Error switching to shader room or render room

DiomedeDiomede Posts: 15,125
edited June 2020 in Carrara Discussion

Hey folks.  Just a heads up.

I'm getting an occasional error message when I try to switch rooms.  Doesn't always happen, and I can't seem to find a pattern.  This scene has one G8M via Misty's character set (thank you, Misty).  It has two terrains.  One terrain has a multichannel mixer shader combining two landscape shaders.  The other terrain is a duplicate.  Visibility is unchecked.  Its shader is a black and white controlled by slope (really just a placeholder for my shader that controls the replicator).  It has one custom tree.  The tree is replicated on the duplicate terrain.  The sky is a simple bigradient in the background channel.

error going to render room.jpg
1525 x 965 - 251K
beastie for g8m in carrara.jpg
1178 x 836 - 258K
Post edited by Diomede on

Comments

• DiomedeDiomede Posts: 15,125

By the way, the Genesis 8 figure is half The Outlander by Josh Crocket and half The Dweller which is a Daz Original, with textures by Josh Crocket.

• StezzaStezza Posts: 7,988

I get that often with certain models I have resaved as CAR

then when I create a new scene and populate with saved CAR files I will at times not always get the error and/or the settings tab goes wacky!

when the settings tab goes wacky I double click the item to get into the modeling room and then just exit back to the assemble room and the settings tab comes to life for that item.. I have to do this for each item I select as the previous settings stay as is for each item if I don't.

if that makes any sense surprise

• StezzaStezza Posts: 7,988

I also get freeze ups when modeling especially when copy/pasting stuff 

then it's power off and reboot as Carrara seems to remember the fault if I don't ... again very wacky! frown

• DiomedeDiomede Posts: 15,125

Hmmmm.  Still a mystery why.  Thanks.  Will report back when it happens again.

• Bunyip02Bunyip02 Posts: 8,334

I get an error message soetimes when applying clothes to a character, if I apply the clothes to the scene, then fit to character it seems to ease the problems.

• HeadwaxHeadwax Posts: 9,964

Not good - I mainly get error messages when I drag and drop something in the instances tab - wonder if it's G8?

• DartanbeckDartanbeck Posts: 21,323
    Headwax said:

Not good - I mainly get error messages when I drag and drop something in the instances tab - wonder if it's G8?

I think so. I was getting issues with G3 as well - but I don't think they were the same as this.