To avoid the calculation of the particles in the render.

DUDUDUDU Posts: 1,945
edited December 1969 in Carrara Discussion

I work on rather complex scenes with generators of particles.
For my tests of render, I would like to avoid calculations of particles but I do not know how to make.
Even if I make them invisible, calculations are done all the same in the render.
Does somebody have a trick?

Comments

• wetcircuitwetcircuit Posts: 0
    edited May 2014

Not sure... you need a simple way to calculate LESS particles without changing your keyframes or values, something you can toggle on/off that won't destroy other settings... The only thing i can think of is to limit the number of particles generated (not sure the real name - it's one of the first controls) to 1 or something ridiculous like that. So the scene still generates the 1 particle (at a time) and then stops(?)

I haven't tested but that's my theory.

I believe there are some settings in the particle generator that do not keyframe... If that control is one of them, it means you could open the emitter at any frame to limit the total number of particles to do a spot render or whatever... Maybe that was a bug in a previous version and it should keyframe... again, just my theory.

Post edited by wetcircuit on
  • 0oseven0oseven Posts: 626
    edited December 1969

In the general tab of parameters panel ( model room ) there is an option "No calculation in 3d view " . Have you tried that ?
    I think its what you want whilst setting up your particles and other objects.
    cheers

• DUDUDUDU Posts: 1,945
    edited December 1969

Holly, I will see that…
    0oseven, I check this option all the time but it's only for the assembly room.
    This function is not always reliable…

Thanks both.

• WendyLuvsCatzWendyLuvsCatz Posts: 38,041
    edited December 1969

hit esc during render

edited December 1969

hit esc during render

I do that for one image only but, for a seq. of 150...%-P

edited December 1969

Not sure... you need a simple way to calculate LESS particles without changing your keyframes or values, something you can toggle on/off that won't destroy other settings... The only thing i can think of is to limit the number of particles generated (not sure the real name - it's one of the first controls) to 1 or something ridiculous like that. So the scene still generates the 1 particle (at a time) and then stops(?)

I haven't tested but that's my theory.

I believe there are some settings in the particle generator that do not keyframe... If that control is one of them, it means you could open the emitter at any frame to limit the total number of particles to do a spot render or whatever... Maybe that was a bug in a previous version and it should keyframe... again, just my theory.

Yes, it' s ok with the function “Freeze now” (keyframed), I had never used it before because I didn't know the utility of it.
    Thank you all.

• 0oseven0oseven Posts: 626
    edited December 1969

Holly, I will see that…
    0oseven, I check this option all the time but it's only for the assembly room.
    This function is not always reliable…

Thanks both.

Oh - thought that you meant "test" render in Assembley Room .

If you are in the Render Room then in addition to above suggestions there is the option for
    "emitter on now".
    Set it to off at frame one and then set it on anywhere on the time line and create key frame. You can then drag the keyframe to anywhere on the time line you want the particles to start.( Obviously move it outside the "timerange of your scene" so you can render the whole scene without activating it Thats how I think I would do it
    Cheers

edited December 1969

0oseven said:

If you are in the Render Room then in addition to above suggestions there is the option for
    "emitter on now".
    Set it to off at frame one and then set it on anywhere on the time line and create key frame. You can then drag the keyframe to anywhere on the time line you want the particles to start.( Obviously move it outside the "timerange of your scene" so you can render the whole scene without activating it Thats how I think I would do it
    Cheers

I tested to check “Freeze now” and uncheck “activate emitter” with 2 keyframes with linear tweeners, that doesn't work, I still have calculations in the render room.
    I tested all and the only option that I found is to save my particles emitters in my objects library and to remove them temporarily from my scene.

• dot_batdot_bat Posts: 373
    edited December 1969

Couldnt u just make them invisible when rendering?

edited December 1969

dot_bat said:

It's the first logical thing that I tested, but without success.

• evilproducerevilproducer Posts: 9,050
    edited December 1969

dot_bat said:

Carrara still calculates the particle postion throughout the animation as visibility can be keyframed.

The other options are to set the quantity of particles low enough to speed up the calculations or to do as DUDU has done and save the emitter to the browser for later use while the rest of the scene is being built.