Mature Lady - Joanie HD - Render & Questions/Comments Thread [Commercial]

13»

Comments

• Kismet2012Kismet2012 Posts: 4,252
    edited December 1969

Fisty said:
    I have absolutely no idea.. I don't "upgrade" until a build has been live in my account for download for a while and at least several people have told me that it's not terribly broken 'cause I can't afford to have more issues than DS normally has disrupting my ability to feed my family. The pearls were made and saved in 4.6.2.118. I'm betting if these are having issues in the beta build that they're by far not the only things that will, perhaps post in the beta thread and see if anyone else is having problems.. that build shouldn't go live if it's doing that and they should be told about it.

I will do that.

• JabbaJabba Posts: 1,460
    edited December 1969

Mutton dressed as... oops, i mean Joanie dressed as Phoebe :-P

Joanie_wears_Phoebe.jpg
    1600 x 1280 - 866K
  • FistyFisty Posts: 3,416
    edited December 1969

Oh I love that!

• Fred Winkler ArtFred Winkler Art Posts: 795
    edited December 1969

Jabba101 said:
    Mutton dressed as... oops, i mean Joanie dressed as Phoebe :-P

oh I love it. funny enough I played with the phoebe outfit when morphing her because I wanted to have some fun, so nice to see someone else having done the same :)

edited December 1969

Joanie Portrait

Joanie.png
    1500 x 1500 - 3M
  • ZamuelNowZamuelNow Posts: 753
    edited December 1969

I find the discussion on lips interesting. I think it varies a lot per woman since I've seen older women with full lips. It probably fluctuates some with ethnicity and overall weight.

• StargazeyStargazey Posts: 244
    edited December 1969

I really like her. I've been looking for a more mature figure for quite a while. Here's my first render.

Joanie_on_the_beach-01_copy.jpg
    800 x 600 - 339K
  • DAZ_SpookyDAZ_Spooky Posts: 3,100
    edited December 1969

I tried to use the pearls in a render and had a problem. I haven't seen anyone else mention this issue but I don't know if that is because I am the only one having this problem or because no one else has tried to use the pearls yet.

I loaded Joanie. Had her selected. Added the pearls. When I move her to a new location 2 of the pearls seemed to be locked at the default load location.

Any ideas what might be happening?

Can you please file a ticket on this, complete with the DUF file that does this. I can't make it happen.
    edited December 1969

I tried to use the pearls in a render and had a problem. I haven't seen anyone else mention this issue but I don't know if that is because I am the only one having this problem or because no one else has tried to use the pearls yet.

I loaded Joanie. Had her selected. Added the pearls. When I move her to a new location 2 of the pearls seemed to be locked at the default load location.

Can you please file a ticket on this, complete with the DUF file that does this. I can't make it happen.

I am at work right now but will do so when I get home.

• DAZ_SpookyDAZ_Spooky Posts: 3,100
    edited December 1969

I am at work right now but will do so when I get home.Thanks

• Carola OCarola O Posts: 3,823
    edited December 1969

Finally I got my pic with Joanie finished :) hope you like it Fred and Fisty! Made this one for the Monthly PC contest, Joanie just felt right for the occassion and I wanted to play with a more mature lady for the love interest in the song *grins* Oh and the man is FW Jason with a few aging morphs :)

Song - Lady in Red

Singer: Chris De Burgh

Lyrics:

I've never seen you looking so lovely as you did tonight
    I've never seen you shine so bright
    I've never seen so many men ask you if you wanted to dance
    They're looking for a little romance, give'em half a chance
    And I've never seen that dress you're wearing
    Or that highlights in your hair that catch your eyes, I have been blind

The lady in red is dancing with me cheek to cheek
    There's nobody here, it's just you and me, it's where I wanna be
    But I hardly know this beauty by my side
    I'll never forget the way you look tonight

I've never seen you looking so gorgeous as you did tonight
    I've never seen you shine so bright, you were amazing
    I've never seen so many people want to be there by your side
    And when you turned to me and smiled it took my breath away
    And I have never had such a feeling
    Such a feeling of complete and utter love, as I do tonight

Well I hardly know this beauty by my side

I never will forget the way you look tonight
    The lady in red, my lady in red
    My lady in red, my lady in red
    I love you

song-ladyinred.jpg
    1230 x 1600 - 320K
    edited December 1969

I am at work right now but will do so when I get home.Thanks

Support ticket has been submitted.

edited December 1969

Carola O said:
    Finally I got my pic with Joanie finished :) hope you like it Fred and Fisty! Made this one for the Monthly PC contest, Joanie just felt right for the occassion and I wanted to play with a more mature lady for the love interest in the song *grins* Oh and the man is FW Jason with a few aging morphs :)

Song - Lady in Red

Singer: Chris De Burgh

Lyrics:

