Is there a male counterpart to Giselle planned?

Alley RatAlley Rat Posts: 390
edited December 1969 in The Commons

The subject pretty much asks it all. He would be perfect for the G2M version of a character I'm sketching.. For now I'm quite happily using Hiro 3.

Thanks! :D

Comments

• icprncssicprncss Posts: 3,694
    edited December 1969

Who knows?

• HeraHera Posts: 1,955
    edited December 1969

Well, we are still waiting for David 6 and Olympia's counterpart....

• SpyroRueSpyroRue Posts: 5,020
    edited December 1969

+1 we need consecutive releases to ever catch up them up to the females. :P out numbered by 4 atm lol

edited December 1969

You mean that isn't how the population works? :)

• MattymanxMattymanx Posts: 6,898
    edited December 1969

Herakleia said:
    Olympia's counterpart....

Gianni - http://www.daz3d.com/gianni-6-pro-bundle

• TimbalesTimbales Posts: 2,314
    edited December 1969

doubtful

• Serene NightSerene Night Posts: 17,602
    edited December 1969

I would like a convincing male slim character. But not so much the same style of head.

• AdemnusAdemnus Posts: 744
    edited December 1969

Herakleia said:
    Well, we are still waiting for David 6 and Olympia's counterpart....

Hopefully he'll be gorgeous, unlike david 5 ><</p>

• Alley RatAlley Rat Posts: 390
    edited December 1969

If they do another David, I hope he is closer to the original than David 5, who possessed none of the qualities that (I think) made David 3 so great. As for Giselle's face, I've seen something similar done with the G2M morphs currently available. (all dialed, nothing custom sculpted)

• TheWheelManTheWheelMan Posts: 1,014
    edited December 1969

Wonder what they would name male Giselle?

• TimbalesTimbales Posts: 2,314
    edited December 1969

Wonder what they would name male Giselle?

Giselle:
    USAGE: French, English (Modern)
    PRONOUNCED: zhee-ZEL (French), ji-ZEL (English) [key]

Derived from the Germanic word gisil meaning "hostage" or "pledge". This name may have originally been a descriptive nickname for a child given as a pledge to a foreign court. It was borne by a daughter of the French king Charles III who married the Norman leader Rollo in the 10th century. The name was popular in France during the Middle Ages (the more common French form is Gisèle). Though it became known in the English-speaking world due to Adolphe Adam's ballet 'Giselle' (1841), it was not regularly used until the 20th century.

Gilbert
    USAGE: English, French, Dutch, German, Ancient Germanic
    PRONOUNCED: GIL-bərt (English), zheel-BER (French), KHIL-bərt (Dutch), GIL-bert (German)

Means "bright pledge", derived from the Germanic elements gisil "pledge, hostage" and beraht "bright". The Normans introduced this name to England, where it was common during the Middle Ages. It was borne by a 12th-century British saint, the founder of the religious order known as the Gilbertines.

• Richard HaseltineRichard Haseltine Posts: 99,429
    edited December 1969

Which brings us to Gilbert and Sullivan, and thence to Ruddigore and fairies and elves.

edited December 1969

Which brings us to Gilbert and Sullivan, and thence to Ruddigore and fairies and elves.

The very model of a modern Major General?

• ChangelingChickChangelingChick Posts: 3,145
    edited December 1969

Mattymanx said:
    Herakleia said:

I thought he was meant for Gia...

• LeanaLeana Posts: 11,391
    edited December 1969

The subject pretty much asks it all. He would be perfect for the G2M version of a character I'm sketching.. For now I'm quite happily using Hiro 3.

Thanks! :D

Apparently the morph transfers rather well to G2M, that might help for now:
    http://www.daz3d.com/forums/discussion/39993/P135/#605241
  • Kevin RyeKevin Rye Posts: 392
    edited May 2014

I'd be a big fan of a male/female combined pro bundle. I know DAZ needs to make their money, so they release figures separately so you buy both. But wouldn't it be cool if they released male and female counterparts simultaneously and offered a little discount on buying them together in one bundle? Of course, they'd have to do it up front because people would hold off on buying one until the other was released in the hopes of saving a buck on a combined bundle.

They had a combined V5/M5 bundle as well as the V4/M4 anatomy bundle. But since they never did it for V6/M6 (with the exception of the HD add-on) or Olympia/Gianni, I don't see it happening any time soon.

Post edited by Kevin Rye on
    edited December 1969

ryemac3 said:
    I'd be a big fan of a male/female combined pro bundle. I know DAZ needs to make their money, so they release figures separately so you buy both. But wouldn't it be cool if they released male and female counterparts simultaneously and offered a little discount on buying them together in one bundle? Of course, they'd have to do it up front because people would hold off on buying one until the other was released in the hopes of saving a buck on a combined bundle. I know it'll probably never happen though.

I'd love this. Not holding my breath though.

• StorypilotStorypilot Posts: 1,660
    edited December 1969

ryemac3 said:
    I'd be a big fan of a male/female combined pro bundle. I know DAZ needs to make their money, so they release figures separately so you buy both. But wouldn't it be cool if they released male and female counterparts simultaneously and offered a little discount on buying them together in one bundle? Of course, they'd have to do it up front because people would hold off on buying one until the other was released in the hopes of saving a buck on a combined bundle. I know it'll probably never happen though.

I'd love this. Not holding my breath though.

Well they did do this for the generation 5 young teens, Justin and Julie came out simultaneously with a joint pro, so even though it's very unusual, under the right circumstances they might do it again sometime.
    Also, they released pro suites that combined M5 & V5, in that case after each had been out a little while.

• riftwitchriftwitch Posts: 1,405
    edited December 1969

Mattymanx said:
    Herakleia said:

I think he is. It would be nice to see a Freak 6 and She-Freak 6, too.

edited December 1969

riftwitch said:

Isn't that what Gia and Gianni are? I'm slightly... confused about the current generation... there was a guide somewhere around here...

• CybersoxCybersox Posts: 8,928
    edited December 1969

riftwitch said:

Isn't that what Gia and Gianni are? I'm slightly... confused about the current generation... there was a guide somewhere around here...
    Gia and Giani are essentially Freak-lite and She-Freak-lite. Neither is quite so ridiculously over proportioned, which makes them a lot more versatile. Frankly, there was very little difference between Freak 4 and Freak 5, so I think DAZ probably feels pretty comfortable with how that niche is filled, whereas the lack of a She Freak 5 would indicate that there was little interest in that end of the spectrum.

I imagine it's extremely likely that there will be a counterpart to Giselle that will be along the lines of a taller, more muscular Hiro 5. Something very much like the M4 character Woodland Prince Elric http://www.daz3d.com/woodland-prince-elric-for-m4

For the name, I imagine that Gabriel is a likely choice if they want to keep the current alliterative pattern going. Otherwise, Garret, Gareth or possibly Gage.

• cecilia.robinsoncecilia.robinson Posts: 2,208
    edited December 1969

Spyro said:
    +1 we need consecutive releases to ever catch up them up to the females. :P out numbered by 4 atm lol

icprncss said:
    You mean that isn't how the population works? :)

You know, DAZ is claiming to be family-friendly, that is nice. But isn't this harem policy rather hypocritical?

For the name, I imagine that Gabriel is a likely choice if they want to keep the current alliterative pattern going. Otherwise, Garret, Gareth or possibly Gage.

NO, SWEET GOD, NOT THIS ONE, I BEG YOU.