The Wakeful Brain Complaint Thread

Comments

• JaderailJaderail Posts: 0
    edited December 1969

Kyoto Kid said:
    A cool thing this pub does is allow home brewers to use their facilities to make up a batch for their "Coalator" programme. I was considering it this year and planned to make my infamous OktoberFist (a strong dark ale with an .abv of 8.5%), but the impending move kind of pulled the plug on that idea. This is why I want to find another converted house, preferably another half cellar or ground floor flat so I can get back into brewing again. It's not cheap, mind you and a lot of work but like my cooking, it is relaxing and rewarding in a way that money cannot hope to express.
    I will not tell you the last thing I brewed here. Let's just say it was well over 8.5% proof and needed a charred oak keg to store it in. I do not do that anymore, honest. ;-P
  • ps1borgps1borg Posts: 12,776
    edited August 2012

Wants to see if big images load properly like Rezca's draggy did. Erm no.... *wonders what's going on with that*

roomLsml.jpg
    800 x 335 - 131K
    Post edited by ps1borg on
  • WoolyloachWoolyloach Posts: 0
    edited December 1969

PPro installed, content installed, current library moved to the i5, DS4.5 installed, content manager beaten into submission. still haven't done a test render! 8-/ Geesh!

Got a pile of new music off Amazon to listen to whilst I render and write, though! And stripping down the Asus fixed my RAM usage and CPU consumption problems, apparently something had installed a pile of background services - now all removed. I'm pretty happy so far.

Set up a homegroup and now both Scylla and Charybdis are on it, they can talk and share files, which will make some things easier, as far as getting renders online - since I'm using Charybdis as my Web machine.

Taking a break, then a movie, then I think early to bed as tomorrow somes WAY too early. :ahhh:

• SkirikiSkiriki Posts: 4,975
    edited December 1969

Jaderail said:
    I will not tell you the last thing I brewed here. Let's just say it was well over 8.5% proof and needed a charred oak keg to store it in. I do not do that anymore, honest. ;-P

That is what we call as "tears of a fir tree in wilderness".

edited December 1969

PPro installed, content installed, current library moved to the i5, DS4.5 installed, content manager beaten into submission. still haven't done a test render! 8-/ Geesh!

Got a pile of new music off Amazon to listen to whilst I render and write, though! And stripping down the Asus fixed my RAM usage and CPU consumption problems, apparently something had installed a pile of background services - now all removed. I'm pretty happy so far.

Set up a homegroup and now both Scylla and Charybdis are on it, they can talk and share files, which will make some things easier, as far as getting renders online - since I'm using Charybdis as my Web machine.

Taking a break, then a movie, then I think early to bed as tomorrow somes WAY too early. :ahhh:

ONly been at work an hour and a half and needing a break already, gosh it is sunny outside today...

edited December 1969

Skiriki said:
    That is what we call as "tears of a fir tree in wilderness".
    We have many names for it here. But truthfully I do not have a safe place to do a run anymore. Way to many new houses all over the place that were not here 10 years ago.
  • Sfariah DSfariah D Posts: 26,104
    edited December 1969

I had a lazy day. Probably my last chance for a while.

edited December 1969

Lazy is good. But arghhh, no more lazy days for me for a while :)

• kyoto kidkyoto kid Posts: 40,930
    edited December 1969

Jaderail said:
    Kyoto Kid said:
    A cool thing this pub does is allow home brewers to use their facilities to make up a batch for their "Coalator" programme. I was considering it this year and planned to make my infamous OktoberFist (a strong dark ale with an .abv of 8.5%), but the impending move kind of pulled the plug on that idea. This is why I want to find another converted house, preferably another half cellar or ground floor flat so I can get back into brewing again. It's not cheap, mind you and a lot of work but like my cooking, it is relaxing and rewarding in a way that money cannot hope to express.
    ...sounds tasty, Any left?
    edited August 2012

I had a lazy day. Probably my last chance for a while.

...same here. Sunday is my day of rest.

I need it before having to face all the fun and mind games during the next week at the day job.

Post edited by kyoto kid on
    edited December 1969

Kyoto Kid said:
    Jaderail said:
    Kyoto Kid said:

...sounds tasty, Any left?You aint no revenuer is ya? I take the fifth. And then hide the other fifth's from prying eyes.
    edited August 2012

..nah, just a lover of good beer. Here at Coalition they have (I should say had as the next batch is still aging) a stout aged in Bulleit Whiskey casks. Very tasty as it just picks up that hint of the whiskey flavour. (and Bulleit is my favourite small batch bourbon so it's a total "win-win").

Amazing that the some of the best whiskey distilled in the country is made in a "dry" state.