I've never seen you looking so lovely as you did tonight
    I've never seen you shine so bright
    I've never seen so many men ask you if you wanted to dance
    They're looking for a little romance, give'em half a chance
    And I've never seen that dress you're wearing
    Or that highlights in your hair that catch your eyes, I have been blind

But I hardly know this beauty by my side

I've never seen you looking so gorgeous as you did tonight
    I've never seen you shine so bright, you were amazing
    I've never seen so many people want to be there by your side
    And when you turned to me and smiled it took my breath away
    And I have never had such a feeling
    Such a feeling of complete and utter love, as I do tonight

Well I hardly know this beauty by my side

I never will forget the way you look tonight
    The lady in red, my lady in red
    My lady in red, my lady in red
    I love you

Lovely render Carola. I love this song.

edited December 1969

Thanks Kismet .) Yeah it is a lovely song, a classic love song in my opinion

edited December 1969

wow just saw all the great renders. I love them. and Carola, hope you do well with your entry, certainly a stunning render.

edited December 1969

Thanks Fred :)

• Scott LivingstonScott Livingston Posts: 4,340
    edited December 1969

Here's my first effort with Joanie...I used her skin, morphs, and HD morphs at full strength, plus added several other morphs. I can share the formula if anyone is curious.

Really enjoying all the renders in this thread...great work everyone. And thanks FWArt and Fisty for such an interesting character!

By the way, I was using the public beta (4.6.3.29) and did run into the same issue with the pearls that Kismet2012 had encountered. Saved the scene, opened it in the full release (4.6.2.120) and they worked fine. Not a big deal...the beta is, after all, a beta...but I thought I'd mention it.

queenjoan1b.jpg
    927 x 1200 - 775K
    edited December 1969

Here's my first effort with Joanie...I used her skin, morphs, and HD morphs at full strength, plus added several other morphs. I can share the formula if anyone is curious.

Really enjoying all the renders in this thread...great work everyone. And thanks FWArt and Fisty for such an interesting character!

By the way, I was using the public beta (4.6.3.29) and did run into the same issue with the pearls that Kismet2012 had encountered. Saved the scene, opened it in the full release (4.6.2.120) and they worked fine. Not a big deal...the beta is, after all, a beta...but I thought I'd mention it.

Glad I wasn't the only one. Lovely render Scott.

• DkgooseDkgoose Posts: 1,451
    edited May 2014

I posted this image in the thread for Gisselle but figured I'd post it here too, here is Gisselle with Joanie HD set to full

image.jpg
    500 x 650 - 115K
    Post edited by Dkgoose on
    edited December 1969

dkgoose said:
    I posted this image in the thread for Gisselle but figured I'd post it here too, here is Gisselle with Joanie HD set to full

this is very cool, at least now we know what Giselle will look like when she's older. very well done, I love it

• whispers65whispers65 Posts: 952
    edited December 1969

Maybe I missed it but what hair and dresses were used in the promos? I don't seem to have anything appropriate for an older lady to wear.

thanks.

edited December 1969

I used the Portia Hair 2 http://www.daz3d.com/portia-hair-2 in a few and the hair from the Pearl Character http://www.daz3d.com/pearl-character-and-hair
    as for outfits, the Frivolous Forties and add ons work well: http://www.daz3d.com/catalogsearch/result/?q=Frivolous+Forties also used the Taylor Dress in a couple of images I believe http://www.daz3d.com/taylor-dress

• whispers65whispers65 Posts: 952
    edited December 1969

Thank you very much! She made a nice addition to my "Teacher" characters.

• AristocAristoc Posts: 254
    edited December 1969

Got Joannie a few days ago and I am really glad I did. I like the HD off option as well as the button that says to one click for all options. something like that.
    She has rendered really well for me right out of the box. And the pearls, pearl earing etc are a great added touch. Even with HD on, it rendered almost as quickly for me in the same scene. So far i have used Portia hair on her. Great options on the jenz too. I would look for more like this in your shop. Thanks!

edited December 1969

Thanks for your great feedback, I am really glad you like it. funny enough you mentioned the HD off option, as for my latest one I added an HD on option as well as some people asked for it. :)
    Thanks again and hope you have a great time rendering her. :)

edited December 1969

Ooh what's the new character going tobe with the HD option :)

edited December 1969

dkgoose said:
    Ooh what's the new character going tobe with the HD option :)

can't say yet unfortunately, because it's a bigger project. though my next boy coming out will have an on option as well :)

edited December 1969

Oh awesome, i can't wait

• barbultbarbult Posts: 24,010
    edited December 1969

I just got Joanie HD in a recent sale. I really like her. The HD morphs and texture are very well done. She exceeded my expectation. Here I rendered her in the DAZ Studio 4.8 Beta Iray renderer. I used the River Road HDRI from HDRI-Hub.com for the lighting. It is free, released under Creative Commons Attribution 3.0 Unported License. Based on a work at www.hdri-hub.com here.

Joanie_HD_Iray.jpg
    1236 x 1600 - 1M