V6, M6, Gianni characters for Genesis 2 base figure

PschelfhPschelfh Posts: 261
edited December 1969 in The Commons

Can I use the characters (morphs and skins) which are advertised as being for a specific figure (V6, Olympia, M6, Gianni) on the base G2 male or female? For example, can I use 'Sulaiman for Michael 6' on the G2 male base figure?

I had to re-install Content Manager this weekend and I see that the smart content for G2 characters is not labeled for a specific G2 figure. Else I need to label myself what goes with what.

Thanks,
Peter.

Comments

• icprncssicprncss Posts: 3,694
    edited May 2014

The second generation of Genesis returns to the gender split. You have the Genesis 2 Female(s) and the Genesis 2 Male(s). Female morphs such as V6 use the G2F base and male morphs such as M6 and Gianni use the G2M base.

I don't deal with CMS too much as right now it's too much of a mess. Things get placed willy nilly and I really don't need things like a little flash telling me something is a pose when I can darn well figure that out for myself.

What type of label are you looking for?

Post edited by icprncss on
  • Richard HaseltineRichard Haseltine Posts: 99,429
    edited December 1969

It will vary - some will apply the base morph for the named character then add a custom morph on top of that, so if you don't have the base figure the shape will be different. More seriously, but more rarely, some will use the UV set that comes with the character and if you don't have that the textures won't apply. See if there's a thread for the set in question, or a note of the UVs used on the product page, to check.

• PschelfhPschelfh Posts: 261
    edited May 2014

Thanks.

I will label them with the character they are supposed to work with (V6, M6, Olympia, etc...) to avoid problems! ;)

Peter.

Post edited by Pschelfh on