Could Daz please put ending times on sale offers?

gwp15gwp15 Posts: 55
edited December 1969 in The Commons

The various "Flash Sales" and other promotions can be rather difficult to use if you have no idea when they are ending. Yesterday I saw a banner saying that various stores were on sale for 70% off if you bought one of the Mindblower items, so I started filling my cart but did not have time to make a final selection. Later that same day I went back to do this and found that the discount was now 60%, still good but not as much as it had been a few hours earlier. I had assumed that the offer would be good for the whole day, since there was no indication that the offer was limited to just a few hours. Other sales in the past have said things like "Four Hours Only", etc., with no indication of when the sale actually ends. For those of us who are unable to look at the Daz site every hour to check if a new sale has started - especially for those of us who live abroad in a completely different time zone; mine is 8 hours later than Daz's - it would really be nice if Daz would put an ending time on each of its offers. Then we would know how quickly we have to react or how much time is remaining on an offer when we see it for the first time (especially for one of the sales limited to 4 hours or less). Other websites seem to be able to do this - on Renderosity, for example, the ending time of each offer is clearly stated, along with the time zone. Please consider doing this, Daz, as a service to all of your customers but especially to those in other time zones. Thank you.

Comments

• icprncssicprncss Posts: 3,694
    edited December 1969

From what we have been told in the past, it has to do with the software used in the store.

As for the limited time sales, they are designed to promote impulse buying. If a sale banner or ad states "today only" then chances are the sale will run to midnight Mountain Time. If a sale banner just states it's for a "limited time" or for " x number of hours", it's either buy it now while it's on sale or risk not getting the sale price. I've seen 4 hour flash sales go longer than four hours but I generally take it to mean DAZ is giving users in other time zones a chance to get the sale prices. I've seen limited time sales last for a few hours to a few days. The May MindBlower promo originally listed it as lasting only 3 days. It lasted longer than 3 days and the DAZ ended up adding different options to the promo to try and boost sales.

• FSMCDesignsFSMCDesigns Posts: 12,722
    edited December 1969

Now you know, don't wait, hit the checkout button!!!

• QuietrobQuietrob Posts: 361
    edited December 1969

I did that myself. Put a FREEBIE and a sale item in the basket, got called away, came back after 10pm and suddenly the freebie wasn't free and the sale was over and I sadly had to put the items back. Both Aiko and I cried.

HIT
    THAT
    BUTTON!

edited December 1969

quietrob said:

I did that myself. Put a FREEBIE and a sale item in the basket, got called away, came back after 10pm and suddenly the freebie wasn't free and the sale was over and I sadly had to put the items back. Both Aiko and I cried.

HIT
    THAT
    BUTTON!

That's pretty much it. If you want the sale price buy it while it's at the sale price. Just watch your time and make sure you know when midnight DAZ (US Mountain time zone) is if you are in a different time zone. Check out with at least 10 to 15 minutes to spare before the clock hit midnight DAZ time. More than one buyer has waited til practically the last minute only to find that the cart shows the sale price before they hit the final check out button only to be charged the non-sale price because the clock hit midnight between sending to your payment method for approval and receiving it.

Sales are always such fun.

• Velvet GoblinVelvet Goblin Posts: 532
    edited December 1969

If I didn't regularly and purposely leave my cart until after the sale deadline, I'd have no money at all. But doing it helps me control my spending a *bit*. :D

• EthinEthin Posts: 1,074
    edited December 1969

Waiting for money to transfer certainly kills impulse buying, I don't think I've bought anything from DAZ on sale for two years now.

edited December 1969

Ethin said:
    Waiting for money to transfer certainly kills impulse buying, I don't think I've bought anything from DAZ on sale for two years now.

That really puts a damper on the old "impulse buy". Have you thought about buying a gift card? You could do the transfer, buy the gift card, have it in your account and be ready for the sales. I'd better be careful. I'm beginning to sound like one of our marketing people. Yuck.

• robkelkrobkelk Posts: 3,259
    edited May 2014

icprncss said:
    From what we have been told in the past, it has to do with the software used in the store.

The software allows a graphic that DAZ3D's marketing people have been using to describe the sale. That graphic could include one more phrase: "Sale ends at 23:59 DAZ Time on ..." - all it takes is the desire to add the phrase to the text.

(This is the sort of thing that somebody who does documentation for a living notices.)

Post edited by robkelk on
  • LeatherGryphonLeatherGryphon Posts: 11,450
    edited December 1969

robkelk said:
    icprncss said:

The software allows a graphic that DAZ3D's marketing people have been using to describe the sale. That graphic could include one more phrase: "Sale ends at 23:59 DAZ Time on ..." - all it takes is the desire to add the phrase to the text.

(This is the sort of thing that somebody who does documentation for a living notices.)

This topic has been brought up many many, many times before, but nothing changes. It seems as if even the educated people in Utah are unaware of the concept of time zones. Probably because Utah is, after all, the center of the Universe (like every other point in space).

Regardless, the marketing tactic is "BUY NOW, DAMN IT!" Which, if you're actually interested in a cheap price for the product, is a prudent thing to do.