lips like unless they've had lip injections) but I would buy it.

Post edited by luci45 on
  • Aave NainenAave Nainen Posts: 1,108
    edited December 1969

She looks great........but perhaps like she's had "some work" done :) I'm hoping you'll add in the option for a few more wrinkles especially in the neck/throat area!

edited December 1969

Thanks for your comments, as for the lips, I did have her with thinner lips before, just didn't really look right, through off her face, well the look I wanted anyway, however they can be easily made thinner and less puffy by using the head morphs by dialling some thinner lips in. I know it still looks ok, just wasn't what I wanted to achieve here, so I made them a bit bigger again.
    As for the wrinkles, nope, that's it... she'll be out too soon to add anything extra, I tried to be really careful when doing it not to make her look too old and wrinkly, but still enough. Was quite a tough call to be honest, cause if you do too much, she falls into the older category, but too subtle she then looks younger again, so I used a lot of different references, including personal family photos to make sure I got the right amount of wrinkles. But I may do a slightly older lady at some point where i'll be adding more wrinkles :)

• MistaraMistara Posts: 38,675
    edited December 1969

she looks awesome.

i just finished watching the Detective Foyle series, she's the type high in my mind right now, too. :)

• jade monkeyjade monkey Posts: 111
    edited December 1969

she's lovely! so nice to see an older character that isn't "ancient". she looks classy and elegant, and nice pearls, too.

edited May 2014

Thanks Misty, glad you like her, looking forward to seeing your creations come to life with her ;)

And thanks Jade, yeah that was my plan, didn't want to have her too old again, as there are a few really old ones out there already, but I felt this middle aged group seems to have disappeared more and more.

• BeeMKayBeeMKay Posts: 7,018
    edited December 1969

She looks really nice! The middle aged really is understaffed in the virtual world, so thank you very much for this product! :-D
    (and the shameless question is - will there be a middle aged guy morph, too? :-))

edited December 1969

Thanks for your message, I am glad you like her, and as for the middle aged guy, he's on my to-do list, which is still endless, but he's on there, so the answer is yes, just don't know exactly when yet :)

• Sfariah DSfariah D Posts: 26,140
    edited December 1969

She looks fabulous. She could be a great mum and grandma to the preschoolers.

• FistyFisty Posts: 3,416
    edited December 1969

Just showing what can be done.. most of the time necklaces like this are props because it's easier, like hours and hours of work easier for the creator. Unfortunately it means getting a good fit when you're using them much harder. This necklace is a conforming figure so it auto follows the pose and the morphs. I made >20< JCMs for it so it would bend nicely without the pearls getting hopelessly mangled. This is a very troublesome pose for necklaces, it's not 100% perfect but it's very close, with no fiddling or adjustment needed - load and render.

JoaniePearls.jpg
    900 x 900 - 298K
  • NovicaNovica Posts: 23,874
    edited May 2014

FWArt said:
    Thanks for your comments, as for the lips, I did have her with thinner lips before, just didn't really look right, through off her face, well the look I wanted anyway, however they can be easily made thinner and less puffy by using the head morphs by dialling some thinner lips in. I know it still looks ok, just wasn't what I wanted to achieve here, so I made them a bit bigger again.

The problem with that is that women's lips thin a lot in their 50's. It looks unrealistic and if realism is what you wanted, the lips ruin it. However, as you said, dialing in thinner lips is a nice option to solve that- but for realism, why not go for the thin lips and let people dial in bigger lips?

Other than that, her skin and facial features are just plain awesome. Very nice job! I appreciate that this isn't just another babe that looks like all the other botox babes that have been released in the last year. This woman has character!

Post edited by Novica on
    edited December 1969

Fisty said:
    Just showing what can be done.. most of the time necklaces like this are props because it's easier, like hours and hours of work easier for the creator. Unfortunately it means getting a good fit when you're using them much harder. This necklace is a conforming figure so it auto follows the pose and the morphs. I made >20< JCMs for it so it would bend nicely without the pearls getting hopelessly mangled. This is a very troublesome pose for necklaces, it's not 100% perfect but it's very close, with no fiddling or adjustment needed - load and render.

Great render Fisty, it's a cool set of pearls, and may I also say... that the pearls, the knots in between and the metal all has separate material zones, which means you can use different stones on it. here I added Eve's skin texture, with some of her morph to Joanie, and used a tiger-eye stone for the pearls.

08-fw-joanie-hd-daz3d.jpg
    1000 x 1300 - 973K
  • SorelSorel Posts: 1,390
    edited May 2014

She looks lovely Fred :)

Post edited by Sorel on
  • SabbySabby Posts: 108
    edited May 2014

To be honest I think she's wonderful. And I don't see her as older woman I see her more as a woman in her late 30's perhaps early 40's -- Still young and beautiful but with more of a realistic touch, less face it, I'm 34 and I've got these fine lines and under eye issues... LOL

I also have several friends in this age group with thicker lips <- I am envious because mine are thin. :( </p>

She's great, you did a fabulous job with her.

Post edited by Sabby on
  • BurstAngelBurstAngel Posts: 761
    edited December 1969

This is a great representation of middle aged woman. If you ever decide to do another under represented age group, I'm always looking for women in their 30's and 40's. Sexy but mature.

• BurstAngelBurstAngel Posts: 761
    edited December 1969

Sabby said:
    To be honest I think she's wonderful. And I don't see her as older woman I see her more as a woman in her late 30's perhaps early 40's -- Still young and beautiful but with more of a realistic touch, less face it, I'm 34 and I've got these fine lines and under eye issues... LOL

I also have several friends in this age group with thicker lips <- I am envious because mine are thin. :( </p>

She's great, you did a fabulous job with her.

LOL, I'm 38 and I do not have as many wrinkles as Joanie. With makeup, I can look even look 10 yrs. younger. The only sign of age I have are greys in my black hair.

• FistyFisty Posts: 3,416
    edited December 1969

LOL, I'm 38 and I do not have as many wrinkles as Joanie. With makeup, I can look even look 10 yrs. younger. The only sign of age I have are greys in my black hair.

Yeah, I'm 40 and regularly get mistaken for younger than my husband, and he's 27. The grey hairs drive me nuts though.. I do have a few lines around my eyes now but my glasses hide them if you don't look too closely.

• ZamuelNowZamuelNow Posts: 753
    edited December 1969

FWArt said:
    Thanks for your comments, really happy you like her. I was a bit worried to do something a bit out of my norm, so it is great to hear that you like her.

I find that to be an interesting assessment of your ability. I explicitly think of you as the vendor who does more than just Caucasian characters and has a variance of body types so it doesn't seem out of your norm at all. She looks good and this does fit a needed niche.

edited December 1969

ZamuelNow said:
    FWArt said:

I find that to be an interesting assessment of your ability. I explicitly think of you as the vendor who does more than just Caucasian characters and has a variance of body types so it doesn't seem out of your norm at all. She looks good and this does fit a needed niche.

Thanks for that, well I do like to try and offer as much variety as I can achieve. So I am really happy you like her. This was a bit of a challenge though, because I didn't want to do the wrinkles with displacements or just on the texture, but I am glad with how it turned out, so thanks for your comment

Thanks also to everyone else for all your kind words :)

• DkgooseDkgoose Posts: 1,451
    edited December 1969

she looks great, she kind of reminds me of Mary from 3rd Rock in the Sun in the one render Fisty did

• kurisu2112kurisu2112 Posts: 198
    edited May 2014

In store and bought.

Need to wait till tonight to play.

edit She would have been bought if I could get her into the cart.

Post edited by kurisu2112 on