Smart Content->Products: Letters: Duplicate Entries

Zig ZagZig Zag Posts: 96
edited May 2014 in Carrara Discussion

Hi,

I have duplicate entries in the Smart Cotent Tab, under Products. Each letter in the left-hand tree is duplicated. If I open a letter, the content thereunder is exactly the same as under the other duplicates. Any ideas what could cause this?

Thanks

CarraraSmartContent.jpg
256 x 459 - 29K
Post edited by Zig Zag on

Comments

• 3DAGE3DAGE Posts: 3,311
    edited December 1969

Hi Zig zag :)

This isn't easy to give a definite answer to, but it looks like you hay have "customised the installation" rather than allow the DIM (download Install manager) to install the products

If you open up Daz Studio ...(Carrara currently has no database management tools)
    you should be able to reset, then rebuilt the database of installed products.

One other option is that you may have unintentionally installed Multiple versions of the same product, for different versions of DS and / or Poser.

If you're using DS, and Poser, and you've installed DS and Poser products,..then you would have DS and Poser icons for the same items

the reason that you're seeing Multiple entries is because you have multiple references to the products in the database.

whether It's because you really do have multiple versions installed, or because you've been manually installing,.. or moving files after they're installed, ...or something else,.. is guesswork.

try resetting the database in DS, then re-import the metadata

Hope it helps

• Zig ZagZig Zag Posts: 96
    edited December 1969

Hi 3DAge,

Most of my products were installed using the DIM, plus I have a few products from Renderosity and ShareCG which I put in separate runtimes.

Once I have a little bit of time I'll look into how to rebuild the database of installed products then and report back here how it went.

Thanks

edited December 1969

Uh oh just checked in DAZ Studio and indeed same problem there, the letters are duplicated under Content Library->Products

• fixmypcmikefixmypcmike Posts: 19,580
    edited December 1969

It sounds like the database is corrupt.

edited December 1969

Yep, the database was corrput. I followed the steps given under https://helpdaz.zendesk.com/entries/22523891-Trouble-shooting-the-Smart-Content-Pane and reimported the metadata and now it's fixed.

Thanks for your insights!

• DartanbeckDartanbeck Posts: 21,326
    edited December 1969

Zig Zag said:
    Yep, the database was corrput. I followed the steps given under https://helpdaz.zendesk.com/entries/22523891-Trouble-shooting-the-Smart-Content-Pane and reimported the metadata and now it's fixed.

Thanks for your insights!

Bravo! Glad to hear of your victory!!! :ahhh: