Mature Lady - Joanie HD - Render & Questions/Comments Thread [Commercial]

Comments

• nobody1954nobody1954 Posts: 933
    edited December 1969

I'm ready to buy. Superbly done. Good to see "interesting older women" entering the market. Hopefully, we will also see some interesting older men in the near future.

• cecilia.robinsoncecilia.robinson Posts: 2,208
    edited December 1969

Fred, you are fantastic! You know you're definitely my favourite Gen2M vendor, but this one is another perfect shot. You're filling a great niche.

PS Quoting Simon and Garfunkel stole my heart instantly :P.

• JabbaJabba Posts: 1,460
    edited December 1969

Thank you, thank you thank you!

We've been needing mature glamour for so long, a most welcome addition to the genepool.

• Fred Winkler ArtFred Winkler Art Posts: 795
    edited December 1969

Thanks all for your great comments, really hope you have loads of fun with her. :)

edited December 1969

FWArt said:
    Thanks all for your great comments, really hope you have loads of fun with her. :)

Oh yes, I cannot wait to get her - at some point since the wallet hates me for all 3D... :P

Perhaps we need Dustin Hoffmann now to complete the picture? "The Graduate", eh? And, even more importangly, Joe DiMaggio...

By the way, it would be fantastic if, since it looks like you're a fellow S&G fan, you could release a series of characters inspired by their songs. So, it would certainly include Kathy, Peggy-O, Cecilia, Mrs Riordan... A lot of work!

edited December 1969

FWArt said:

Oh yes, I cannot wait to get her - at some point since the wallet hates me for all 3D... :P

Perhaps we need Dustin Hoffmann now to complete the picture? "The Graduate", eh? And, even more importangly, Joe DiMaggio...

By the way, it would be fantastic if, since it looks like you're a fellow S&G fan, you could release a series of characters inspired by their songs. So, it would certainly include Kathy, Peggy-O, Cecilia, Mrs Riordan... A lot of work!

lol yeah a lot of work... ;)
    I do want to do a more mature guy at some point soon, so Joanie has someone to play with.... but like your thinking there with Dustin. Just kept having that song in my head while creating her. lol

• Serene NightSerene Night Posts: 17,608
    edited December 1969

She reminds me of Skully from X-Files.

edited December 1969

Yeah I see where you're coming from. Haven't watched that show in ages, but really liked it at the time...
    though it wasn't based on her at all, I do see the similarities.

edited December 1969

FWArt said:
    FWArt said:

lol yeah a lot of work... ;)
    I do want to do a more mature guy at some point soon, so Joanie has someone to play with.... but like your thinking there with Dustin. Just kept having that song in my head while creating her. lol

The HD option seems perfect for retired couples - you know, wrinkles, callouses and so on. The beauty of true anatomy, I'd say. I'll stay tuned!

• FSMCDesignsFSMCDesigns Posts: 12,726
    edited December 1969

I can't see it, maybe Gillian Anderson's mom though, LOL.

I have no personal use for older characters, but looks like some quality work and from the responses here, seems it will do well for you. Wishlisted in case I ever get a project that needs an older character.
    Keep up the great work!

• FistyFisty Posts: 3,416
    edited December 1969

http://youtu.be/om7aUNZQVpQ?t=18s

• barbultbarbult Posts: 24,010
    edited December 1969

I've become a fan of your characters, and I own several of them. Dan is still probably my favorite. I'm on the fence about this one, though. I'm with the group that finds that the lips detract from the realism. So if you make another older figure, perhaps you could concentrate on making that area different (thinner, less pouty) for variety. Or, if you could show a render with other lip morphs dialed in, you might draw in additional sales from those of us hesitating over the lips.

• CbirdCbird Posts: 493
    edited December 1969

Love this character! We need more women in this age range. Has anyone done a face pic without HD? I'd like to use her in Carrara where HD won't work.

• TangoAlphaTangoAlpha Posts: 4,584
    edited December 1969

Cbird said:
    Love this character! We need more women in this age range. Has anyone done a face pic without HD? I'd like to use her in Carrara where HD won't work.

Thank you Cbird - you've just saved me wasting my money. (I'm a Carrara user) Shame, cos it's an interesting character.

edited December 1969

Here ya go..

Sorry for the fast uninspired renders, in the middle of rigging the next project..

JoanieExamples.jpg
    1800 x 603 - 430K
  • BeeMKayBeeMKay Posts: 7,018
    edited May 2014

Here's a really, really quick Carrara render. I loaded the HD version, there are no other changes except for adding a pose and clothes.

Jo.jpg
    2000 x 2000 - 152K
    Post edited by BeeMKay on
  • Velvet GoblinVelvet Goblin Posts: 532
    edited December 1969

This looks like an awesome character. I thought I had enough characters, but then this one appeared and, well, obviously I was wrong. I need her in my runtime. :) Will be buying as soon as I've refilled the old card.

edited December 1969

lee_lhs said:
    Here's a really, really quick Carrara render. I loaded the HD version, there are no other changes except for adding a pose and clothes.

I'm glad the bikini auto fit her okay, it's kinda picky. There's a morph in the top to move the buckle forward to get rid of that little bit of poke-through/

• Sfariah DSfariah D Posts: 26,140
    edited December 1969

I will be getting her tonight or tomorrow. She is a must. Is there any male equivalent for g2m?