In Scotland and Ireland that would be tantamount to sacrilege.

Can't wait to get back to Europe. Going to spend some time in the highlands as well as make a sojourn to the Isle of Skye where my favourite malt whiskey (Talisker) comes from. I'm sure it tastes even better there than whet they export to here.

edited December 1969

Well, finally ran a test render. D A N G the system is FASTTTT! 2 cores, 4 threads.. screamed through a scene in under 60 seconds that took 4 minutes on my old machine!!! :gulp: I'm happy now! :-)

Hopefully mid next week I'll has something postable, right now it's all tests. But the Shrieker on the Enchanted Island was just too much to resist! I need to install Aiko3 so she can get chased through the stone statues by the monster.. it's MONSTER ISLAND!!!

I need a Godzilla.. maybe a T-Rex with some mods? Hmmph. :-S

edited December 1969

ps1borg said:

ONly been at work an hour and a half and needing a break already, gosh it is sunny outside today...

Awwwwwwwwwww... hang in there!!! :coolcheese:

edited December 1969

Well, finally ran a test render. D A N G the system is FASTTTT! 2 cores, 4 threads.. screamed through a scene in under 60 seconds that took 4 minutes on my old machine!!! :gulp: I'm happy now! :-)

Hopefully mid next week I'll has something postable, right now it's all tests. But the Shrieker on the Enchanted Island was just too much to resist! I need to install Aiko3 so she can get chased through the stone statues by the monster.. it's MONSTER ISLAND!!!

...congrats. Sounds like you made a good purchase.

Yesterday while I was at FreeGeek (a local computer co-op) looking for drive rails that might work in my case, they brought in a liquid cooled Alienware rig with a fast i7 CPU, 6G RAM (which I could easily upgrade), 1G Radeon GPU, multiple HDDs for 500$! If it wasn't for the impending relocation costs I need to save for, I would have snagged it and turn the build project into a render box.

edited December 1969

I am watching the losing ceremony

edited December 1969

Kyoto Kid said:

...congrats. Sounds like you made a good purchase.

Yesterday while I was at FreeGeek (a local computer co-op) looking for drive rails that might work in my case, they brought in a liquid cooled Alienware rig with a fast i7 CPU, 6G RAM (which I could easily upgrade), 1G Radeon GPU, multiple HDDs for 500$! If it wasn't for the impending relocation costs I need to save for, I would have snagged it and turn the build project into a render box.

DANG!!! That's too bad.. hopefully you'll get lucky again after things settle down... :down:

edited December 1969

Anyone want a cupcake? They have confetti on them. Edible confetti that is.

edited December 1969

Bedtime! Goodnight all, sleep well and have a great tomorrow! :coolsmile:

Snzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz.....\

edited December 1969

Sweet dreams.

Do not dream of zombies (unless they are cool zombies)

• SkirikiSkiriki Posts: 4,975
    edited December 1969

****. My Significant Otter has gotten that fiddly piece of **** inside human body whatever it is called, that bit of non-used guts inflamed. And he did not tell me until thirty minutes ago, despite having had symptoms on Friday already. ****. So I'm gonna re-locate myself to in-laws, to take care of the kitty and camp there, since it is closest to the hospital. ****.

edited December 1969

...I'll have one. Yum.
    edited December 1969

I am watching the losing ceremony

Heh there should be some winners there, when is the winning ceremony on? :)

edited December 1969

Cupcake!! *noms* I'm having dead fish in a box for lunch, when it gets here :)

edited December 1969

Skiriki said:
    ****. My Significant Otter has gotten that fiddly piece of **** inside human body whatever it is called, that bit of non-used guts inflamed. And he did not tell me until thirty minutes ago, despite having had symptoms on Friday already. ****. So I'm gonna re-locate myself to in-laws, to take care of the kitty and camp there, since it is closest to the hospital. ****.

Oh wow hope things improve soon :)

edited December 1969

*tucks the loachy one in*

edited August 2012

...nitey nite. and sweet dreams of tentacles and Vicky.

BTW Lovecraft's was great. Really liked the feel. They had some signature brews made for them which were mighty tasty. The bands were good too. Rockin' but not overly loud. Even got the ol' bones out there for a couple dances.

Need to dust off my old Call of Cthulu RPG. May have to run a campaign again. I love it, an RPG where the goal is to go totally insane while looking for absolute power.

edited December 1969

Skiriki said:

...oooh ow! Hope things go OK.
    edited December 1969

Shark in a box - we call it Flake, lil' gummy shark - for lunch hmmmm today is not as warm as it looks from inside, outside :)

edited December 1969

Home again! Survived another day at work, only 41/2 months to go, about a hundred and thirty sleeps :)

This discussion has been closed.