Is it worth investing in Victoria 6 and Michael 6

edited December 1969 in The Commons

Hi, I am planning do some new clothes and poses for Victoria 4 and Michael 4, the clothes will be based on the British RAF Uniform and British Air Cadet Uniforms, plus Ninjutsu suit and items, the poses will be RAF Poses like saluting, Parading, and other RAF / Air Cadets poses, and Ninjutsu Poses based on the Various techniques like blocking, rolling, striking, throwing, grappling and stances used in Ninjutsu (Bujinkan Ninjutsu)

Should I invest in Victoria 6 and Michael 6 instead of using Victoria 4 and Michael 4.

and what tools would I need ( I have Daz Pro 4.6 and Blender 2.70a plus I use Gimp as my drawing package

Comments

• MattymanxMattymanx Posts: 6,898
    edited December 1969

DAZ will not turn away good content for V4 or M4 but they have been around for a long time and already have a large amount of content for them across multiple stores.

Personally I would say yes to supporting the Genesis 2 Male and Female (Generation 6 characters) as people are wanting new content for them.

You have the tools you need to built, texture and rig the clothing. Poses can be created inside DS4.

• edited December 1969

From what you said, I will do both, The first piece of clothing will be the Ninjutsu suit which will come in two packages, the V4 and V6 packages will include the Shinobi (Ninjutsu jacket and trousers), Tabi (Ninjutsu Boots) and White, Red and Black Belts while the M4 and M6 packages will include the Shinobi (Ninjutsu jacket and trousers), Tabi (Ninjutsu Boots) and White, Green and Black Belts, I might include Ninjutsu gloves and hood in the packages.

The first set of Poses will be Ninjutsu Martial Art Poses which will include some pf the stances used in Ninjutsu including Ichimonji no Kamae. Shizen Tai no Kamae, Doko Ichimonji no Kamae, Jumonji no Kamae, Seigan no Kamae, Hicho No Kamae, Bobi No Kamae, Kosei no Kamae, and include the various Rolling techniques, Blocking techniques, Attacking techniques, Leaping techniques and other techniques

As for Props, I will include Hanbo and Bo (Staff), Bokken (Wooden Sword, ASHIKO (Claws worn on the shoes to help climb faster) plus other weapons and items used by Ninjutsu

The RAF / Air Cadets clothes, Poses and props will be done later once I have finished the Ninjutsu

• SylvanSylvan Posts: 2,698
    edited May 2014

I say yes as well.
    I like the new technology and the new generation looks and feels much more realistic than the former figures.
    For me personally, I never ever use the 4rth generation or below and almost buy anything for either the Genesis 1 or 2 males.
    As for now I don't have experience with clothes but for character and props creation I use Hexagon.

Post edited by Sylvan on
  • edited December 1969

Just checked what I have brought or got free and found I had Hexagon 2.5 and Bryce 7 Pro, got them when they were free back in February 2012.

• jestmartjestmart Posts: 4,449
    edited December 1969

Genesis 2 Female and Genesis 2 Male are the BASE figures, you would build your clothing to their shapes not V6 and M6.

• anikadanikad Posts: 1,919
    edited December 1969

You should make your items for the base figures Gen 2 M and Gen 2 F. If you make your items for M6 and V6 then you will cut out the section of the market that has Gen2 but not those figures. V4/M4 are different to Genesis in that they are the base figures. There are a lot of people who still use those and a huge market over on rendo/rnda etc.