Question for E-Arkham

LycanthropeXLycanthropeX Posts: 2,287
edited December 1969 in The Commons

http://www.daz3d.com/new-releases/earkham-s-zworld-lightboard-signs

what I want to know is how did you get inside my head and build exactly what i was planning on building. Its weird, the shapes are spot on to what I have been working on. Only real difference is I was going to give mine a more brand new paint job. This is so close to what I have been designing that its scary creepy. So how did you do it? I never even told anyone I was working on this, no one. How did you get inside my head????

Comments

• RawArtRawArt Posts: 5,868
    edited December 1969

Is he your cousin?

• SimonJMSimonJM Posts: 5,970
    edited December 1969

http://www.daz3d.com/new-releases/earkham-s-zworld-lightboard-signs

what I want to know is how did you get inside my head and build exactly what i was planning on building. Its weird, the shapes are spot on to what I have been working on. Only real difference is I was going to give mine a more brand new paint job. This is so close to what I have been designing that its scary creepy. So how did you do it? I never even told anyone I was working on this, no one. How did you get inside my head????

I invited him in ... don't mind do you? We'll turn the music down if it bothers you. Oh, and you're out of beer and snacks up here .... ;)

• LycanthropeXLycanthropeX Posts: 2,287
    edited December 1969

RawArt said:
    Is he your cousin?

lol no

edited December 1969

it just blows my mind that this is soooo close to what i was working on. I was actually thinking of submitting it to Daz if it turned out decent. It could have been my first product .... no point now

• JaderailJaderail Posts: 0
    edited December 1969

I just grabbed that set myself. It will be very useful. If I had known LX was doing one I would still nab this one. I'm sure there is room for more signs in the world. I know my content folder still has room. I say keep on LX lets see the differences and enjoy both sets. That's my view anyway...

edited December 1969

Jaderail said:
    I just grabbed that set myself. It will be very useful. If I had known LX was doing one I would still nab this one. I'm sure there is room for more signs in the world. I know my content folder still has room. I say keep on LX lets see the differences and enjoy both sets. That's my view anyway...

his is probably modeled better lol. I am not a great modeler, i am learning but it has been slow. I was going to try this out because i thought the signs would be close to my abilities. This set really is so spot on to what i was planning its scary. Rather than build my own at this point I think I would more be inclined to do a texture set for this one, because at this point the only real difference is I was going to paint mine in a nice new color scheme rather than the more weathered look. Not really sure why i had the new paint look in mind, usually if i were to use a set like this it would look more like the weathered version, but that is what i had in my head.

I have another model I have in the works. If anyone does that one before i finish mine then i will know you all are tapping my thoughts because its such an obscure thing, something no one would think of.

• Lissa_xyzLissa_xyz Posts: 6,116
    edited May 2014

Can anyone who's bought this please take a peak in the textures folder and tell me if the letters/numbers are individually textured, or if they all use a portion of one giant map (I'm assuming they're all individual based on the separate 45 textures entry in the what's included tab)?

Post edited by Lissa_xyz on
  • JaderailJaderail Posts: 0
    edited May 2014

Vaskania said:
    Can anyone who's bought this please take a peak in the textures folder and tell me if the letters/numbers are individually textured, or if they all use a portion of one giant map (I'm assuming they're all individual based on the separate 45 textures entry in the what's included tab)?
    Just looked for you Each letter number is separate. The Larger signs use full UV Texture maps. Hope that helps.
    Post edited by Jaderail on
  • Lissa_xyzLissa_xyz Posts: 6,116
    edited December 1969

Jaderail said:
    Vaskania said:
    Just looked for you Each letter number is separate. The Larger signs use full UV Texture maps. Hope that helps.
    Yes it does. Thanks!
    edited December 1969

i have raisinets now, all is well

• E-ArkhamE-Arkham Posts: 733
    edited December 1969

Haha, great minds think alike, I guess? :)

There's always room for more signs. The real world has TONS of signs of all types everywhere you go. Really no shortage to the possibilities.

edited December 1969

E-Arkham said:
    Haha, great minds think alike, I guess? :)

There's always room for more signs. The real world has TONS of signs of all types everywhere you go. Really no shortage to the possibilities.

yeah i was looking at a lot of googie style stuff. I have a real thing for retro looking things. The set looks great btw