• CbirdCbird Posts: 493
    edited December 1969

Sold :)
    Really appreciate you taking the time to do these.

Fisty said:
    Here ya go..

Sorry for the fast uninspired renders, in the middle of rigging the next project..

• nobody1954nobody1954 Posts: 933
    edited December 1969

I agree with Sabby, she doesn't look that old, and is a fantastic character. Thank you, thank you, thank you.

conversation.png
    1186 x 581 - 666K
  • j cadej cade Posts: 2,310
    edited December 1969

I really like her. However old anyone thinks she looks, she definitely helps fill the niche (more like chasm) between airbrushed 20 year old and weather-worn grandmother. I really hope everyone on the fence buys this; making the lips thinner is a super easy adjustment (one dial spin won't kill you), and this is the kind of character we want to encourage. I'll probably end up partially dialing the character into a bunch of other morphs just for the Nasolabial fold because its currently nigh-impossible to get a distinctive line there currently.

edited December 1969

Kamion99 said:
    I really like her. However old anyone thinks she looks, she definitely helps fill the niche (more like chasm) between airbrushed 20 year old and weather-worn grandmother. I really hope everyone on the fence buys this; making the lips thinner is a super easy adjustment (one dial spin won't kill you), and this is the kind of character we want to encourage. I'll probably end up partially dialing the character into a bunch of other morphs just for the Nasolabial fold because its currently nigh-impossible to get a distinctive line there currently.

Thanks so much for your comment, it really means a lot. I do hope that this age range will get more supported over time, it's one thing I found was lacking with V4, Genesis and so I thought why not make sure it's here for Genesis 2. I really want to do more ladies and gents in that age group, so your support, and in fact everyone here who already has given their support for her, helps to show this is a market that needs being catered for a lot more. As for the Nasolabial fold, I made sure I added it in both the base morph and the HD, so it will still show even without HD.

thanks again to everyone for your support and I really hope you're getting many great renders out of her. :)

edited December 1969

I agree with Sabby, she doesn't look that old, and is a fantastic character. Thank you, thank you, thank you.

Thanks for that, and great render, glad you found her helpful and she looks fab in that scene :)

• AristocAristoc Posts: 254
    edited May 2014

I wanted to compare a slightly older lady , Lola, that I like but I wish she was genesis 2 instead of V4.
    Also Joanie reminded me of an actress, Mireille Enos from World War Z.

book3.jpg
    239 x 308 - 44K
    book2.jpg
    354 x 455 - 117K
    book.jpg
    357 x 461 - 112K
    Post edited by Aristoc on
  • Kismet2012Kismet2012 Posts: 4,252
    edited December 1969

I tried to use the pearls in a render and had a problem. I haven't seen anyone else mention this issue but I don't know if that is because I am the only one having this problem or because no one else has tried to use the pearls yet.

I loaded Joanie. Had her selected. Added the pearls. When I move her to a new location 2 of the pearls seemed to be locked at the default load location.

Any ideas what might be happening?

Joanies_Pearl_Neckalce.jpg
    1060 x 1500 - 534K
    edited December 1969

I tried to use the pearls in a render and had a problem. I haven't seen anyone else mention this issue but I don't know if that is because I am the only one having this problem or because no one else has tried to use the pearls yet.

I loaded Joanie. Had her selected. Added the pearls. When I move her to a new location 2 of the pearls seemed to be locked at the default load location.

That's very odd, I can't say I've seen that before, I am sure Fisty may know more when she spots this, but it does seem a bit weird to be honest. have you tried restarting DS at all, I know sometimes that plays up and can cause issues.

• Kismet2012Kismet2012 Posts: 4,252
    edited December 1969

FWArt said:

That's very odd, I can't say I've seen that before, I am sure Fisty may know more when she spots this, but it does seem a bit weird to be honest. have you tried restarting DS at all, I know sometimes that plays up and can cause issues.

I probably should have mentioned I was using the DAZ Studio 4.6 Public Build. I just tested this in DAZ Studio 4.6 Pro and this did not happen.

I did restart DAZ Studio 4.6 Public Build and it was still there.

edited December 1969

I have absolutely no idea.. I don't "upgrade" until a build has been live in my account for download for a while and at least several people have told me that it's not terribly broken 'cause I can't afford to have more issues than DS normally has disrupting my ability to feed my family. The pearls were made and saved in 4.6.2.118. I'm betting if these are having issues in the beta build that they're by far not the only things that will, perhaps post in the beta thread and see if anyone else is having problems.. that build shouldn't go live if it's doing that and they should be told about it.

edited May 2014

FWArt said:

I probably should have mentioned I was using the DAZ Studio 4.6 Public Build. I just tested this in DAZ Studio 4.6 Pro and this did not happen.

I did restart DAZ Studio 4.6 Public Build and it was still there.

Well it's getting odder... but I know the pearls were used by a group of promo people before, so they should work in all the DS releases, so no idea to be honest. Fisty is your girl for this, but just to let you know she's in the middle of some very fiddly work right now, so it may be a little while before she has the chance to look into this. though knowing her, she wont forget about it, so as much as i want to help, i can't myself, but i have no doubt she'll be able to. She's the bling queen after all ;)

edit: she (Fisty) was faster than me lol

Post edited by Fred Winkler Art on